Congrats to Fairfield!!!

Tigers1234
Waterboy

Re: Congrats to Fairfield!!!

Post by Tigers1234 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:58 pm
Tigers1234 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:51 pm Of course but burg is always open game about transfers , competitive balance etc.

Burg needs a mod.
Burg has a mod
Good looking out

Tigers1234
Waterboy

Post by Tigers1234 »

a_c_m wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:16 pm This post is Congratulating the Fairfield Lions on their win and wishing them Good Luck in District Final, not to slam the Tigers of Glenwood. I know with New Boston losing that it made a lot of people happy. Please stick to the topic! Thanks!

I'm just curious as to why you made the statement that you know with new Boston losing made a lot of people happy?

U get it that people start hating, getting jealous etc. After a school has dominated for a few years , but if I'm correct this is only new Boston's 2or 3 winning season in a very long time , so I'm not sure people are tired of them winning already and other then regular season they have not made much noise ,so I'm not getting why you think so many are so happy about the loss.

Care to elaborate?

Tigers1234
Waterboy

Post by Tigers1234 »

Interesting , always complaining about the hatred but no explanation.

Anyone else have a take on why new Boston is so hated?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Tigers1234 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:58 am Interesting , always complaining about the hatred but no explanation.

Anyone else have a take on why new Boston is so hated?
It’s the transfers. It’s always about the transfers

highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

OK, I'll bite. From what I saw, they were way too braggadocious! Going into the stands to celebrate after a regular season game (in Jan. at that), was a little too much. Even told fan beside me I would respect them more if they acted like they had been there before. Although many schools have transfers, to have a boys base enrollment of 48 and a CB enrollment of 39 is quite excessive. (That's 45%). Did they really have t-shirts made before they won sectionals? Be humble in losing and gracious in winning. Don't hate NB, just some actions are questionable.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

highflyer wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:38 am OK, I'll bite. From what I saw, they were way too braggadocious! Going into the stands to celebrate after a regular season game (in Jan. at that), was a little too much. Even told fan beside me I would respect them more if they acted like they had been there before. Although many schools have transfers, to have a boys base enrollment of 48 and a CB enrollment of 39 is quite excessive. (That's 45%). Did they really have t-shirts made before they won sectionals? Be humble in losing and gracious in winning. Don't hate NB, just some actions are questionable.
It starts with the head coach and NB head coach is a circus act by himself.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Last years NB team was a long shot better than this team.
Would have loved to see the Webster rematch but we both got whooped up on

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Tigers1234
Waterboy

Post by Tigers1234 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:45 am
highflyer wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:38 am OK, I'll bite. From what I saw, they were way too braggadocious! Going into the stands to celebrate after a regular season game (in Jan. at that), was a little too much. Even told fan beside me I would respect them more if they acted like they had been there before. Although many schools have transfers, to have a boys base enrollment of 48 and a CB enrollment of 39 is quite excessive. (That's 45%). Did they really have t-shirts made before they won sectionals? Be humble in losing and gracious in winning. Don't hate NB, just some actions are questionable.
It starts with the head coach and NB head coach is a circus act by himself.

:shock: :ugeek: :twisted:

Return to “Boys Basketball”