OHSAA Tourney and COVID-19

Bozo
S

Re: OHSAA Final Four in Jeopardy (Coronovirus)?

Post by Bozo »

I don't understand. No deaths in this state. Let's teach our children how to live scared throughout life.
What is the difference between a crowd at the Convo and a crowd at Olive Garden?
None, except for Italian food. They are not limiting the crowd at restaurants, a bowling alley or Chuck E. Cheese.

Absolute Joke!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bozo wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:20 pm I don't understand. No deaths in this state. Let's teach our children how to live scared throughout life.
What is the difference between a crowd at the Convo and a crowd at Olive Garden?
None, except for Italian food. They are not limiting the crowd at restaurants, a bowling alley or Chuck E. Cheese.

Absolute Joke!
This thing is being blown way out of proportion.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I think caution is growing into paranoia in this issue.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

trojandave wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:36 pm I think caution is growing into paranoia in this issue.
Athens City schools just closed and cancelled all practices until March 30th

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
jblman
Waterboy

Re: OHSAA Tourney and COVID-19

Post by jblman »

Per Jerry Snodgrass-
Only essential staff and immediate family members

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Orange and Brown: There probably will be quite a few school districts that will follow Athens' City Schools directive. Just look this past basketball regular season when many districts shut down due to regular flu outbreaks.

I remember back in 2000 when the Y2K panic spread around the world......and how did that turn out? I know that wasn't a disease, but it caused a virtual panic in many parts of the world with the actual facts not really being known.

I think it's good to REACT to the coronavirus, but not OVERREACT! Be aware, but not scared!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:38 pm
trojandave wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:36 pm I think caution is growing into paranoia in this issue.
Athens City schools just closed and cancelled all practices until March 30th
Wow!!!!

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Just looked at the www.khsaa.org website and it has a press release which states that the KHSAA Sweet 16 state tournament will go on as planned with no restrictions on scheduled games or fan attendance, but officials are monitoring the coronavirus news as it evolves.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

So exactly how will they police this issue? Check id, we live in a society of mixed families. The flu kills more people a year than this I just think this is silly hysteria. If your sick stay home.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

this is a topic about OHSAA and not politics. If you want politics in this topic make one over on the political forum.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With something new like this I think it does scare people. After this is over and they see what It did it could be a different story if it comes back next year. With not having a shot for this it has people wondering. With flu shots people think it is under control even if thousands die. Remember what it was like when the flu was bad under Ford. People worried able it then. I can remember President Ford on TV getting his flu shot.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:37 pm this is a topic about OHSAA and not politics. If you want politics in this topic make one over on the political forum.
Absolutely! Take the hatred to that forum.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

If they printed the programs already they can sell them for double the asking price for toilet paper when the idiots buy it all up.

Ps: age check

😂😂

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I see pay per view by the OHSAA the next two weekends. They have to make some of that money back.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

BUCKEYES wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:27 pm So exactly how will they police this issue? Check id, we live in a society of mixed families. The flu kills more people a year than this I just think this is silly hysteria. If your sick stay home.
There is a lot of unnecessary hysteria (ex. People buying up hand sanitizer and toilet paper) going on. However, the generic statement of “if you’re sick, stay home” doesn’t fly scientifically speaking because it’s been proven that you can pass the virus on even before you exhibit any symptoms. Kind of hard to stay home if you’re sick if you actually don’t know you’re sick.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

From OHSAA Website
REGIONAL BOYS BASKETBALL
Beginning Wednesday, student-athletes on the participating school tournament roster (players and cheerleaders) can designate four family members to purchase a ticket for the game. Coaches for that team can each designate two family members to purchase tickets. School administrators and the bus drive each receive one free ticket for themselves and a guest. Each regional site will work with the participating schools regarding its team list and ticket sales process, which will be cash only at entry.

Post by Ironman92 »

Dumb

I’m sure there will be only 60 people in the seats on Wed and Thurs

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

19BC8C2B-4A53-4771-9C30-015CC6C9856C.png
So about 120 fans possible per school

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

This is stupidity at its finest!
I have seen a lot of stupid things in life and this is near the top.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:53 pm 19BC8C2B-4A53-4771-9C30-015CC6C9856C.png

So about 120 fans possible per school
Makes absolutely no sense to close it to fans but then say 4 fans per player etc etc etc.
What a joke!!!!! Mass hysteria is making people go bonkers!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”