New score boards at the convo

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: New score boards at the convo

Post by biggdowgg »

Well glad it wasn't only my group and I that didn't like this!

Very disappointed we could not keep up with who players was seeing how we are watching many teams we are not familiar with , and see score totals for each kid

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ttt

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Extremely disappointed that OU chose the 'cheap route' in terms of what to display on the scoreboard. I'm 100% with pfloyd on this, OU needs to do the correct thing and put the other information back on the scoreboards.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:33 am Extremely disappointed that OU chose the 'cheap route' in terms of what to display on the scoreboard. I'm 100% with pfloyd on this, OU needs to do the correct thing and put the other information back on the scoreboards.

OU chose the "NO Route" on the scoreboard !!! LucasDavenport's game updates are worth more than running the live feed on the jumbotron ! HE has real, game information, the kids names, the schools , the napkin stats !!! OU has the opportunity to make sure that EVERY player, school, parent, fan leaves with a once in a live time memory of THEIR moment in the sun at the Convo ... AND the OU athletic committee/board is blowing it !!! ... there's STILL time to fix the OU athletic committee's blunder !!! DO IT RIGHT OU !!! let Basketball :30 at the Convo BE Basketball :30 AT THE CONVO ! - an experience like no other !!! ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Can we have a phone number to express our disappoint to whom ever is in charge?

This is so wrong not to do this after all these years

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

🖕🏻 At the powers that be

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

I'll let you know if I get a response.

Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I don't like the scoreboards and the decision not to fully utilize them......another administrative dictate that is not in the best interest of the fans and their teams.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I mean I was there all day yesterday from 130 to 930 and just seemed like it was more boring than I can remember it. Nothing on the Jumbotron but the game being played right in front of you? There’s not a place in the convo you can’t see the court so I don’t get it. Just the blank screen in between timeouts

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:28 am I'll let you know if I get a response.

Thanks T-SYS ! ... OU, the Sports Media Department at OU ! fix it ! make it right ! the players, the schools, the parents DESERVE the uniqueness that IS SEOhio hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... Basketball :30 IS special ! Lou Horvath on the PA as "the Voice" of high school hoops in SEO IS special ! I've been to the state tourney - the District/Regionals AT THE CONVO put the state tourney to shame BECAUSE of EVERYTHING surrounding the atmosphere of the CONVO ! the 3 Weeks of the Convo IS LIKE NO OTHER - let's keep it that way Sports Media Department at OU ! YOU have dropped the ball - there's no time like RIGHT NOW TO FIX IT - MAKE IT RIGHT ... - pfloyd

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

pfloyd wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:46 pm ...OU, the Sports Media Department at OU ! fix it ! make it right !
Any idea who one would possibly contact from this list?

https://www.ohiobobcats.com/information/directory/home

Post by pfloyd »

For ALL of you high school basketball fans who want to voice your displeasure with OU, the Sports Media Department at OU for not supplying the personnel to run the graphics on the scoreboard ... here's the twitter account to send/voice your displeasure :

@ohiobobcats.com

... I would like to see the boards working with the high school displays, Lou's displays, the napkin stat displays for tonight's games - we have Federal Hocking & an Ironton St Joseph TEAMS who very rarely make it to the Convo - those players, parents, schools NEED to see how SPECIAL the CONVO is ! an atmosphere like no other - Basketball :30 ! HEAR your names announced by Sweet Lou on the PA, SEE your name, your teammates names, YOUR schools names on the Jumbotron ! SEE the OU ads, Lou's promos !!! SEE the games Napkin Stats !!! - from being at the Convo for Basketball :30 because of the ads, the displays between games that PROMOTE OU - there are kids who leave Basketball :30 KNOWING they want to go to school at OU ! the Convo 51 years of promoting the University in SEOhio ! 13,080 seats that KEEP bringing fans from all over SEO to the OU campus EVERY March for something special - the experience of BASKETBALL :30 ! OU/the Sports Media Department NEED to make it right ! don't cheapen what IS the best show for high school hoops ANYWHERE ! NOT JUST SE OHIO !!!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by pfloyd »

... not letting this one go away ... the players, schools, fans deserve everything that goes with Basketball :30 at the Convo !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... show your support HERE on SEOPs for getting the full displays back on the scoreboards, Lou's displays, the names of teams. schools, players stats, game napkin stats, etc. all back on the big boards and even the new smaller designed boards on each corner ... support getting the displays freed up by the OU Sports Media department - to have someone run these during the games ... it's always been done in the past - makes Basketball :30 special to the Convo ! or if you have a twitter account - let the powers that be at OU know your displeasure of them cheapening the Convo experience for the fans, the teams , the players ...Tri- StateYouthSports has listed a number of twitter accounts to post to - let's get it done asap - as 12 teams/potentially 144 players, thousands of school community fans have ALREADY been given the cheapened version of Basketball :30 ... OU/the Sports Media Department need to rectify this issue before these next games are played- tonight ...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hopefully it’s fixed by D3 Regionals

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:19 pm Hopefully it’s fixed by D3 Regionals
I hope it's fixed tonight !!! - just sayin' ...

TheMarchingCavalier
Waterboy

Post by TheMarchingCavalier »

Alright guys, I know that I'm new here, but I am an OU student and I have worked in the Convo for television production. The students run the scoreboard and jumbotron for all OU events, we do not control OHSAA events, such as the tourney. This problem is *mostly* outside of OU's control and all attention/complaints should be directed at the OHSAA or whoever else is in charge. I can vouch for the good work that myself and the rest of my classmates do for the 'Cats and I am disappointed that your experience for H.S. basketball is lackluster. Just whatever you do, make sure that the kids don't suffer for what is essentially a technical difficulty. I will be happy to answer any questions that I can about how the new system works in the Convo. Cheers!

Marching Band is a real sport!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Do better. The end.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

My wife and I were there for the DII games on Saturday and that was the first thing she said; how much she dislike them. I am not sure as to why, because when she begins complaining, I quit listening. :lol:

But get this, I did notice that during the Warren/Waverly match-up the board said "Home" and "Away." I said to myself, "Ok. Seems generic." I was there to watch basketball not the scoreboard. However, during the second game, Athens/Logan Elm match-up my wife noticed that the board reflected "Athens" and "Logan Elm." Again, speaking to myself inside my own head; "That's not right. Maybe they don't know what they are doing yet and figuring it out as they go."

I am grateful, that Ohio University opens their building to the Southeast and regional districts. It is truly awesome. But, again, as someone said, the money that Ohio University is able to earn, for doing very little, you would think, they too, would be more appreciative and professional about having 6,000 southeastern Ohio hicksters in their building. Should be a shining example and beacon for every kid growing up on the banks of some creek, or one red light town, or back water old coal mining town with no or very little resources. Extend your beacon beyond Appalachia.

Just sayin'

Return to “Boys Basketball”