12/29: Logan Elm @ Zane Trace

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: 12/29: Logan Elm @ Zane Trace

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:34 pm
petesweaty wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:43 pm Johnson will be out for awhile. Foot.
... dang ! lots of injuries this season across the board - key players now for ZT- Johnson , South Webster - Blevins , Green - Kimbler , Athens - Hynes, Williams ,Warren - Clay Miller/Noah Nichols , FU has had a couple of players out with injuries to name a few schools dealing with patched up lineups ...
It’s been ridiculous. Hopefully all of the players come back at full strength sooner rather than later.

As for this game, I think ZT’s length will cause some major issues for LE, even without Johnson, who is an under appreciated player.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

Piketon also had 2 players out with injuries. Hopefully they will make it back. It is something every team has to deal with at times.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

HamPorter wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:45 pm
mikepike wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:10 pm ZT is very athletic. The two times I’ve seen them, though, they don’t use it as they probably should. Piketon was in the game at the end tonight but really shouldn’t have been. #5 Nesser is probably their best all around player, but #10 Evans gets all of the publicity. And be ready for their fans. 🙄
Cam Evans is much better, like it isn’t close. Nesser is big and is getting better, but disappears a lot.

They will let teams hang around. If a starter is out, that could be huge because they have zero depth past the first 5.
Nesser ‘disappeared’ when Piketon went to a zone because the guards stopped looking for him. He had torn Piketon up before that. Evans is good, but for me, I’d still take Nesser.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mikepike wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:51 am
mikepike wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:10 pm ZT is very athletic. The two times I’ve seen them, though, they don’t use it as they probably should. Piketon was in the game at the end tonight but really shouldn’t have been. #5 Nesser is probably their best all around player, but #10 Evans gets all of the publicity. And be ready for their fans. 🙄
Cam Evans is much better, like it isn’t close. Nesser is big and is getting better, but disappears a lot.

They will let teams hang around. If a starter is out, that could be huge because they have zero depth past the first 5.
Nesser ‘disappeared’ when Piketon went to a zone because the guards stopped looking for him. He had torn Piketon up before that. Evans is good, but for me, I’d still take Nesser.
Lol

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

mlittle wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Lol
Thamks, mlittle, for your insightful comments. 🙄

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

HamPorter wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:50 pm
BUCKEYES wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:25 pm What does Zane Trace have? I haven't seen them this year.
5’10 Cam Evans is a beast all around, better shooter than last year and very strong. Improving as a defender as well.
5’10 Colby Swain, great defender, improving offensive player.
6’3 Luke Johnson, shooter, decent defender
6’5 Nick Nesser, solid big who is getting better with being more aggressive
6’5 Triton Davidson, shot blocker and great athlete

Nothing really after that. They are good, but not sure what they’ll do in the tournament in D2. Really good defensive team and the win over Chillicothe keeps looking better and better.
... tough match up for the youngsters from Logan Elm - lots of athletic ability/size on the ZT side to go with the strength WITH the ball of Cam Evans ... LE doesn't have anyone that matches up with Nesser/Davidson ... I'm not posting anything that Coaches Stiverson/Holbert don't know already LOL it's a given soooooooooo it will be interesting to see how LE tries defend the ZT size/strength on the defensive end ... ZT has been built on defense - Coach K's "MO" - LE will need to have great offensive game as well - not many offensive boards to be had in this for the Braves - at least on paper ...BUT games AREN'T played on paper ... ZT will be without a starter at both ends of the floor - which disrupts what the ZT offense & defense has done before the injury to Johnson ... so ZT has to adjust to THAT missing piece ... looking forward to reading bman's rundown of this one ... could be a lopsided score OR you have some "youngin's" who CAN go out and light it up on any given night with 10+ triples for LE ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mikepike wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:49 am
mlittle wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Lol
Thamks, mlittle, for your insightful comments. 🙄
Anytime!

