Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Re: Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

EagleNut14 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:45 am I don't see all the hype people have on Piketon? I seen them play against Unioto and was not at all impressed. Now I know they was playing against a tough Unioto team that plays good defense and is physical but Unioto could have easily won that game by 25. I know the score board showed they only loss by 10 but Unioto took the foot off of the gas and Piketon clawed there way back to make it a respectable game.
Piketon laid a big goose egg in he first quarter of the Unioto game. And the Streaks outplayed Unioto the rest of the game.

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Rest of the game? Come on now. They did out play them in the 4th.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

EagleNut14 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:49 pm Rest of the game? Come on now. They did out play them in the 4th.
Piketon went down 16-5 in about the first 3 minutes of the ball game and lost by 10. Math is math. Played with them the next 3 and a half qtrs

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:20 pm
EagleNut14 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:49 pm Rest of the game? Come on now. They did out play them in the 4th.
Piketon went down 16-5 in about the first 3 minutes of the ball game and lost by 10. Math is math. Played with them the next 3 and a half qtrs
What was Unioto's biggest lead in the second half?

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Now did they out play them or play with them? You said a few post back they outplayed Unioto after the 1st quarter now its they played with them after the 1st. Sitting in the stands watching the game Piketon did not play with Unioto. They are a decent team but they are not on Uniotos level and I do not see how p Floyd has them ranked as high as he does on his rankings. Perdue is a very talented player and fun to watch but they are pretty much a one man show. I see potential in Blanton and Little and Reader is a big strong physical player that plays hard but Perdue is going to need help scoring.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:43 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:20 pm
What was Unioto's biggest lead in the second half?
Don't hold me to it Murray but at one point it was 56-38 in the 3rd

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

EagleNut14 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:49 pm Now did they out play them or play with them? You said a few post back they outplayed Unioto after the 1st quarter now its they played with them after the 1st. Sitting in the stands watching the game Piketon did not play with Unioto. They are a decent team but they are not on Uniotos level and I do not see how p Floyd has them ranked as high as he does on his rankings. Perdue is a very talented player and fun to watch but they are pretty much a one man show. I see potential in Blanton and Little and Reader is a big strong physical player that plays hard but Perdue is going to need help scoring.

I agree that we are not on Unioto's level right now. We would have to play extremely well to beat them. Taking nothing away from Unioto. They're a great team. If you gauged every teams success off of how they played Unioto you would be questioning a lot of teams abilities. But we're not playing Unioto this Friday, we're playing Eastern

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:01 pm
EagleNut14 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:49 pm Now did they out play them or play with them? You said a few post back they outplayed Unioto after the 1st quarter now its they played with them after the 1st. Sitting in the stands watching the game Piketon did not play with Unioto. They are a decent team but they are not on Uniotos level and I do not see how p Floyd has them ranked as high as he does on his rankings. Perdue is a very talented player and fun to watch but they are pretty much a one man show. I see potential in Blanton and Little and Reader is a big strong physical player that plays hard but Perdue is going to need help scoring.

I agree that we are not on Unioto's level right now. We would have to play extremely well to beat them. Taking nothing away from Unioto. They're a great team. If you gauged every teams success off of how they played Unioto you would be questioning a lot of teams abilities. But we're not playing Unioto this Friday, we're playing Eastern
Agreed

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Did I not mention when I gave my opinion on Piketon that they were matched up against a tough Unioto team that plays good defense and was physical?

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

But in all honesty I think the best way to gauge how good a team really is, is how well they play against a team like Unioto.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

EagleNut14 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:30 pm But in all honesty I think the best way to gauge how good a team really is, is how well they play against a team like Unioto.
Piketon is right where they should be at right now in the season and they’ll be ready on Friday

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

I'm sure they will be. Pike County Holday classic never disappoints.

countyscout
Waterboy

Post by countyscout »

Ukfanatic wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:09 pm Waverly is 15 points better than Piketon or Easfern. Piketon can't handle Waverly pressure. Eastern has no bench and will run out of gas. Piketon Eastern on the first night should be a war!
Western by 15

countyscout
Waterboy

Post by countyscout »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:01 pm

Let's be honest here, Piketon is NO comparison to Unioto.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

With their "Elite 8" ranking in Southern Ohio, Piketon comes in as the favorite to win the classic this year. With Perdue averaging 30 a game and Blanton and Little capable of scoring 20 the Streaks are going to be a handful both nights. Not sure anyone can keep up with Piketon's running game this year.

Eastern has been ranked as high as #11 and could make things interesting against Piketon if they can find a way to handle Piketon's relentless pressure on the ball. Good guard play will be crucial for the Eagles if they're going to have a shot at the upset.

Waverly is ranked where they've been most of the season...in the high teens. If the Tigers can find a way to get by Western (nothing guaranteed in this tournament) they'll have to dig deep to have a shot against either Piketon or Eastern. Healthy or not the Tigers will show up and play hard both night.

Don't know much about Western but I'm sure they'll be sky high for the game "against Waverly" and as we all know, anything can happen in the Classic.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Hate to say it but I don't think western has much of a chance.

Not a lot separating Piketon, Waverly or Eastern. Wouldn't be surprised if either of these 3 came out on top.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Will be shocked if Waverly doesn't win the Classic!

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

Post by KING OF Shyville »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:31 am Will be shocked if Waverly doesn't win the Classic!
1. Lay the Person Down, if Possible
Elevate the person's feet about 12 inches unless head, neck, or back is injured or you suspect broken hip or leg bones.
Do not raise the person's head.
Turn the person on side if he or she is vomiting or bleeding from the mouth.
2. Begin CPR, if Necessary
If the person is not breathing or breathing seems dangerously weak:

3. For a child, start CPR for children.
For an adult, start adult CPR.
Continue CPR until help arrives or the person wakes up.
related content
Treat Obvious Injuries
4. Keep Person Warm and Comfortable
Loosen restrictive clothing.
Cover with coat or blanket.
Keep the person still. Do not move the person unless there is danger.
Reassure the person.
Do not give anything to eat or drink.
5. Follow Up
At the hospital, the person will be given oxygen and intravenous fluids.
Blood test, urine tests, heart test and xrays and/or CT scans may be done.
Other treatment will depend on the cause of shock

Just want you to know the steps for treating shock. Doesn't matter who wins between Eastern and Piketon, Waverly doesn't win the classic!!

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Thanks for the info! Good to know! Not gonna be needed but good to know!

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

IMO Piketon might have a slight advantage in this tournament, almost 2 full weeks to prepare for Eastern and they’re used to playing Back-back nights

Return to “Boys Basketball”