Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #11

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #11

Post by wobycat »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:16 pm I’d put Waverly over Burg, just from the eye test.
No way. Burg beat west handily both games. Split with Waverly.

Waverly is only as good as Robertson goes. If he goes under 20, they will struggle to win any type of good competition. Burg should have zoned them.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 am Fairland with a big drop

Did Circleville get a win this week?

Did New Lex take an L this weekend?
Circleville defeated Hamilton Township yesterday 57-43.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bman wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:20 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 am Fairland with a big drop

Did Circleville get a win this week?

Did New Lex take an L this weekend?
Circleville defeated Hamilton Township yesterday 57-43.
Thank You....missed that one. Will adjust mine

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I'm going to watch with curiosity how L. Valley plays in the post season. If I remember correctly, wasn't it year 2 for Norm to take the Oaks to glory?

And kudos to those teams who have played most if not all of their games!!

Almost time for Madness....SEO bb style!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

peake71 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:19 am I wouldn't call winning by 3 taking someone behind the woodshed. Considering Peake was down 2 starters.
Just having a little fun. ;)

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

No problem.

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

I like my tigers chances in the Sectional. They have gotten better as the season has progressed ,

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:28 am Burg should still be above Waverly. Split with them and beat west twice. Also undefeated in out of conference play. Which includes a south point win.
Totally agree! Have no clue why Burg isn't above Waverly unless the Tigers have a real good signature win but Burg beat down Jackson and South Point and Waverly has a bad loss against West . Just my opinion

Burg grad 85
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

If Robertson has a bad night and only goes for 15 do the tigers win very many games?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:57 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:28 am Burg should still be above Waverly. Split with them and beat west twice. Also undefeated in out of conference play. Which includes a south point win.
Totally agree! Have no clue why Burg isn't above Waverly unless the Tigers have a real good signature win but Burg beat down Jackson and South Point and Waverly has a bad loss against West . Just my opinion
Just curious that other than being a home game, how a loss to a 13-4 West team is a bad loss?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd, good job as usual. I know how much you love the game of basketball, as most of us do also. I don't know if you even like the game of ice hockey or not, but I can see you being one heck of a goalie in front of that net, being able to deflect shots ( Opinions from a lot of us so called Experts ) right and left from getting into that net. Again, I know this is a lot of fun ( Also a lot of work ) for you in doing this, and I look forward to your rankings each and every week of basketball season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:00 pm
Just curious that other than being a home game, how a loss to a 13-4 West team is a bad loss?
It is when comparing the two teams. I actually think it’s more of a better win for burg. So I suppose it is a bad loss for Waverly considering they are considered better. PFloyd does a great job but I can disagree from time to time.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

This could be why

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/games/12-4- ... &schoolid=

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:53 pm If Robertson has a bad night and only goes for 15 do the tigers win very many games?
No. Robertson is great though. Many teams fail to hold him to that and they know it’s coming. He’s just a playmaker

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Hey PFloyd.

Washington > Chillicothe.

🤷‍♂️

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:15 pm

This could be why

I can see that, but remember that was the first game for a brand new coach with a brand new team that he had no summer games with at all. They were playing an entirely different defense and offense then they are now.

Game 2 was Wheelersburg at home. West changed to primarily a 1-3-1 defense and played Wheelersburg great for a quarter. Offense was still different and eventually Wheelersburg turned West over and pulled away

Game 3 Home against Minford, West switched to the inside oriented offense and also had time to modify press breaks and stuff and won

Game 4 West got killed by the 3 ball and lost at Minford

Since then West is 12-1 with the only loss being at Wheelersburg where West actually led in the 3rd quarter before Wheelersburg went on a run.

I get that Waverly was the favorite at home against West, but West isn't a bad team to be considered a bad loss.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfan wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:51 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:15 pm

This could be why

I can see that, but remember that was the first game for a brand new coach with a brand new team that he had no summer games with at all. They were playing an entirely different defense and offense then they are now.

Game 2 was Wheelersburg at home. West changed to primarily a 1-3-1 defense and played Wheelersburg great for a quarter. Offense was still different and eventually Wheelersburg turned West over and pulled away

Game 3 Home against Minford, West switched to the inside oriented offense and also had time to modify press breaks and stuff and won

Game 4 West got killed by the 3 ball and lost at Minford

Since then West is 12-1 with the only loss being at Wheelersburg where West actually led in the 3rd quarter before Wheelersburg went on a run.

I get that Waverly was the favorite at home against West, but West isn't a bad team to be considered a bad loss.
I agree with you 100%, I was just giving rationale on why it may be considered a bad loss.

I’m excited for West for their turnaround and I hope that they can maintain it in future years after losing such a big senior class. With the way things appear from the outside, it sounds like they should be able to.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

4 out of the 9 that played at Waverly return. 3 of them have started games. They have a skilled JV. They'll be good next year

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point was also out two starters for the game against Burg. I agree Burg probably has 10 athletes but South Point does not after the 6th man the talent drops.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:14 pm

It is when comparing the two teams. I actually think it’s more of a better win for burg. So I suppose it is a bad loss for Waverly considering they are considered better. PFloyd does a great job but I can disagree from time to time.
wobycat - disagree is what keeps the SEOPS world going around LOL ... I have to screw up once in awhile so people get on here and voice their disagreement LOL

Return to “Boys Basketball”