BEST YOUNG COACHES?

outofbounds
Waterboy

Re: BEST YOUNG COACHES?

Post by outofbounds »

BBfan40, I wouldn't say he is shy. He is just trying to be an example for his kids. Its better to keep your head in the game and stay focused. I've seen
him question calls but, as he has told me, most of the time that does nothing more than alienate the official against your team in the long run. Its better to get their explanation, whether you agree or not, and just move on. As I've said, I'm kind of biased about him but, I am very proud of how he conducts himself on the sideline and tries to teach his kids the game.

Basketballman86
Waterboy

Post by Basketballman86 »

The entire coaching staff at Ports. West are pretty good and pretty young from top to bottom. Bill Hafer has done an excellent job with the varsity squad, making them a contender for years to come. The JV coach Cameron Hoover is his name i think has done a fine job with the JV squad. I’ve even heard very good things about their young freshman coach Austin Opperman, he’s only 20 years old I heard. Fromwhat I’ve seen and heard he has a lot of basketball knowledge. He could be an up and coming coach.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

In his 9th year of coaching Coach Arey I believe has coached his best year to date. He was picked early season to finish 4th in SHAC Dll. Tonight the Indians wrapped up the SHAC Dll title with a 54- 49 win over a hot Eastern Brown warriors team.Great job coach Arey and the Peebles Indians. This win puts his record I think at 158-44.
Last edited by Hoopie74 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Cody Carpenter at Amanda Clearcreek does a really nice job. In his 3rd year and unless something strange happens, they should end up with a winning record, which is a major leap from 1-22 2 years ago. They have a nice group coming back next season as well.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

dcgjones wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:52 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:34 pm Coach Max Morrow of Jackson ! what was I NOT thinking ?! ... saw your post I92 and smacked my head ! Jackson has one of the best around in Coach Morrow ... he learned the game playing for Coach Dustin Ford , Mac coaches the game the way he PLAYED the game ! tenacious defense, hard nosed - he expects the same from his players ... he's a keeper for the Ironmen !

been alot of rumbling about him last couple of weeks tho.
Lol that would be exactly what Jackson would do with a good young coach.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Year 1 = 4 wins
Year 2 = 9 wins
Year 3 = 13 and counting

Tons and tons of talent coming up ...

Coach Morrow will be at Jackson for 25
Years

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

I know he’s only helping at Waverly right now but Kyle Miller is a good young coach. He did some really good things with the Wester Pike team.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Lightle72 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:28 pm I know he’s only helping at Waverly right now but Kyle Miller is a good young coach. He did some really good things with the Wester Pike team.
Surprised someone didn't hire him this year. Why did he not take a head coach job.Tyler Jimison assistant coached at Latham last year too and he didn't coach this year either. Hard to believe.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:02 pm
Lightle72 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:28 pm I know he’s only helping at Waverly right now but Kyle Miller is a good young coach. He did some really good things with the Wester Pike team.
Surprised someone didn't hire him this year. Why did he not take a head coach job.Tyler Jimison assistant coached at Latham last year too and he didn't coach this year either. Hard to believe.
Western had a very solid young staff, and I think Jimison wanted to spend more time with family and his young one.

Return to “Boys Basketball”