Is there a "plan" out there from OHSAA for spectators at games this coming Covid Season?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Is there a "plan" out there from OHSAA for spectators at games this coming Covid Season?

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:00 am I did get a kick out of this one though from a coach who called into our post game show Friday night.

For wrestling he said one of the few state mandates was that teams could not shake hands afterwards. lol

Go roll around on the mat together - but for heavens sake, don't shake hands afterward you might spread the coronavirus.
That’s where we are at. It’s lunacy.

bman
SEO

Re: Is there a "plan" out there from OHSAA for spectators at games this coming Covid Season?

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:00 am I did get a kick out of this one though from a coach who called into our post game show Friday night.

For wrestling he said one of the few state mandates was that teams could not shake hands afterwards. lol

Go roll around on the mat together - but for heavens sake, don't shake hands afterward you might spread the coronavirus.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. It seems like COVID is passed through prolong exposure (15 minutes or more) to someone from what the latest science says.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Restrictions are supposed to be similar to this fall, but of course you see some schools breaking them. Saw a game last night where the stands looked like they were at least 50 percent full.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

trojandave wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:50 am Unless the mask restrictions are lifted, I won't be going to any Portsmouth Trojans basketball games this season, which will be a very long time since that has happened. I only went to half of the first quarter of the Ironton/Portsmouth football game (first game of the season), sitting by myself, before I was told I had to wear my mask even when I was yelling/cheering for the Trojans. I got up and walked out of the Trojan Coliseum and haven't been back since. I didn't mind wearing a mask to go to the concession area or restrooms, but I will not comply with having to wear a mask when cheering for my school, especially so when I'm sitting by myself........that's overcontrol to the point of paranoia.
And I am shocked to see the numbers of cases in Scioto County with people who follow protocols as well as this.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Trojandave, I believe with the alarming rates in Ohio and the nation, this virus is on the verge of exploding even more. Gov DEWine needs to make mandatory mask wearing in public, social distance. , wash hands. Look what has happened since schools reopened and colleges. He should make schools all remote until a vaccine or the start of next fall.drastic steps need to be taken right now to stop this. here’s its been Over 9 months and over 220,000 deaths and we are at even higher numbers than ever. People just don’t get it and help stop the spread.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

trojandave wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:50 am Unless the mask restrictions are lifted, I won't be going to any Portsmouth Trojans basketball games this season, which will be a very long time since that has happened. I only went to half of the first quarter of the Ironton/Portsmouth football game (first game of the season), sitting by myself, before I was told I had to wear my mask even when I was yelling/cheering for the Trojans. I got up and walked out of the Trojan Coliseum and haven't been back since. I didn't mind wearing a mask to go to the concession area or restrooms, but I will not comply with having to wear a mask when cheering for my school, especially so when I'm sitting by myself........that's overcontrol to the point of paranoia.
I don't get this. Does wearing a mask make it difficult for you to cheer? Or do you just feel violated in some way? If you've been going to games for that long don't let having to wear a mask stop you. Go cheer for you team and enjoy the game. I'm not here to debate mask wearing, but if they make us wear them, don't let it ruin our season. Just do it and go support the kids.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Pantherfan: I don't want to wear a mask all the time at a game. I think it's very okay to sit by myself and cheer not wearing a mask. Wearing a mask for the entirety of the game is very cumbersome and awkward, and the way I vocally support the Trojans, cheering through a mask just won't cut it for me. The great majority of people I've seen at games don't cheer like I do........and you can ask about any Trojan fan about that.

I've found out in my time away that there's other enjoyable things to occupy my time with rather than wear a mask for an entire athletic contest.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Prime Time: Mask wearing, washing hands, social distancing.......the mandates and recommendations have been ingrained in our heads since the beginning of the pandemic.......and the cases in so many areas continue to rise.

There wouldn't be nearly as many deaths if people would take better care of themselves.......3 of the biggest underlying conditions that make Covid more dangerous are overweight/obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure. I live in a senior apartment building, and I know that the great majority of physically capable residents there do absolutely nothing in terms of exercise. And what is the result of that? Getting fat, becoming diabetic, with higher blood pressure also resulting from this. I don't think there's any question that being elderly with these conditions present makes Covid a potential death sentence.

