Piketon vs. Valley

LIGHTSOUT
Riding the Bench

Re: Piketon vs. Valley

Post by LIGHTSOUT »

Piketon has been playing exceptional basketball lately, I predict they win by 10.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Since Piketons loss to Eastern early in the season where Eastern controlled the boards against the Streaks . Piketon has taken post play to a whole new level and it has turned there season into a run away train just smashing threw teams holding them to one shot a possession and there defensive rebounding triggering there fast break. I like the senior leadership of the Streaks and I got them by 10 . 65-55

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

No one seems to be giving the Indians much of a chance in this one, and that is fine because everyone is entitled to their opinion and the Streaks are a heck of a team. Piketon may vary well win the game by double digits but there are a few reasons why I like my Indians' chances.

First of all, the first game was a great one. Piketon's experience down the stretch was the difference. They went on a 13-2 fourth quarter run and came back to get the win. At that point both teams were shaking off football muscles and the veteran Streaks did what they had to do to win. I am not sure how many 2, 3, or even 4 year players Piketon has, but they have played a lot of ball together. I feel like the Indians were still getting used to the speed of the game as we had 4 kids making their 4th career starts. That is not the case this time around. I feel like Valley will be better prepared for what Piketon brings defensively.

I also think Valley has the advantage in the post. In the first matchup, Hayden Dunn finished with 26 points and 11 boards on 11-12 shooting. If he is able to do that again, I like our chances. I understand that you can't count on a kid to get 26 at any time, but with Hayden it is possible. I think the change at point guard also makes the Indians more dangerous. The team has really molded into their roles, and each player is giving great minutes.

The last thing I see is the strength of the SOC. Piketon, as always, played a very good non league schedule, but I think the SVC on the whole is not as deep a league as the SOC. The league only had 3 teams with winning records. I think the tests that Valley have faced lately will help them Saturday.

I could be way off, but I think the Indians take care of the ball and the glass and squeak out a win.

Valley 67
Piketon 63

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Leagues, Schedules, who played who, doesn't mean too much at this point. I think it comes down to who is hot, who has prepared the best, and who executes down the stretch. I could argue Piketon's schedule as well as Valley's, I could also argue "Big Games", and I don't give the first game any value for either team. Too early in the season, both have a lot of football players, and both are different teams now. All I can say is ...if Piketon continues to play "Lights Out" on both ends...they're hard to handle. Beating Zane Trace, Unioto, Peebles, Portsmouth, and Columbus Horizon down the stretch was impressive. Valley is no pushover and I'm sure the game will be fun to watch.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Athens...Here Comes the Streaks...again. Valley will be tough opening road game at The Chef's beloved Convo, but The Streaks will prevail and move on. The Convo is a house of horrors and one of ecstasy for The Streaks. Can't wait to see how this years story unfolds.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

chef_piketon wrote:Athens...Here Comes the Streaks...again. Valley will be tough opening road game at The Chef's beloved Convo, but The Streaks will prevail and move on. The Convo is a house of horrors and one of ecstasy for The Streaks. Can't wait to see how this years story unfolds.
As the story unfolds Piketon @ the convo will be 1 and Dunn.......THE END....!!!!!!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Dunn hits for 40 Valley wins by 20 :-D

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Some nice banter going on, lol. Trust me no one in Piketon is underestimating the Indians. Valley is solid and Piketon must play well to get the win! Lets Go Streaks~!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Here4Fun wrote:
chef_piketon wrote:Athens...Here Comes the Streaks...again. Valley will be tough opening road game at The Chef's beloved Convo, but The Streaks will prevail and move on. The Convo is a house of horrors and one of ecstasy for The Streaks. Can't wait to see how this years story unfolds.
As the story unfolds Piketon @ the convo will be 1 and Dunn.......THE END....!!!!!!!
:lol: (copy & paste)

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

D-5 wrote:Dunn hits for 40 Valley wins by 20 :-D
:lol: (copy & paste)

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

think valley has already peaked.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I dont know that Valley has "peaked" if you will....If Dunn plays well, Valley will have a chance to win the game. Thats all you can ask for. If it's the same type of game that these 2 played the 1st time, I like Valley because Rolfe has matured through the season, and that can make a big difference.

