SEOPS HOF

Re: 12/13 West @ Burg

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg gonna Burg

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The irony is that Burg fans are literally showing their A22 defending them.

If this happened at Webster back in the day, Bob Johnson would’ve killed all of us 😂

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West kids wouldn't be allowed to do this and if one would they would be suspended.

They need to move the student section to the side before they do it to the wrong player with a temper, and it goes bad

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Westfan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:22 am West kids wouldn't be allowed to do this and if one would they would be suspended.

They need to move the student section to the side before they do it to the wrong player with a temper, and it goes bad
Yeah, Athens had a really good athlete suspended for something like that

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

That is a big home court advantage having Burgs student section there in 2nd half.

Also, isnt the opposing bench on that end?

Just asking for trouble, IMO

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I bet after everything is said and done, surely the school would not think that an incident such as this would be acceptable. And that old adage of saying that Kids will be Kids, in this case I think that it most certainly crossed the line. As far as anyone defending this type of behavior, that would even be worse. I wonder how I would feel if I was sitting there with my young son or daughter, and saw something such as this happen. I can promise you one thing for sure, I would not be a happy camper.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Scioto county doesn’t hate wheelersburg because they’re better than everyone. We hate them because of the obnoxiousness the fan base gives off.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

You crying a** people need to get a life. Worst siders posting this video on Facebook whining about it. 😂 If this was any other school there wouldn't be a thing said about it or if you all would have won the game also. It was a pair of boxers with a rubber butt on it. People these days are so freaking soft and want to cry about everything on social media. These kids these days do nothing in these cheer blocks from any school do nothing compared to what we used to do back in the day. Any little thing people can get a chance to use to put down the Burg. 🙄😂

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:57 am You crying a** people need to get a life. Worst siders posting this video on Facebook whining about it. 😂 If this was any other school there wouldn't be a thing said about it or if you all would have won the game also. It was a pair of boxers with a rubber butt on it. People these days are so freaking soft and want to cry about everything on social media. These kids these days do nothing in these cheer blocks from any school do nothing compared to what we used to do back in the day. Any little thing people can get a chance to use to put down the Burg. 🙄😂
I seen the picture and shared it with my son. We laughed about it all night. I’m a huge fan of the Wheelersburg student section now. I’ll be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see how they top this one in the next game

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:57 am You crying a** people need to get a life. Worst siders posting this video on Facebook whining about it. 😂 If this was any other school there wouldn't be a thing said about it or if you all would have won the game also. It was a pair of boxers with a rubber butt on it. People these days are so freaking soft and want to cry about everything on social media. These kids these days do nothing in these cheer blocks from any school do nothing compared to what we used to do back in the day. Any little thing people can get a chance to use to put down the Burg. 🙄😂
That’s what I thought
Glad you mentioned it
I thought I missed something

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:22 am West kids wouldn't be allowed to do this and if one would they would be suspended.

Have you listened to the adults in your fan section? I can expect it from a 17 year old kid but not a grown a$$ man and woman. One guy from west about got thrown out like one minute in. Geez.
Last edited by wobycat on Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:29 am Scioto county doesn’t hate wheelersburg because they’re better than everyone. We hate them because of the obnoxiousness the fan base gives off.
Coming from the guy that has made a comment about burg being winless several times this year. I’ll say the same thing I said to west fan. Listen to your own fan base during games. You’ll be surprised what comes out of people’s mouths. I know. I make it a point to sit on visitor side at burg. You can learn a lot from that little corner.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Just kids having fun and it was a fake butt I found it to be hilarious but maybe it was too much for some people to handle who knows ? I can see how it would upset some people and maybe the kid shouldn't have mooned everyone with a fake plastic butt

Burg grad 85
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Literally every sanction of fans have adults acting like fools.

I don’t really think the fake butt thing is bad, maybe a little too much solely because of the little kids walking around that would see that and can’t comprehend it isn’t real... nonetheless, still pretty harmless. But the “you suck” chants as their name is being called seems a little unnecessary.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Hey, if it’s any consolation there’s a future game vs Harvest Prep at the Convo waiting for the mooning!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Too many “butt” hurt snowflakes. No pun intended. It’s ok for cheerblocks to act like they are giving birth to a kid and stuff like that but it’s not ok for burg to do something like that

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

A fake butt? I love it :lol: Most kids don’t even watch sports anymore & only look at the highlights on social media. If kids are that invested in the game it’s a good thing! And the advantage they bring is real. If you don’t like it get a better student section. OHSAA gives out awards for them.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:16 am Literally every sanction of fans have adults acting like fools.

I don’t really think the fake butt thing is bad, maybe a little too much solely because of the little kids walking around that would see that and can’t comprehend it isn’t real... nonetheless, still pretty harmless. But the “you suck” chants as their name is being called seems a little unnecessary.
Yes
The "you suck", making fun of a kid hurt in the game, jumping at and almost touching the guy inbounding the ball to me was worse than the moon. It's bad when the referee has to go get a school official to do something of which he done nothing.

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Burgs Administration has NO BACKBONE from the top to the bottom. Past events have shown this several times.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

The Wheelersburg administration needs to get off their back sides and get to the bottom of this. I'm sure they will in the end. Wheelersburg has always been a leader. They can't been seen to be bringing up the rear. They don't want to be the butt of jokes and wise cracks.

Return to “Boys Basketball”