I'm 64, and I am in the more susceptible age group for complications from Covid......but I take very good care of myself (distance runner....5-6 miles a day, weight 175 lbs., blood pressure avgs. 110/70) and I'm confident that if I were to contract Covid, I would survive, maybe be asymptomatic. How you take care of yourself can be a HUGE factor in surviving Covid and not having any lingering effects from it.

Complying with all the mandates and recommendations are not more important than taking care of the body that God gave you.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Imagine believing what you see on television. Funny how Fauci said in the beginning people don't need to be walking around in masks, only to change his opinion once this became super political. Absolute sheep is what all you people are who wear masks. For all of you who don't. Good for you. Real men are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

PistolPete7 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:47 pm Imagine believing what you see on television. Funny how Fauci said in the beginning people don't need to be walking around in masks, only to change his opinion once this became super political. Absolute sheep is what all you people are who wear masks. For all of you who don't. Good for you. Real men are quickly becoming a thing of the past.
Do “real men” expend the majority of their posting on a sports forum complaining about others’ choices to wear a mask?

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:50 pm
PistolPete7 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:47 pm Imagine believing what you see on television. Funny how Fauci said in the beginning people don't need to be walking around in masks, only to change his opinion once this became super political. Absolute sheep is what all you people are who wear masks. For all of you who don't. Good for you. Real men are quickly becoming a thing of the past.
Do “real men” expend the majority of their posting on a sports forum complaining about others’ choices to wear a mask?
I do. If you'd get off Facegram and all the other trash social media platforms im sure you have and take 5 minutes to read some basic, rudimentary research. You would see just how ridiculous it is to wear a face mask.
We live in an age of information. Ignorance is a choice.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

People I close my case, this is why the numbers thru Ohio and the US is rising at alarming rates. These kind of responses show no concern for your fellow human being, selfish, rude, inconsiderate and the list could go on and on. When the mandates for face masks to be in public comes out and it’s inching closer, I hope these people will stay in there basement for the safety of the whole community’s every where. Name calling sounds like what I watch very night on National news and it does nothing to stopping the spread of this virus.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

PistolPete7 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:32 pm
I do. If you'd get off Facegram and all the other trash social media platforms im sure you have and take 5 minutes to read some basic, rudimentary research. You would see just how ridiculous it is to wear a face mask.
I don’t use social media, and I’m sure you don’t either as there is no such thing as a “Facegram.”

I also don’t need to do any “rudimentary research” on my own to conclude that a drug designed to treat malaria does not act as a prophylactic successful against the onset of COVID-19 upon SARS-CoV-2 contraction, and that not wearing a mask invariably puts one at higher risk of contracting ‘Rona, because I pay attention to what our president says and does. And alas, he isn’t a good example to follow on this since he got it himself!

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:11 pm

I don’t use social media, and I’m sure you don’t either as there is no such thing as a “Facegram.”

I also don’t need to do any “rudimentary research” on my own to conclude that a drug designed to treat malaria does not act as a prophylactic successful against the onset of COVID-19 upon SARS-CoV-2 contraction, and that not wearing a mask invariably puts one at higher risk of contracting ‘Rona, because I pay attention to what our president says and does. And alas, he isn’t a good example to follow on this since he got it himself!
Then keep walking around with your chin diaper. Fine with me. I'll keep walking around like a normal human being. By the way, i thought all of us horrible humans who don't wear chin diapers were supposed to be dead by now! $100 says you're the guy who wears your mask in the car.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

PistolPete7 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Then keep walking around with your chin diaper. Fine with me. I'll keep walking around like a normal human being. By the way, i thought all of us horrible humans who don't wear chin diapers were supposed to be dead by now! $100 says you're the guy who wears your mask in the car.
If it’s “fine with you” then why do you keep commenting on it?

And, you owe me $100.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:23 pm
PistolPete7 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 pm

If it’s “fine with you” then why do you keep commenting on it?

And, you owe me $100.
Lol. At least you have a sense of humor.

Return to “Boys Basketball”