Scioto Valley Conference in the tournament

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Scioto Valley Conference in the tournament

Post by danicalifornia »

bellyoption wrote:Congratulations to Southeastern and Unioto. Glad to see Unioto is finally back to the Convo. I was starting to lose faith in Coach Hoops.
Understandable since he took a program from 1 win to 3 straight 14+ win seasons, their 1st SVC title since he was in HS, and they do play in a high division then the rest of the league, therefore making it very difficult to get to the Convo. But, your open to your opinion and I appreciate the fact that you never hide any feelings on here. I don't want this to get into a conversation about coaches, as I feel we have some very good coaches in our league and I won't add anything else to that.

Good luck to the Pioneers in Athens today and hopefully Piketon and Westfall play an injury free instant classic at Waverly today.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Congrats to the SVC Teams that advanced. Excited about my Streaks tonight....I agree with danicalifornia, Hoops has done an excellent job at the U...I believe other than Huntington, Unioto is the only SVC team that has beaten Piketon in the past three years. Ironically I believe Hoops was on Lisath's staff the last time the Shermans made it to the Convo in 2001 I believe.

iknow
Freshman Team

Post by iknow »

"Play in a higher division than the rest of the league"...in other words they play schools their size. Good luck to all SVC schools still alive. For those who are not, see you on the diamond.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Zane Trace (17-5) plays Lynchburg Clay (12-11)

Lynchburg started the season 0-7.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

danicalifornia wrote:
bellyoption wrote:Congratulations to Southeastern and Unioto. Glad to see Unioto is finally back to the Convo. I was starting to lose faith in Coach Hoops.
Understandable since he took a program from 1 win to 3 straight 14+ win seasons, their 1st SVC title since he was in HS, and they do play in a high division then the rest of the league, therefore making it very difficult to get to the Convo. But, your open to your opinion and I appreciate the fact that you never hide any feelings on here. I don't want this to get into a conversation about coaches, as I feel we have some very good coaches in our league and I won't add anything else to that.

Good luck to the Pioneers in Athens today and hopefully Piketon and Westfall play an injury free instant classic at Waverly today.
I didn't say I lost complete faith in Hoops, I was just starting to wonder how he couldn't win a sectional with the talent that he has at Unioto. Last year was his first championship team and they got beat by Circleville in the first round of the tournament. Nothing against the guy, I just figured they would be a powerhouse basketball program when he took over because they were far from that while Lovely was there. Unioto is the biggest school in the league. I guess my expectations were just too high. Non the less, congratulations for making it back to Athens. ;-)

Return to “Boys Basketball”