Miller @ Southern 12/19

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Re: Miller @ Southern 12/19

Post by Willy Cheatem »

I hate to say I told you, but I told you. Thanks Tom for the nice Christmas bonus. :mrgreen:

Miller Time
Waterboy

Post by Miller Time »

Its really sad when a bunch of adults conspire to interfere with a game played by students. And then to get on here and gloat about how you did it takes a lot of nerve.

That being said, I am calling on those of us in the Miller comunity to get together at Dicks Funeral Home to plan out some retribution for when the tornadoes come north. Lets show them what home cooking really looks like.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Miller Time wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:24 am Its really sad when a bunch of adults conspire to interfere with a game played by students. And then to get on here and gloat about how you did it takes a lot of nerve.

That being said, I am calling on those of us in the Miller comunity to get together at Dicks Funeral Home to plan out some retribution for when the tornadoes come north. Lets show them what home cooking really looks like.
Southern will be expecting to get hosed at Miller just like they do at Wahama and Waterford every year. Isn't the home cooking of the hocking just grand.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

TVC wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:46 am
Miller Time wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:24 am Its really sad when a bunch of adults conspire to interfere with a game played by students. And then to get on here and gloat about how you did it takes a lot of nerve.

Southern will be expecting to get hosed at Miller just like they do at Wahama and Waterford every year. Isn't the home cooking of the hocking just grand.
It's easy to figure out which schools are totally against a league assigner. They are the ones most complained about like Southern and Waterford. There are a few others in the Hocking that have and will continue to throw a fit any time it comes up for discussion. They have a litany of excuses as to why they don't want one, but the only real issue is they want to hire certain officials to do their games. I'm glad the Ohio finally approved one, but I doubt the Hocking ever will as long as those schools are part of it. Now, let the excuses begin. LOL
Last edited by Binary on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Miller cant complain. They got outplayed andoutcoached. just like in 82 when we was almost champions.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

I have to admit in the old days the officials certainly favored the Does in just about every game in Racine. But more recently it only seems to be in certain games. We hire officials that call the game a certain way for certain teams. If you have a physical team you are not going to be able to play that way unless Racine has a more physical team. So that's a no go on a league assigner. Get use to it, it ain't changing any time soon. Go Does

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

The losing team will always fall back on the bad ref excuse....no matter where they play...heck I've said it at our own home games...last week at Waterford...the foul ratio was over 3:1.... Waterford had significantly more fouls called on them than Belpre and even last night with Fed Hock.... difference is that we didn't lose so nobody grips about it... it's an excuse as old as the hills and makes the losing team feel better...a way of not admitting that the better team won....so I take it all as sort of a compliment....and so should everyone else

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

At southern we prepare kids to win in every area of life. Academics, Athletics, tomato farming, etc.

its not that we are arrogant, we are just better than you.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Miller ran out of gas. If they had the kid that was on vacation it might have changed things. Both teams had several players with 4 fouls on them. The refs called a bunch of fouls both ways. Both clubs had critical turnovers. It was an ugly for both teams at times. Miller's big didn't do much offensively. They should have had more touches imo. As far as home cooked, you people need to get a life. It's hard to play on the road not because of the refs but just having the home crowd is a plus. Excuses are for losers. The game is won on the court. If you have a complaint about the refs then call the district board and file one. Any home team is going to be hard to beat at any of the top 5 contenders in this division.
Last edited by Hornetz_Fan32 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:33 am At southern we prepare kids to win in every area of life. Academics, Athletics, tomato farming, etc.

Miller is a better team. They just didn’t show it last nignt. They will beat southern by 20+ at home. 10 by refs and 10 by athleticism. Maybe more. That said, Friday needs to hurry up.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:33 am At southern we prepare kids to win in every area of life. Academics, Athletics, tomato farming, etc.

Apparently better at hiring homer refs, and better at being butt suckers too. :lol:

Mr 1000
Waterboy

Post by Mr 1000 »

Snowman2011 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:57 am

Miller is a better team. They just didn’t show it last nignt. They will beat southern by 20+ at home. 10 by refs and 10 by athleticism. Maybe more. That said, Friday needs to hurry up.
Dude you are an idiot! Miller did show up and Southern smacked them right in the face and woke them up from that silly little dream they were in! It is what it is, same ole Miller Falcons. The coaching staff chokes any time they play a formidable opponent. I would think you would be accustomed to it by now.

Mr 1000
Waterboy

Post by Mr 1000 »

Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:35 am Miller ran out of gas. If they had the kid that was on vacation it might have changed things. Both teams had several players with 4 fouls on them. The refs called a bunch of fouls both ways. Both clubs had critical turnovrers. It was an ugly for both teams at times. Miller's big didn't do much offensively. They should have had more touches imo. As far as home cooked, you people need to get a life. It's hard to play on the road not because of the refs but just having the home crowd is a plus. Excuses are for losers. The game is won on the court. If you have a complaint about the refs then call the district board and file one. Any home team is going to be hard to be at any of the top 5 contenders in this division.

Exactly!

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Anyone have the foul totals to compare? I know southern was quick to have 10 fouls in both halves. I'd guess Southern had more fouls against them then Miller did. Southern came out of halftime a completely different team.

For grown adults choose to complain and blame a game on officiating is sad. From my point of view (not associated with either team), I saw two teams that played their hearts out.

Miller was much better from the start of the game, Southern seemed to wake up mid way through the second quarter. After half Southern played completely changed their tempo. Southern seemed to keep getting stronger, Miller seemed to run out of gas.

Return to “Boys Basketball”