Peebles vs. Manchester

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Re: Peebles vs. Manchester

Post by Jayhawks »

That puts Peebles playing 3 games the week of their sectional final.The 21st @ Green, 24th (h) vs Manchester, 26th vs the winner of N.A vs Paint Valley.Could be some tired legs.Any worries?

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

jayhawks wrote:That puts Peebles playing 3 games the week of their sectional final.The 21st @ Green, 24th (h) vs Manchester, 26th vs the winner of N.A vs Paint Valley.Could be some tired legs.Any worries?

They should call off the Green game.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

I agree! The kids probably wont get home until 11-12 oclock when they travel to Green on that Monday.Then play a tough Manchester squad on Wednesday.Then probably have to play a fired up N.A. squad in the sectional final on Friday.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

I am surprised they cancelled this game tonight! I know it is school policy, but I know from experience that we have played games on days off before. The main roads are great and the back roads are improving greatly as the day goes on. Sorry my 99% prediction was wrong! Glad I didn't put 100%! LOL

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

slamdunk wrote:I am surprised they cancelled this game tonight! I know it is school policy, but I know from experience that we have played games on days off before. The main roads are great and the back roads are improving greatly as the day goes on. Sorry my 99% prediction was wrong! Glad I didn't put 100%! LOL

It should have been played.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
slamdunk wrote:I am surprised they cancelled this game tonight! I know it is school policy, but I know from experience that we have played games on days off before. The main roads are great and the back roads are improving greatly as the day goes on. Sorry my 99% prediction was wrong! Glad I didn't put 100%! LOL

It should have been played.

It could have been played the first time. So should Green.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

thanks chitwood, i am sitting here looking at least a foot of snow and you are telling me about a long sleeve shirt. i would go to a game tonight but i don't have enough dogs to pull my sled.
who cancelled this game or was it a mutual agreement?
aren't other shl schools playing tonight?

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

breaking news from the "white star restaurant".........the guys up there said manchester cancelled this game

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

The back roads in Manchester are still horrible and thats where a lot of our players live. No reason to risk a kids life for a basketball game that can be played at another time.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

always better safe than sorry.

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Doesn't Manchester play their first tourney game Tuesday and then will play Peebles Wednesday night? I think the score will be closer, I'll take Peebles by 6.

Let's hope there are no injuries for Peebles in these final 3 games before tourney.

sneaky1
Waterboy

Post by sneaky1 »

Chieftan wrote:Doesn't Manchester play their first tourney game Tuesday and then will play Peebles Wednesday night? I think the score will be closer, I'll take Peebles by 6.

Let's hope there are no injuries for Peebles in these final 3 games before tourney.

Peebles by 14.....might have been a good thing that the game was cancelled? Allows Seaman time to heal?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

maybe that is the real reason the game was rescheduled so much later?

dragon88
Riding the Bench

Post by dragon88 »

sparky wrote:maybe that is the real reason the game was rescheduled so much later?

no. i was told that it is manchester's policy of not playing if there is no school.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Wonder if Manchester has been practicing. If not that's a long lay off.

Return to “Boys Basketball”