East District- Sectional Finals #1 Bishop Rosecrans v. #2 Hiland

art_vandelay
SE

Re: East District- Sectional Finals #1 Bishop Rosecrans v. #2 Hiland

Post by art_vandelay »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:18 pm Hawks laid the big time D on the Bishop's second half 11 points
Watch it bud...this a family site*

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

What are you talking about, duh D as in defense,and get mind out of the gutter

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:27 pm
IVCHAWKS wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:18 pm Hawks laid the big time D on the Bishop's second half 11 points
Watch it bud...this a family site*
Good one Art!!! I thought it was funny.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:53 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:04 pm
Cowboy22 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:47 pm I heard this game is a sell-out can anybody confirm
Probably. I’m sure both schools look at this as the regional final game
With Rosecrans, this game means everything. This senior class is considered their last chance to make a big tournament run. And they (rightfully) believe they need to make a statement, by jumping on Hiland and beating them in front of a packed Rogge Gymnasium. Lots of people are excited in their community, and understandably so. The transition to 8-man has rendered their football irrelevant and they lost their softball program last year. This is full tilt and a win (and a deep tournament) is going to keep the energy for their community and keep their spirits strong. A loss and it’s going to be a huge, huge, huge, punch in the gut and be hard to recover from.
I take no pleasure in this being true. Feeling bad for the Bishops faithful.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Hiland is Hiland. I have read that Hiland is not a good as last couple years but they continue to win, win and win. The District will be no cake walk but Hiland has to the favorite. Congrats to the Hawks and Congrats to Bishops for a great year also. Hiland may not be beating teams by 30 points but wins are wins. As I said early Hiland is Hiland. Anybody that knows about Ohio High School Basketball knows that Hiland is one of the Elite programs in the State.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Props to Hiland for making a big statement. Doing that just commands respect. Cake walk to regionals now

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:06 pm Props to Hiland for making a big statement. Doing that just commands respect. Cake walk to regionals now
As Coach Corso would say, “not so fast my friend.” Malvern is currently 20-3, a loss at Hiland that they held a double digit lead in while playing without their best player, and a pair of blown double figure leads to 22-2 Ridgewood. I have a close friend who has a son who plays at Strasburg and he says Malvern is easily more talented than Hiland. The district final will not be a cake walk. It’s likely that much like the past two years, the district and even sectional is tougher for the east champion than the regional is.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

What was the name of there best player, because I was at that game and if your talking about the Hutchison boy he played in that game,they were not up by double figure leads, they lead 32-24 at the half,we went on a big run to start the 3rd qtr.and they never recovered,and yes Malvern does have alot of talent, probably more then Hiland,if they are both lucky enough to meet in district finials , it will come down to who's defense,,can impose there will on the other team

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Wish someone would do a facebook live and make that Hiland game viewable because it'll surely be a sellout.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

If Hiland and Malvern can get by there district semis opponents,the game more than likely will played at New Philadelphia H.S., I'm thinking there gym holds around 2500 but don't hold me to it,I was there Saturday when our girls played there

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

carbon_dated wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:55 pm Wish someone would do a facebook live and make that Hiland game viewable because it'll surely be a sellout.
That would be nice but it is not legal under OHSAA guidelines

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I wouldn't sleep on Malvern to win this district. I said weeks ago I actually expect Malvern to win this district and possibly the region. Plenty of talent and an old school coach that will have his kids in the right position. I know that Berlin can guard them effectively, I'm just not sure Berlin's offense is consistent enough to score the amount of points needed to win.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Super trooper wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:45 am
carbon_dated wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:55 pm Wish someone would do a facebook live and make that Hiland game viewable because it'll surely be a sellout.
How could they possibly get caught doing it?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

carbon_dated wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:20 pm
Really? Much easier than you seem to think. Up to 6 this week, without even trying.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pol pot wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:29 pm

Really? Much easier than you seem to think. Up to 6 this week, without even trying.
Has it ever been allowed? About 3 years back I watched 2 VC Convo games on FB live.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:34 pm
Pol pot wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:29 pm

Has it ever been allowed? About 3 years back I watched 2 VC Convo games on FB live.
Allowed no, and not saying it’s still not happening, however tournament games are copyright material. Could be subject to fines and legal action.

But, no it’s pretty easy to pick out the people in a crowd doing it. Plus it leaves a digital trail that is pretty hard to deny and would be enforceable in court.

Return to “Boys Basketball”