(D3) #7 Alexander vs. #10 Adena - Sectional Final

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: (D3) #7 Alexander vs. #10 Adena - Sectional Final

Post by VetteMan »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:10 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:33 pm Sounds like the refs lost control of this game
The intentional foul was a good call and Alexander’s coach lost his cool (to put it mildly)

Terry was killing Adena, then he stopped touching the ball in the middle of the 3rd and Adena took control.
Seems as if it's the same thing that's been happening for 4 years now, that Terry stops touching the ball on offense. I wasn't there so I don't really know, maybe Adena was making it tougher for him to receive the ball, but I doubt if that was it.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bobcat2015 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:20 pm Who won the game?
Adena 53-41

Was 29-27 when the IF was called

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully can watch the video. The 4th quarter sounding like a mess

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Was it that crowded to cause some Alexander fans to sit on the Adena side?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Been cool if Terry would have came to Athens instead of Alex. I'm sure they would have used him. 🤷‍♂️

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:33 pm Sounds like the refs lost control of this game
How about calling a spade a spade! Sounds like the refs took control and the goofy coach lost it which he's known to do! Then fans lost control.
Good gosh some of these tourney games are nuts.

Stay Tuned ! Lol.
Last edited by baseball16 on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

Or even a spade...

Sorry, had to.

blueskin
Riding the Bench

Post by blueskin »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:49 pm Was it that crowded to cause some Alexander fans to sit on the Adena side?
There was plenty of room on the Alex side.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Wasn’t there so I’m not sure but the level of physicality allowed in some of these tournament games it’s going to continue happening. Tempers are gonna flare

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Alex fans do that at their place so they feel they can do that anywhere! It's a free country we can sit anywhere we want, says the Alex crowd.
Complete BS

Indian2warrior
Waterboy

Post by Indian2warrior »

20200221_232057.jpg

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

mlittle wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 pm Wasn’t there so I’m not sure but the level of physicality allowed in some of these tournament games it’s going to continue happening. Tempers are gonna flare
So an intentional foul is called , coach goes ballistic and then fans follow , that becomes a physicality reason for tempers flaring? Wow.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Host school officials should have moved them before the game.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:31 pm Host school officials should have moved them before the game.
Or even better! How about the Alex administration. Seems logical.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

baseball16 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 pm Alex fans do that at their place so they feel they can do that anywhere! It's a free country we can sit anywhere we want, says the Alex crowd.
Complete BS
I was not going to post this, but after you already have I will have to say that I would have to agree. I have been in the "barn" numerous times following a couple different teams, and about every game that I have been there, there are always quite a few Alexander fans that always get there pretty early and always sit on the front row of the visiting team. It's not kids either, as it is always adults. It never really ever bothered me, as I always wanted to sit up higher anyway. I've never ever saw any problems occur because of it, so I never really thought a great deal about it. There could be numerous reasons as to why they would prefer to sit on the front row, as a lot of people have trouble climbing the steps of the bleachers or whatever. To me if it was for another reason, or to maybe to try to upset the opposing teams fans in some way, then that's a horse of a different color.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:13 am
baseball16 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 pm Alex fans do that at their place so they feel they can do that anywhere! It's a free country we can sit anywhere we want, says the Alex crowd.
Complete BS
I was not going to post this, but after you already have I will have to say that I would have to agree. I have been in the "barn" numerous times following a couple different teams, and about every game that I have been there, there are always quite a few Alexander fans that always get there pretty early and always sit on the front row of the visiting team. It's not kids either, as it is always adults. It never really ever bothered me, as I always wanted to sit up higher anyway. I've never ever saw any problems occur because of it, so I never really thought a great deal about it. There could be numerous reasons as to why they would prefer to sit on the front row, as a lot of people have trouble climbing the steps of the bleachers or whatever. To me if it was for another reason, or to maybe to try to upset the opposing teams fans in some way, then that's a horse of a different color.
Waverly does this as well...not really a big deal so far...just find it odd when there is plenty of room on their side.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:27 am
VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:13 am
Complete BS
Waverly does this as well...not really a big deal so far...just find it odd when there is plenty of room on their side.
So does burg. Usually the first section on the away side closest to the door.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

I heard it was the Adena fans that engaged the Alexander fans. Is this not true?

blueskin
Riding the Bench

Post by blueskin »

A few Adena students and adult fans sat behind the Alex student section, largely due to Adena side being full. They were cheering for Adena. When things started getting ugly on the floor (Alex coach goes bat bleep crazy), it carried over into the Alex stands. Not sure what was said by whom.

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:49 pm Was it that crowded to cause some Alexander fans to sit on the Adena side?
Nope. Alexander side was half full

Return to “Boys Basketball”