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

Since Travis ask for my "thoughts on this game", here they are!
LE will make it an interesting game at different points throughout the game with their shooting ability and pesky D. however ZT just too much size for the Braves and will pull away eventually. late in the game Travis will post how bad Stiverson is because his genetic and nutritional coaching abilities are not where they need to be and should step down. His coaching ability is limited because he is behind the times and cant make 5'10" 150lb Sophomores into 6'2" 180lb Jr's and Sr's. Then Travis calls the LE admin and calls for the replacement of one of the best coaches in SEO.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Is Zane Trace hosting Vinton County Tomorrow night or Thursday 12/27?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:51 pm Is Zane Trace hosting Vinton County Tomorrow night or Thursday 12/27?
... I believe it is tomorrow night , Thursday 12/27 that VC travels to ZT ... ZT playing a game before the LE game is an advantage for the Pioneers imo especially during this "disruption in routines" holiday season ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:27 pm
HamPorter wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:50 pm
BUCKEYES wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:25 pm What does Zane Trace have? I haven't seen them this year.
5’10 Cam Evans is a beast all around, better shooter than last year and very strong. Improving as a defender as well.
5’10 Colby Swain, great defender, improving offensive player.
6’3 Luke Johnson, shooter, decent defender
6’5 Nick Nesser, solid big who is getting better with being more aggressive
6’5 Triton Davidson, shot blocker and great athlete

Nothing really after that. They are good, but not sure what they’ll do in the tournament in D2. Really good defensive team and the win over Chillicothe keeps looking better and better.
... tough match up for the youngsters from Logan Elm - lots of athletic ability/size on the ZT side to go with the strength WITH the ball of Cam Evans ... LE doesn't have anyone that matches up with Nesser/Davidson ... I'm not posting anything that Coaches Stiverson/Holbert don't know already LOL it's a given soooooooooo it will be interesting to see how LE tries defend the ZT size/strength on the defensive end ... ZT has been built on defense - Coach K's "MO" - LE will need to have great offensive game as well - not many offensive boards to be had in this for the Braves - at least on paper ...BUT games AREN'T played on paper ... ZT will be without a starter at both ends of the floor - which disrupts what the ZT offense & defense has done before the injury to Johnson ... so ZT has to adjust to THAT missing piece ... looking forward to reading bman's rundown of this one ... could be a lopsided score OR you have some "youngin's" who CAN go out and light it up on any given night with 10+ triples for LE ...
I won't be there. Not sure where I'm going yet.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

football life wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:42 pm Since Travis ask for my "thoughts on this game", here they are!
LE will make it an interesting game at different points throughout the game with their shooting ability and pesky D. however ZT just too much size for the Braves and will pull away eventually. late in the game Travis will post how bad Stiverson is because his genetic and nutritional coaching abilities are not where they need to be and should step down. His coaching ability is limited because he is behind the times and cant make 5'10" 150lb Sophomores into 6'2" 180lb Jr's and Sr's. Then Travis calls the LE admin and calls for the replacement of one of the best coaches in SEO.
Sounds about right.

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

Won’t be going will be watching Notre Dame-Clemson and then Oklahoma-Alabama

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

For what it’s worth though Logan Elm’s girls team is off to a 6-3 start with a young roster

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

TravisHill222 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:45 pm For what it’s worth though Logan Elm’s girls team is off to a 6-3 start with a young roster
Their best player is a three-year starter. Also girls basketball is pretty down in the district.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace 67
Logan Elm 64

Final

ZT got off to a quick start, then the game was mostly 6-10 point lead for Zane Trace most of the game. The Pioneers were up 67-58 with :26 seconds left and LE scored the last 6 points of the game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice win...seems like ZT is at home every game lol

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

They are on the road Wednesday and Friday.
at McClain, at Adena

They are 9-1 and I think seven games have been at home.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bozo wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:17 pm They are on the road Wednesday and Friday.
at McClain, at Adena

They are 9-1 and I think seven games have been at home.
At McClain is no fun but they’ll be without their coach

We have 13 games left and only 4 at home....only 8 home all season

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Bozo wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:55 pm Zane Trace 67
Logan Elm 64

Final

ZT got off to a quick start, then the game was mostly 6-10 point lead for Zane Trace most of the game. The Pioneers were up 67-58 with :26 seconds left and LE scored the last 6 points of the game.
THAT IS A GREAT GAME BY LE ! wow ... my hat goes off to Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert and those sophs on an outstanding game ... out manned at every position and to ONLY drop this one ON THE ROAD by 3 points ... outstanding coaching & execution ... how many triples to the Braves have tonight? ... I told Coach Holbert last night that the boys would need to rain some treys tonight ... heck ! - I might have to move LE into the top 8 !!! LOL as if I haven't already upset some of the posters on here this past week already LOL ... Great game by LE and the LE coaching staff ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”