I think it'll be a GREAT game.

Valley 65
Piketon 64

West with a 3 ball to win it....

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Streaks by 8

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

little doggy wrote:think valley has already peaked.

I wouldn't say peaked, I just feel the indian's ceiling is not really high, and they have been pretty much where they max out at on year.....this year. Next year will be a different story. Streaks advance

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Win or lose Valley will be a handful for every team next year. Piketon with the upper classmen leadership should prevail in this one, but only the Convo knows. Piketon by 8, 64-56......

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Chef has observed over the years of traveling over to Athens & the Convo for Districts and especially Regionals, it's very similar to ordering the luncheon special at your local diner. You know what you want and you know what you ordered, but it very well might not be what you get. Lastly, you may or may not like what you get.

Streaks finally get a good start time after several years of playing late Sunday games. Saturday afternoon is much better. The Chef expects a big following from The Redstreak Nation dressed in their traveling red to make the trip.

Here Comes the Streaks!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

While we all know Valley only has 1 senior and should be the favorite to 3 PEAT in the SOC next year....I'm sure the lone senior and the rest of team is not ready to just pack it up.

This is a winnable game...the Indians have been doubted from the start (picked by most as a middle of the road team in the SOC) and they swept the CO- Champ Minford.

Look for Valley to be READY to play, and give Piketon all they can handle.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

chicken_coop wrote:While we all know Valley only has 1 senior and should be the favorite to 3 PEAT in the SOC next year....I'm sure the lone senior and the rest of team is not ready to just pack it up.

This is a winnable game...the Indians have been doubted from the start (picked by most as a middle of the road team in the SOC) and they swept the CO- Champ Minford.

Look for Valley to be READY to play, and give Piketon all they can handle.

They may have swept Minford, but Minford swept every team that beat the SOC Co-Champ Valley (West & Oak Hill). If I'm not mistaken, Oak Hill swept Valley this season. I will go with the fact it has to do with match ups...Minford doesn't match up well with Valley and Valley doesn't match up well with Oak Hill.

With the Falcons have great talent coming back next year, the Falcons should be in it for back to back SOC title as well.

Good Luck in tournaments!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

NewEra wrote:
little doggy wrote:think valley has already peaked.

I wouldn't say peaked, I just feel the indian's ceiling is not really high, and they have been pretty much where they max out at on year.....this year. Next year will be a different story. Streaks advance
I'm not sure I understand how you can think Valley has played at their ceiling this year, but will be a different story next year. The exciting thing about having so much youthful, inexperienced talent is that those are the type of teams that get better every time the get in the gym. That precisely why I understand believing they will be better next year, but it's also why they have gotten better as this season has progressed. This team solidifies their identity more every day. Their "ceiling" isn't limited to a 1-season thing, given that 14 out of 15 guys are underclassmen. Everyone has their own opinion, but I'd be willing to bet their isn't a coach in the SE District who's team has played the Indians that would agree with the notion that they've played at their ceiling all year.

I absolutely believe that Valley is the type of team right now that isn't a 10-15 point favorite over anyone left in the tourney, but they've also got enough talent to play with anyone. I think this will be a heckuva game that could go either way. Piketon is an extremely talented, very well coached team. I'm hoping the Indians will be able to adjust to the floor quickly and play well enough to execute the game plan consistently enough to pull off the upset.

Lets go Indians!!!

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Indians ...concentrate on making the layups and inside shots ....NOT ON GETTING FOULED .....every shot will be contested...we lose alot of bunnies and 1's ..because we're unbalanced and crossed up when we go up for the shot .

Hope for a good injury free game for both teams

Return to “Boys Basketball”