All State

Re: Prayers needed for PFLOYD

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Prayers from Rebel country.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thank you all for the wishes of good health this past week - means a lot to an "old" man from the river LOL ... surgery looks good to me - a 9 inch incision on the leg where they removed more from the original melanoma area, in the same operation lymph nodes were removed from the groin area where possible microscopic cancer cells may or may not have moved from the original area... a biopsy of these lymph nodes is the next "step"/hurdle ... should know something in the next 6-8 days ..IF nothing is found I will be doing immune therapy for a year - with the first 4 weeks similar to chemo therapy,this will be very difficult time BUT with everyones thoughts and prayers it will all work out I'm sure ...

... as far as the Elite 8 goes I will be relying on all of you to keep me updated on your teams and the teams they play in Southern Ohio. I will do the best I can do with the weekly rankings .. I WILL be out on the road when I can get there or as my body will let me ... my plan right now is to BE at Zane Trace next week - my incisions will have healed sufficient enough to drive and sit ... not sure I can make both days of games (the goal is to be there) but we will see ... also want to try to get to Coach Helber's coaching debut Dec 7th at Logan vs a very good Bloom Carroll ball club followed by the Saturday Dec 11th games at the Convo ... that's the plan all dependent upon my health ...

... again thank you ALL so much for the thoughts and prayers ... hope to see many of you soon at a basketball court in Southern/Southeast Ohio near you ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

PFLOYD ... JUST FOR YOU BUDDY I WILL THROW SOME INSIGHT INTO LAST NIGHTS SHRINERS PREVIEW:

I HATE TO MAKE MANY COMMENTS SINCE I'M NOW A "DIPLOMAT" TO THE T.V.C. - AS OPPOSED TO THE NO. 1 FAN (WHICH I DEFINITLY USE TO BE)

2010 PREVIEW:

Meigs 29, Trimble 25

Not much report here Floyd ... Trimble didn't show much - but they do have 6-foot-7 Noah Guthrie in the middle. Lack of good guard play may hurt the 'Cats throughout the season.

Vinton County 32, Belpre 29

The Vikings have Lawhead and Ward - but their lacking a little height ... Don't be surprised if Athens & VC battle it out for the Ohio title again. Last season Vinton JV team was (20-0) ... So who knows what Coach Combs has in back pocket and didn't want to show last night. BELPRE - looked descent with Waderker & Rashawn Miller in the back court. (They may contend in the Hocking)

Warren 23, Eastern 11

Man, Warren is tall & athletic. Eastern had some injuries and is really, really smalll. No player over 6-foot. You never know with Howie, but I'm guessing a 2nd, 3rd or perhaps even a 4th place finish in the Hocking.

Miller 28, Nelsonville-York 27

Definitly a shocker - but coach Kline didn't play his horses much of the game. The 'Bucks have some real size Daniel Kline 6'5, Jared Dexter 6'4, Kyle Moore 6'5, Alec Swingle 6'5 - but guard play may be in issue (especially against Athens & VC)

Alexander 38, South Gallia 21

The big story out of Alex is that three players from last years team aren't playing. Cody Lawson, Yazdani & Trey Bennett. The Spartans have Chapman, 6-foot-8 Jack hart and a talented sophomore named Braden Jones - but who knows what Coach Gabriel will get out of them.

Wellston 36, Federal Hocking 21

Not much to report here ... 6-foot-10 Chris Saylor didn't play for Fed Hock after being injured last week, which made the game a little misleading.

Athens 32, Southern 19

The 'Dogs looked pretty good Pfloyd ... Devon Sharp & Ian Dixon in the back court are vicious on defense ... Dean Maffin has improved his mid-range game to go along with his 3-point shooting and they have 2 or 3 good sized post players. SOUTHERN is actually pretty good, they just ran up against a tough defense - I look for the Tornadoes to contend in the Hocking.

BTW - THERE ARE A LOT OF PICTURE UP ON http://trivalleyconference.com/ FROM LAST NIGHT IF YOU WANT TO CHECK OUT SOME OF THE TEAMS.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Now THAT'S a rundown 93dog- that's what I'm talking 'bout! thanks for the dropping of some key names - some we know , some we don't know YET but will make a name for themselves as the season goes along ... I fully understand your position on the TVC - anyone who has been around for he last 10+ years (WOW) knows where your allegiances lie LOL ... looking forward to seeing you again this season from time to time (as my health will permit) will be reading the Messenger throughout the season for sure to stay up with the TVC teams ... you run into Coach Skinner tell him pfloyd will be keeping a close eye on his Bulldogs this season ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Now Floyd ... Just because I like to keep en eye on all the TVC teams - dose not mean I still don't bleed green & gold if I happen to get cut.

BTW ... Here is some 'name dropping' for ya from last nights preview.

