Burg 57 vs Oak Hil 51..FINAL 2-26-10 3rd meeting this year

avalanche
JV Team

Re: Burg vs Oak Hill 2-26-10 3rd meeting this year

Post by avalanche »

You think Coach Hale wins with class and Persin does not? That is interesting. I played for Chesapeake and have seen 10 plus years before I played and I do not remember a single Chesapeake player ever getting a technical foul. I have seen a handful of Oak Hill games and I have yet to see a T from any of their players.

If you think Persin is bad then you need to go back 15 years or so and look at the difference.

I have seen both teams several times, well Burg twice and Oak Hill three times, and I said from the beginning this is not your typical Burg team and people did not want to listen. Oak Hill will have to play until the end but I see Oak Hill winning in a low scoring game 46-39.

Jumpshot
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumpshot »

I like the Burg's chances this time.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

TheDarkKnight wrote:Oaks by as many as they want!!!!

after the way the burg played last night against rock hill and if they can play the same way then IMHO they can win. i'm takin the burg in a upset. burg by 5
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhatsTheWord
Waterboy

Post by WhatsTheWord »

Third time is a charm and it is hard to beat a team three times in a season. It can be done, but it is hard. Burg by three.

blondebomb
Freshman Team

Post by blondebomb »

GO OAKS !!!!!! BRING HOME THE WIN :aaaaa14 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 !!!!!

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

It should be a battle. Burg is never an easy out.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I heard the Oaks only beat Northwest by 3 tonight?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Go Burg... I'll never utter those words again......ever.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:I heard the Oaks only beat Northwest by 3 tonight?

Yes they did.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:MOF,
All it takes for the tide to change that quickly is a display like Saturday night. The same feelings do not hold true for the girls program. I have the upmost respect for Coach Hale and wish them much success. I think he coaches and wins with class.

So should we have the same feelings about Waverly during their tournament run for their display?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MOF,
What Waverly did was NOT back down from the Oaks antics. I'd love to see the game film to see what it shows. I know you'll defend your school, your team, your coach, etc.
I'm all for a physical game but there should have been at least two ejections. When players are down on the floor it's up to at least one official to make sure nothing bad happens. Either all 3 officials were blind or one of them missed their assignment (twice). Last I checked stomping on players heads and head locks are flagrant. If Waverly players did any of that I'll be the first to tell you it was wrong. If Waverly's coach stared down an Oak player I'll be the first to tell you it was wrong. Robertson was the only one to get a technical in that game and that was when he defended his player who was the recipient of the head lock. Robertson went after the refs, not the Oak Hill player or coaching staff.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:MOF,
What Waverly did was NOT back down from the Oaks antics. I'd love to see the game film to see what it shows. I know you'll defend your school, your team, your coach, etc.
I'm all for a physical game but there should have been at least two ejections. When players are down on the floor it's up to at least one official to make sure nothing bad happens. Either all 3 officials were blind or one of them missed their assignment (twice). Last I checked stomping on players heads and head locks are flagrant. If Waverly players did any of that I'll be the first to tell you it was wrong. If Waverly's coach stared down an Oak player I'll be the first to tell you it was wrong. Robertson was the only one to get a technical in that game and that was when he defended his player who was the recipient of the head lock. Robertson went after the refs, not the Oak Hill player or coaching staff.

Ok, please keep this off this discussion. This is about Burg vs Oak Hill. There have been boards taken down already because of using personal names...If you want to talk about Oak Hill vs Waverly, then start another topic. This board is for another game (B vs OH). We don't care about what happened in another gym.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Burg plays Valley tonight, this game could be a momentum getter for the Burg going into Friday vs Oak Hill. Obviously it doesn't pose any meaning in the SOC standings for the Burg, but I feel beating Rock Hill and then getting a win at Valley can only do them good going into Friday.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

therepublican wrote:Burg plays Valley tonight, this game could be a momentum getter for the Burg going into Friday vs Oak Hill. Obviously it doesn't pose any meaning in the SOC standings for the Burg, but I feel beating Rock Hill and then getting a win at Valley can only do them good going into Friday.

Where is this game being played?

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Go Pirates...of Wheelersburg!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Burg plays Valley tonight, I thought therepublican said this was a Burg/Oak Hill thread? LOL :lol:

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Burg plays Valley tonight, I thought therepublican said this was a Burg/Oak Hill thread? LOL :lol:

It sure is, and bringing up the Burg v Valley game directly correlates to what could happen Friday night vs Oak Hill for the Burg. Point is, threads have been ripped down because of people like you using specific names on here, just don't go there. Those "issues" have nothing to do with Burg and their game Friday.
Last edited by therepublican on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Bucknut27 wrote:
therepublican wrote:Burg plays Valley tonight, this game could be a momentum getter for the Burg going into Friday vs Oak Hill. Obviously it doesn't pose any meaning in the SOC standings for the Burg, but I feel beating Rock Hill and then getting a win at Valley can only do them good going into Friday.

Where is this game being played?

Bucknut: the game is actually at Valley "middle" school to avoid conflict with tournament games going on at the high school.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

therepublican,
If the Burg/Valley game directly correlates to what could happen Friday night vs Oak Hill for the Burg so could the Oak Hill game against Waverly. Your point is mute.
I have not used specific players names on here so there's no where to go with that point. If you don't think those "issues" have anything to do with Burg playing Oak Hill you better think again. Burg better be ready for it.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO OAKS!

Return to “Boys Basketball”