3/8- Ironton 69 Zane Trace 45 (District Championship)

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: 3/8- 9:30 pm- Ironton vs Zane Trace @ Convo (District Fi

Post by NewEra »

86Tiger wrote:
NewEra wrote:Guard the 3 players for ironton.... ball control offense. Mowery will need to slow his pace.
Guarding the 3 players for Ironton has proved very tricky for our opponents this year. When ya focus on 1 or 2 then someone else will step up and get ya. Seen it happen time and time again. Unless you got someone equal to them you are gonna have to double team these three to shut them down and there ain't enough players on the court. I would never go as far as to say that we are unbeatable, but it's gonna take a lot to do it OR we would have to have a really bad game.
Not one time has anyone beside the 3 score double figures.... example...at one time they had 58 of 69 vs NA.... the others won't beat you.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

NewEra wrote:
86Tiger wrote:
NewEra wrote:Guard the 3 players for ironton.... ball control offense. Mowery will need to slow his pace.
Guarding the 3 players for Ironton has proved very tricky for our opponents this year. When ya focus on 1 or 2 then someone else will step up and get ya. Seen it happen time and time again. Unless you got someone equal to them you are gonna have to double team these three to shut them down and there ain't enough players on the court. I would never go as far as to say that we are unbeatable, but it's gonna take a lot to do it OR we would have to have a really bad game.
Not one time has anyone beside the 3 score double figures.... example...at one time they had 58 of 69 vs NA.... the others won't beat you.
That's not a true statement, Glover has scored double figures and a couple others have scored 9

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

They still won't beat you and maybe 9 but I would like to see all the box scores.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

You stop Lebron, Wade and Bosh you can also beat the Heat :122249

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

One of the bench players scored in double figures and if you add up what you get from several of them you can find double digits in most every game. We play a consistent 8-9 every game. We'll take our big 3 and the others just doing their particular jobs and see where it gets us! I like what we do and love our chances! Go Tigers Go!! One Goal One Mission!!!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:You stop Lebron, Wade and Bosh you can also beat the Heat :122249
Dutch, u been in the sauce again.......man that is heavy......... :) :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll:

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="NewEra"][quote="86Tiger"][quote="NewEra"]Guard the 3 players for ironton.... ball control offense. Mowery will need to slow his pace.[/quote]

Guarding the 3 players for Ironton has proved very tricky for our opponents this year. When ya focus on 1 or 2 then someone else will step up and get ya. Seen it happen time and time again. Unless you got someone equal to them you are gonna have to double team these three to shut them down and there ain't enough players on the court. I would never go as far as to say that we are unbeatable, but it's gonna take a lot to do it OR we would have to have a really bad game.[/quote]

Not one time has anyone beside the 3 score double figures.... example...at one time they had 58 of 69 vs NA.... the others won't beat you.[/quote]

Cox has also scored in double digits. Like I said before even if you could stop the three big guys (which it would take all five other players to do so) someone else will be left open. You my shut one down completely but you are not gonna shut down all three at the same time. What you are saying makes no sense

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

We shall see.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

NewEra wrote:We shall see.
That my friend we will!! They will put the ball in the air and the best TEAM WILL PREVAIL!!#battletested#lookingforhardware#ONEGOALONEMISSION

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Once the teams get to playoff season anything can happen. Zane Trace has won and advanced to this level by no accident. They are a good team.
That said, odds on favorite is undoubtedly Ironton.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Space Cowboy wrote:Once the teams get to playoff season anything can happen. Zane Trace has won and advanced to this level by no accident. They are a good team.
That said, odds on favorite is undoubtedly Ironton.
Once the ball goes in the air for tip-off we all are even! If on paper were the case then there would be no need in playing. We all have witnessed the upsets happen year in year out in march madness. I personally feel like the favorites would have to be our team but anything can happen. I obviously would love to see Ironton bring the hardware home but we can take nothing for granted and have to play every game as the state championship because from the time your team begins the tournament journey that's what they essentially are. Good Luck to all!

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

on a mission wrote:
NewEra wrote:We shall see.
That my friend we will!! They will put the ball in the air and the best TEAM WILL PREVAIL!!#battletested#lookingforhardware#ONEGOALONEMISSION
Oh they will beat Zane Trace I'm not saying that.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="on a mission"][quote="Space Cowboy"]Once the teams get to playoff season anything can happen. Zane Trace has won and advanced to this level by no accident. They are a good team.
That said, odds on favorite is undoubtedly Ironton.[/quote]
Once the ball goes in the air for tip-off we all are even! If on paper were the case then there would be no need in playing. We all have witnessed the upsets happen year in year out in march madness. I personally feel like the favorites would have to be our team but anything can happen. I obviously would love to see Ironton bring the hardware home but we can take nothing for granted and have to play every game as the state championship because from the time your team begins the tournament journey that's what they essentially are. Good Luck to all![/quote]

Agree totally! Just saying to New Era that there is no way to shut down our top 3 all at the same time.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

86 Tiger - Maybe not in this region, but the other regions arent this weak..... You will face better players than what you have seen this year when you get to reg final, and state semis, and final. I hope the players arent as over confident as the fans are. I totally believe that they are indeed the best team in this region by a fair margin. But, you can only play one game at a time, so think about only one at a time. Zane Trace is the goal, not the one after that. I bet if we ask how many the folks on here thought that they were involved with a team at one time or another that was unbeatable, and then got smacked down by somebody you didnt expect. This is a great team, dont place unneeded expectations on them. One at a time....

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I never said they were unbeatable!!! If you read my earlier post I said that I would never say that they are unbeatable. I have been watching these boys since biddy league I know better than to make a statement like that. New era said that the big 3 could all be shut down at the same time. I just don't think it is possible to take them all out of the pic at the same time.
Last edited by 86Tiger on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Every team making a tournament run will have an off night. The key is to survive and advance. Last year, Portsmouth took Valley lightly and had to rally late to win by 4. In 2005, Ironton's Final Four Ironton team blew a comfortable lead against Bloom Carroll, then held on in overtime to win by 2. Plus Eastern Brown's Brett Beucler hit about 10 threes against the Tigers the weekend before in a thrilling district final that Ironton was fortunate to win by 6. So things are about to get a lot more difficult for the Tigers this Friday night. That's why they call it March Madness!

And if that ain't enough to convince the Tigers to keep their heads on straight, then watch this video replay from the weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTDATDCcziM

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Post by MRI13 »

you still have to play the game...all the talk is cheap....fouls, injuries, bad calls...you never know what will happen.

Ironton is the better team...but they also have all the pressure...ZT has nothing to lose

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I think Beam matches up well inside but cant see anyone on the floor slowing Carter down. Ironton by 14

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

I did'nt know to much about Ironton or North Adams until after saturday but from what i seen ironton is loaded and on a mission.Best of luck to both teams

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I think Ironton played a schedule help make them ready for a deep run in this tournament that and these young men playing together for so long.
I know a lot of people will say a schedule isn't a big difference maker but to go to Florida and play much larger teams and to play several different teams around the state and nation can only help.
They play against teams with bigger players and learned their own strengths from that.
I do agree one bad night can spell doom for any team but I will also admit I like Ironton's chances to get to the final 4 and maybe win it all.
Ironton had games this season where they sat both Carter and Fletcher at times this season and the team stepped up and never missed a beat that says a lot for this Ironton team.
Good Luck Ironton and keep focused and confident and you will be ok.

Return to “Boys Basketball”