(D3) #4 Wheelersburg vs. #13 Meigs - Sectional Final

scott1297
All Conference

Re: (D3) #4 Wheelersburg vs. #13 Meigs - Sectional Final

Post by scott1297 »

Hopefully Burg plays better this time around and not be looking ahead because Meigs is a good well coached team and will be looking for revenge from last years loss. Burg cant afford to come out flat. Burg needs to come out with the energy that they showed against Waverly and Oak Hill. Defense Defense Defense will win this game. First one to 50 wins this one. GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Meigs first game against Portsmouth West Cleland was the best player on the floor for either team, as I know he had 28-29 pts and had a strong all around game. First time that I have ever seen Weston Baer struggle with his shooting the way that he did that game. He may have had 10 pts overall, but 4-5 of those were foul shots. Someone from Meigs told me that he had sat out a game recently, so that may have been a factor. Just not sure that Meigs has enough of a threat down low, on offense or defense to be able to cause the Burg very much of a problem. I'm also not sure that Cleland can score at will against Miller and the Burg with the ease that he did against PW. Baer and Cleland will probably get there points, but is there supporting cast good enough to cause the Burg problems ? On the other hand, the Burg on most nights usually has pretty balanced scoring from quite a few players. I know how the game started last year, but that was last year. I just can't see Meigs giving the Burg that much trouble this year, of course I have been completely wrong before also.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Meigs can play a little bit and get on a roll, burg can't afford a slow start.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg with the win tonight 54-32. Swords led Burg with I believe 22. Was on fire in the 3rd qtr. Truitt also in double figures for Burg.

On to the Convo to face the Chesapeake Panthers. Been awhile since these two have played at the convo. Last time they met was in the District semi-final in 2014. Burg won 57-52. Peake was the 3 seed and Burg the 7 seed.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Great win for the Burg 55 to 32 Swords with 22 and 4 three's Truit with 15 Miller had 7 and Adkins 6 McCorkle in foul trouble most of the night had 2 I believe and Sanderlin 3 and Swords got player of the game while Adkins got defensive player of the game now on to the convo

Burg grad 85
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Meigs no answer for Burg. They had to have shot a terrible percentage. Big scorer for the held to 4 points I believe. His shooting percentage had to be single digits. Here comes the Convo.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

This game scared me but burg took care of business. Good win.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Boys Basketball”