TOP SCORERS:

Braden Jones - Alex - 14 pts
Cameron Bolin - Meigs - 14 pts
Dakota Brown - Wellston - 13 pts
Noah Guthrie - Trimble - 10 pts

Drew Nester - Belpre ... Jared Dexter - NY ... Jake gray - Alex ... Blake Warrington - Wellston (ALL SCORED 9 pts)
Ryan Chesser - VC ... Eric Waderker - Belpre ... Corey Rex - FH ... Devon Sharp - Athens ... Dean Maffin - Athens (ALL SCORED 8 pts)

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

PFLOYD, missing you badly, hope your recovery is quick and as painless as possible....our prayers are with you. I know Warren isn't in the TVC, but I wasn't able to make the trip... anyword on their players, scorers ?

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

continued thoughts and prayers -- hope to see you at the convo down the line

FaithnGod10
Waterboy

Post by FaithnGod10 »

Prayers from Ohio High School Hoops.

Have been following PFLOYD's work for the last couple years, and we love it.

Southeastern Ohio loves its sports as much as anybody in Ohio if not more. We love following this site.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

As an adult, this is one of those things where I feel I am being compulsed to go on record, even though Pfloyd honestly knows that I have been and will continue to pray for him every single day. I read about this a few days ago, and now am going on record.

Nobody cares more than this man, and has an unbiased, objective point-of-view about HS basketball. My only regret was not taking advantage of sitting with him to catch the Eastern-Athens game at Athens last year (?), as I knew where he was, and I was just a couple of rows down in the stands.

You are in my prayers, Pfloyd, and I won't make that mistake again. Next time I can sit with you to take in a game, I will do so! Get well soon, my friend!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Steely Dan - thank you ... as far as not sitting with Pfloyd - always have room for a fellow hs hoops fan to share insights into the game we all enjoy- high school hoops ... Pfloyd WILL be back out in the Cheap Seats ... can't keep me locked up forever LOL ... I can't do the Elite 8 without KNOWING/HAVING SEEN the teams I rank ... can't do it/won't do it - not sure how anyone can be taken seriously in ranking teams without having seen them play ... and more importantly it isn't fair to the coaches and the student athletes who work so hard to give us such a great show 1/2/3 times every week for 10-11 weeks during the Winter ... SD thanks again for your kind words- you are more than welcome to share a Cheap Seat location with pfloyd ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I recomend not sitting in the 'Cheap seats' with Floyd ... You go to watch a basketball game and end up getting your ear talked off ... lol

Oh wait ... oooops ... that's me I was thinking of.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Thoughts and prayers

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... hoops has started - puts a smile on my face it does LOL ... big week for me health wise - will be hearing on the outcome of the biopsy of the lymph nodes removed 2 weeks ago - the waiting is killing me ... IF all is clean - I will begin immune therapy for a year, IF not so much - cancer present in the lymph nodes- they will need to operate again to take more lymph nodes before I can begin my IV interferon treatments ... I thank all of you for the thoughts and prayers from all over Southern Ohio and beyond - I know things will work out for the best ... I'll let all know when I hear something - my appointment with the medical oncologist is Wednesday afternoon - hoping to know something BEFORE I go for that appointment at the James ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... received GREAT NEWS from the James this morning -" I'm clean!" ... the biopsy of the lymph nodes came back negative/same with the area surrounding the melanoma in the leg- negative ... next hurdle up is to do the immune therapy treatments - not an easy hurdle to get over BUT fighting a single front "preventive" battle is so much better than 2 fronts and being "reactive" ... thanks again for the support from across Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... means a great deal to this old man ...

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

pfloyd wrote:... received GREAT NEWS from the James this morning -" I'm clean!" ... the biopsy of the lymph nodes came back negative/same with the area surrounding the melanoma in the leg- negative ... next hurdle up is to do the immune therapy treatments - not an easy hurdle to get over BUT fighting a single front "preventive" battle is so much better than 2 fronts and being "reactive" ... thanks again for the support from across Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... means a great deal to this old man ...

You mean a great deal to us. The prayers from Vinton County will continue.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:... received GREAT NEWS from the James this morning -" I'm clean!" ... the biopsy of the lymph nodes came back negative/same with the area surrounding the melanoma in the leg- negative ... next hurdle up is to do the immune therapy treatments - not an easy hurdle to get over BUT fighting a single front "preventive" battle is so much better than 2 fronts and being "reactive" ... thanks again for the support from across Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... means a great deal to this old man ...

GREAT NEWS , VERY GLAD TO HEAR THIS!!! SEE YOU AT A GAME SOON.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Great news. Keep the Faith. Best wishes and prayers from the old French city.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

All right! Let me know if the purple hippo will be coming through Peebles, otherwise I hope to see you at the cheap seats in the convo!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

jchitwood ... after making a trip to Peebles last season - no hs hoops season would be complete without making a trip to see the Indians on their home court ... I'll know more of when that will be after my visits to the James this Wednesday ... the immune treatment will begin soon after - a lot of the traveling will be predicated by how my body deals with the treatment ... I've cleared many hurdles in the last month and a half - this will be no different "clear the hurdle" and move on ... look forward to seeing Coach Arey's Peebles squad in action ... lots of reasons to get healthy as soon as possible - high school hoops the great healer ( maybe I can get some grant money from Uncle Sam to study that theory ! LOL) ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”