SOC 2 Predictions?

Madness
Freshman Team

Re: SOC 2 Predictions?

Post by Madness »

If Minford plays a zone like everyone should against Burg, even though they are rebuilding, they can make it a close game. Valley is rebuilding and they had a chance to win. I would give Minford an edge over Valley in this situation because of a more experienced coach who does have a few kids with some varsity experience. Not saying they will beat Burg, but it can be an interesting game.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Oak Hill and South Webster made strong statements Friday night that they will be the dominant teams in the SOC-2 for this season. However do not count Wheelersburg out yet if their football players find their basketball legs. Waverly, Minford and Valley will battle for fourth place.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly will be right in the hunt. Oak hill was better last night but not normally. I think Waverly will beat them in oak hill. Waverly has to win at home Tuesday against south Webster. Think they will after a nice bounce back win tonight at South Point.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Can we give the football legs a break and just say Burg got outplayed and out coached. Good chance it will happen again if they continue to struggle scoring against a zone and shooting poorly at the charity stripe.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly shot terrible against Jackson and figured out a way to win and then shot terrible again against a very good Oak Hill team and was right there until the Oaks made FT's down the stretch to ice it and pull away. Waverly will come along and has potential to be a good team.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Ukfanatic wrote:Waverly will be right in the hunt. Oak hill was better last night but not normally. I think Waverly will beat them in oak hill. Waverly has to win at home Tuesday against south Webster. Think they will after a nice bounce back win tonight at South Point.

This is funny.."Oak Hill was better last night, but not normally." The are now "normally" 5-0 (2-0) and beat the Tigers by 11 in the "jungle". Waverly only led once when the score was 2-1. I wouldn't call that a fluke. I would call that getting beat by the better team. The Oaks will be the team to beat in SOC-2.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Oaktown wrote:
Ukfanatic wrote:Waverly will be right in the hunt. Oak hill was better last night but not normally. I think Waverly will beat them in oak hill. Waverly has to win at home Tuesday against south Webster. Think they will after a nice bounce back win tonight at South Point.

This is funny.."Oak Hill was better last night, but not normally." The are now "normally" 5-0 (2-0) and beat the Tigers by 11 in the "jungle". Waverly only led once when the score was 2-1. I wouldn't call that a fluke. I would call that getting beat by the better team. The Oaks will be the team to beat in SOC-2.
Correction, Waverly actually led with their run to start the 3rd.
But I agree, Oak Hill is undefeated for a reason.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Any Norm Persin coached team is going to be formidable. He simply gets the most out of the talent at hand.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Good win for waverly over south point. Tigers looking good.

GO EAGLES
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Oak Hill is the favorite to win the league. They have three of the most talented basketball players in the SOC. They would thrive under nearly any coach. As I've stated in the past; generally speaking coaches receive too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose. Most of the time it comes down to talent. Of course most people don't want to hear that.

Big game for Waverly tomorrow vs Webster. Some way, some how, the Tigers have got to find a way to rebound the ball. It going to take a heck of an effort against a talented Jeeps team.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote:Oak Hill is the favorite to win the league. They have three of the most talented basketball players in the SOC. They would thrive under nearly any coach. As I've stated in the past; generally speaking coaches receive too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose. Most of the time it comes down to talent. Of course most people don't want to hear that.

Big game for Waverly tomorrow vs Webster. Some way, some how, the Tigers have got to find a way to rebound the ball. It going to take a heck of an effort against a talented Jeeps team.
Tigers knew coming into the season without the two bigs playing from last year they would struggle on the glass. Tigers have to have someone step up.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Almost a must-win game for Waverly tonight if they want to stay in SOC II race. Dropping 2 home games against Oak Hill and Webster would make it pretty tough for Waverly conference-wise going forward. Wheelersburg in the same boat against Minford as well.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”