Lucasville Valley @ Minford

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Re: Lucasville Valley @ Minford

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Is Ironton that good...all I been hearing how good Minford is, looks like valley is the king of the soc anyway

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

ohiostbucks99 wrote:Is Ironton that good...all I been hearing how good Minford is, looks like valley is the king of the soc anyway
From what I'm told...they are that good. Valley will continue to improve and would have probably given them a better game later in the season. Bad early season matchup for the Indians.

Valley is a good team

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

With the great football would like to see the Indians play Ironton later in the year

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Ironton is that good , look 4 them 2 make an appearance in CBUS later on !

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

always a good laugh to look back and see some of the predictions on who wins, by how many points.

good win for the Indians

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

blue53 wrote:always a good laugh to look back and see some of the predictions on who wins, by how many points.

good win for the Indians
Couldn't agree more. Great road win.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Ironton is that good, Clay is that bad. This year the SOC champ could have 2-3 losses before the title is decided.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Don't see valley having 3 losses in league

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Stats?

oldfalcon
Waterboy

Post by oldfalcon »

Congrats to Valley on the road win. Their defense got better throughout the game. While both teams are good ball clubs, Valley showed that winning edge as they have in both football and bball the past two seasons. Valley just turned the SOC into a dog fight the rest of the season. Minford found out they have to do more than just show up to win.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ohiostbucks99 wrote:Stats?
I can't remember them all. I do know that Dunn finished with 20-7 (positive on the 20-95% on the 7) I believe West was 12-7. Will Howard finished with 10 points and I think Brian Rolfe and Chris Flowers both had 9. Valley had 12 turnovers and was 6-16 from the line.

I know they announced McBee had 30 for Minford.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Classy post OLD Falcon ! 2 very good teams going at it ! The SOC 2 is going to be very entertaining this season to say the least .

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

Coaching, coaching, coaching! McBee should be shooting 9 out of 10 shots. Stop passing so much. Best player on the floor and can carry us but needs to shoot more!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

ughh here we go with the nay sayers.. :roll:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Sounds like 2 great/quality TEAMS in SOuthern Ohio got after it in a Round 1 Matchup of Heavy Weights ... sounded like a great game to be in the cheap seats no matter which team you were supporting - great high school hoops is GREAT HIGH SCHOOL HOOPS! ... all the good teams learn win or lose , they get better and move forward ... Minford and Valley qualify as two heavyweights Below the Lancaster-DIxon Line - BOTH get nothing but better from this one - and move on ...

... looking forward to reading any/all of the napkin stats from this one - want to see the LVHS 2012 version of the BIGS did tonight ... as well as how they handle on the ball pressure ...

These kind of games is what high school hoops is all about - I love it !!! congratulation to both teams on a great game put on for the cheap seat guys ...

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

pfloyd wrote:Sounds like 2 great/quality TEAMS in SOuthern Ohio got after it in a Round 1 Matchup of Heavy Weights ... sounded like a great game to be in the cheap seats no matter which team you were supporting - great high school hoops is GREAT HIGH SCHOOL HOOPS! ... all the good teams learn win or lose , they get better and move forward ... Minford and Valley qualify as two heavyweights Below the Lancaster-DIxon Line - BOTH get nothing but better from this one - and move on ...

... looking forward to reading any/all of the napkin stats from this one - want to see the LVHS 2012 version of the BIGS did tonight ... as well as how they handle on the ball pressure ...

These kind of games is what high school hoops is all about - I love it !!! congratulation to both teams on a great game put on for the cheap seat guys ...

Pfloyd-

Valley flat out defended and got after it in the 4th. The big man in the middle, Hayden Dunn, led the Indians with 20. He is our one true "big" but we are very long on the perimeter. We got great games from our only senior receiving significant minutes, Will Howard, and the big time freshman Bryan Rolfe. These two were huge down the stretch. Jordan West had what I believe to be a career high 9 boards. Just a great team win.

Factor in that the Purple and Gold were 4-15 from 3 and 6-16 from the stripe, and the Indians are only going to get better as they get their basketball muscles.

bullhead
Waterboy

Post by bullhead »

newera

I can remember some football post that you have posted questioning some things as well- but u always followed up with I have faith in the staff- haha :122248

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

bullhead wrote:newera

I can remember some football post that you have posted questioning some things as well- but u always followed up with I have faith in the staff- haha :122248
And I did, I just don't wanna see people jumping off the cliff here, it's a 22 game season.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Pfloyd,

Here are some napkin stats that I got from the radio announcer during the post game. They may be a little off, but here they are. I hope that you are doing well and hanging tough.

Shooting
Valley, 27-58 (47%) / 4-10 from 3pt (40%)
Minford, 24-60 / 4-18 from 3pt (22%) " missing the last 10 attempts for the game and McBee missing one at the buzzer"

Free Throws
Valley, 6-11 (55%)
Minford 10-16 (63%)

Rebounds
Valley 30
Minford 28

Turnovers
Valley 14
Minford 13

bullhead
Waterboy

Post by bullhead »

NewEra wrote:
bullhead wrote:newera

And I did, I just don't wanna see people jumping off the cliff here, it's a 22 game season.
got ya- :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”