Varsity

Re: Eastern @ Clay Saturday

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Anyone have stats for Eastern?

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

PDT stats showed Watkins- 12, Hawks -12, Lands-11, Satterfield-10, Thornsberry-9, Ciscso-7, Pickett -1. Eastern had 7 three pointers with Lands hitting 3, but that was their downfall. They were 7 - 22 overall. It kept them in the game early, but the law of averages caught up with them. Clay's coach went into a rare 2 - 3 zone and forced them to shoot from outside, and Clay didn't give up the open layups. They kept Eastern at around 37% from the 2 point range.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Question for clay fans. Did clay go into that death weave u always talk about. I was looking for it when they get their lead, bit it seem to me like they were still playing good ball on offense and didnt go to stall mode.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

They didn't get the chance to weave. They were down 4 points in the first few minutes of the 4th. King hit a big three and a couple of steals and they were up 6 in no time. Eastern tried to press again, and they got several run outs and went up 10, then Eastern had to start fouling. It appears in the SV and Eastern game Clay has gone away from the weave, and has been playing some 2 - 3 zone over smaller teams, taking away the inside game with their height advantage and making opponents shoot over them, i.e. Easterns 7 - 22 from the trey.

Return to “Boys Basketball”