Best coach in the SHL??

sparky
All State

Re: Best coach in the SHL??

Post by sparky »

i am not sure. i know beucler took over from jerry lewis in the 90's sometime and kennedy was at whiteoak for about 10 years before he
went to ripley. i believe beucler attended eastern as well. i think kennedy graduated from manchester or ripley? where did dave young go to high school?

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

lefty_49 wrote:-My pick is Kennedy. He puts a winning team together every year, regardless of the talent. I think Matt Carson from Fairfield is probably the most under-rated coach in the league. Outside of Cox, he hasnt had much to toy with, but hes still put together winning teams. (Also like his style of play) Dave's still at the top too, his age is jut beginning to hurt him, not to mention the amount of talent he has at NA.

Wow!! I would have never thought Kennedy's name would get mentioned in this topic.

Beucler and Young run fantastic programs. You have to mention Lawhorn here too. He's proven himself in college too.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

dave young went to west union.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Buecler, Lawhorn, and Young are the top 3 in no particular order.

houndsfan3015
Riding the Bench

Post by houndsfan3015 »

Coach Brewer is by far the best coach in the SHL. haha not!!!!

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

My sincere thanks to you Lefty for creating this topic as I had forgotten to register my preference on an earlier thread concerning this very subject.

It seems as though I have inspired some of my fellow transcribers to expand their vocabulary, thus becoming a more intelligent, better versed entity. No recognition or gratitude is necessary, the retort of my fellow posters is thanks enough. I am hesitant to discomfit anyone on a public "round table" as is SEOP; but here goes:

Best Instructors of Basketball in the SHL

Eastern Brown Varsity Instructor
North Adams Varsity Instructor

Better Instructors of Basketball in the SHL

Peebles Varsity instructor
Whiteoak Varsity Instructor
Ripley Varsity Instructor

Good Instructors of basketball in the SHL

Eastern Brown Junior Varsity Instructor
Whiteoak Junior Varsity Instructor
North Adams Junior Varsity Instructor

Improving Instructors of Basketball in the SHL

West Union Varsity Instructor
Peebles Junior Varsity Instructor

As for Instructor Carson, tittle-tattle has it that he may well be ousted after this season.
Last edited by tobiasunderwood on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

looks like tobias underwould got a thesaurus or a dictionary for christmas. i know that leesburg changes coaches more often than some people change their underwear but if i were a betting man i would bet that young mr. carson is back next year. is this wishful thinking on your part or do you have a reliable source? (i hope i didn't misspell any words.)

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

sparky wrote:looks like tobias underwould got a thesaurus or a dictionary for christmas. i know that leesburg changes coaches more often than some people change their underwear but if i were a betting man i would bet that young mr. carson is back next year. is this wishful thinking on your part or do you have a reliable source? (i hope i didn't misspell any words.)

:lol:

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

sparky wrote:looks like tobias underwould got a thesaurus or a dictionary for christmas. i know that leesburg changes coaches more often than some people change their underwear but if i were a betting man i would bet that young mr. carson is back next year. is this wishful thinking on your part or do you have a reliable source? (i hope i didn't misspell any words.)

No Sparky, there is no wishful thinking as I have little interest in the happenings at Fairfield. I have, at times, seen this Instructor of Basketball working at his chosen craft and I must say that I was not electrified in any way. As for the "source" (foundation is a better word) it is fairly reliable as tittle-tattle goes.

TheRock
Waterboy

Post by TheRock »

Sir Underwood,
I see on another thread that you also called Coach Lawhorn's status as a coach after this season. Could you please enlilghten the rest of us with your proclaimed "Foundations"

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Coach Lawhorn does belong in the top four of SHL coaches i didnt mention him before only because i was thinking of programs and longevity he can definetly coach with anyone.

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

TheRock wrote:Sir Underwood,
I see on another thread that you also called Coach Lawhorn's status as a coach after this season. Could you please enlilghten the rest of us with your proclaimed "Foundations"

Master TheRock,

Do I detect a pessimistic tone in your statement? I sense that if I were to try and explicate any state of affairs to you that it would end unconstructively. The aforementioned were according to tittle-tattle around the confederation, but I am quite certain that the Peebles Varsity Instructor has confessed his intentions and that it is factual.

One other thing my obtuse friend, it is not wise to enter into a battle of intellect empty handed. ;-)

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

tobiasunderwood wrote:

Master TheRock,

Do I detect a pessimistic tone in your statement? I sense that if I were to try and explicate any state of affairs to you that it would end unconstructively. The aforementioned were according to tittle-tattle around the confederation, but I am quite certain that the Peebles Varsity Instructor has confessed his intentions and that it is factual.

One other thing my obtuse friend, it is not wise to enter into a battle of intellect empty handed. ;-)

underwood, owning a thesaurus doesn't make you an intellectual.

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

jchitwood wrote:
tobiasunderwood wrote:

Master TheRock,

underwood, owning a thesaurus doesn't make you an intellectual.

LOL, AMEN JIMMY!!!!

TheRock
Waterboy

Post by TheRock »

Therefore, let it be known to all " Thou shalt cast stones at those who carry a stick"

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

IMO Lawhorn is probably at the top. Even with his stint as Peebles coach in the late 90's he had a pretty good run with teams that wasn't expected to do much. I also think its gonna be interesting to see how the new coach at Manchester (Lockhart) does. He's young yes, but hey he's got that team playing pretty good this year.

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

jchitwood--it appears you have a groupie in GoBigRed, applauding all of your posts. Your SEOP entity has gained a true fan!

followthru-Manchester has played well at times--yet, as this coach matures he needs to find the ability to create a consistency in his team. 5-9 in the league, second to last place in the small school, I am sure even Coach Lockhart would not consider this successful. But they did beat Peebles and Ironton! I feel they under-achieved, but don't we all :122249 .

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Chitwood,

I was wondering when you might take action to my comments and was beginning to feel somewhat disregarded. I want to express my sincere appreciation to you for acknowledging my existance.

I do not possess a thesaurus, but i do take pleasure in verbal and written communication and have been referred to as "the human lexicon".

Persons involved with instructing youngsters are open to a certain amount of criticism and it would be wise for them to develop a protective covering to withstand some negativity.

What, may I ask, is your area of expertise? You seem to be somewhat well versed and possibly educated. According to your responses on SEOP, my deduction would be that you were a public accountant or a records management officer. I look forward to conversing with you further on this or any other issue. Take care young jedi, protector of all that is in the public focus!

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

:?:
Last edited by Dr Lou on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

YC08 wrote:jchitwood--it appears you have a groupie in GoBigRed, applauding all of your posts. Your SEOP entity has gained a true fan!

followthru-Manchester has played well at times--yet, as this coach matures he needs to find the ability to create a consistency in his team. 5-9 in the league, second to last place in the small school, I am sure even Coach Lockhart would not consider this successful. But they did beat Peebles and Ironton! I feel they under-achieved, but don't we all :122249 .

LOL! He's the Michael Jordan of SEOP. How could I not be a fan.......

Return to “Boys Basketball”