Waverly@Washington Courthouse

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: Waverly@Washington Courthouse

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Who got the technical for Waverly in that close a game. Tough to get those on the road. Xenia had one called against Chilly tonight for taunting after a Xenia kid threw down a hard dunk. It is a point of emphasis this year for the officials to keep down the excessive celebrations that happen to be rubbing it in on the opponent. Sounds like this might have been something else.

Good to see Waverly open up on the road against a tough Wash C.H. team. Even the loss will make them better as they roll into league action and then the Holiday tourney.

TheWizKid
Waterboy

Post by TheWizKid »

Taylor Ward got the technical. I guess he didnt agree with the call...

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

It doesn't matter who got the technical. The ref must be able to read lips. The ref was at half court and with the crowd noise he couldn't have heard the player. I too read his lips, but he wasn't mad at the call but himself. Won't condone the language but can the ref in a close game warn the player. That gave Court House 4 foul shots and the ball, in a game that needed to be decided by the players. Also Waverly scored and a offensive foul was called with 6 seconds to go. How many times do the refs swallow their whistles and let the teams play?

TheWizKid
Waterboy

Post by TheWizKid »

yes i know. i was read the refs mouths when the game went into OT and they said something like "Now this is a close game. If you guys see anything that looks like a foul, call it" that made me wonder how it was gonna turn out.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... would someone please post Washington CH's schedule ... would like to get out to see the Lions during the regular season ... thank you ...

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

devin kelly for waverly really showed his ball handling skills in this one i feel that there were times that he had some good looks to shoot but being the unselfish player that he is he got his teamates the ball but to much mistakes and courthouse got the win but very easily couldve gone the other way

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

I was proud of all the Tigers, and it was a tough loss for them and i am sure that the ref that made the Technical call probably wishes now that he hadnt - he was not near the kid that he called it on and it was such a clean game - it was truly a mistake on the ref's fault- as far as the bucket at the end of the game everyone was so excited because it probably should have been a no call or a three point play by Kretzer and then all of a sudden they made it a charge- unreal call- not as bad as the one where the kid fell over remy's back under the basket and they called a walk.

All of this is part of basketball and give Court House credit they found a way to win and they didnt ask the refs to make those calls but they took advantage of them just like any good team would. It is a shame Ward got that call because up till then i thought he played great! As far as Kelly handling the ball good I think he did and I think he and Kretzer had some big steals in the 4th quarter that really sparked the Tigers. I was also proud of how hard Martin played, he struggled with his shooting in the early part of the game and he just kept battling. Overall good experience on the road where they didnt get any calls to go thier way and they still should have won in regulation. Just build on it and dont feel sorry for yourself and get better!

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Actually it was Ward with the steals that sparked Waverly. Dribbling lol

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

crazy midgets- ward played well and he indeed did have some steals too--- its just a shame the game ended as it did. I will tell you another thing he did too- did he sat some nice picks for Kelly bringing the ball up the court or what? If he continues to play hard he will be fine!

Purple Cobras
Waterboy

Post by Purple Cobras »

Good to see that WCH & Waverly are meeting up - the teacher (Schaffer) vs. the pupil (T-Rob). Kyle Sloan is one of the top seniors in Southern Ohio - definitely worth watching.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

well we were up 3 when he went out with 4th foul, down 3 when he came back in, and up 3 when he fouled out I think its pretty safe to say he needs to be in the ballgame, and if players continue to chase on d were going to have to play zone (which i dont like Kretzer up top though he is long we lose rebounding) or our inside guys are gonna be in foul trouble all yr trying to help out. jmo

Return to “Boys Basketball”