Eastern Pike 08-09

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern Pike 08-09

Post by The Punisher »

Yes he moved in with his dad which lives in the district.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

yeah that surprises me that he went up there

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

ahh im finaly back on here now to comment about the new kid...after watching him during open gym the other day he seems pretty decent should split time between jv and varsity.

I was also told he put up 22 on our 8th grade team but then again thats 8th grade high school is a whole new world :)

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

He is a pretty good player just needs to work on ball handling and mid range shooting a bit but will help yo guys out on JV furshure and some on varsity maybe

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

yes he should get sum varsity time considering nate d. not playing. unless another jv player steps up.

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

He should help out if he does play varsity. I believe he averaged 23 points a game in JH but like Kole said its only JH.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

Can anyone post scrimmages for Eastern---I know about Wheelersburg, but thats it.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Wheelersburg scrimmage is friday the 21st. They also have scrimmages that same weekend on saturday, monday, and tuesday. I believe they play trimble at trimble on saturday. Not sure who they have on monday and tuesday.

Both of the scrimmages against wheelersburg and trimble will be good measuring sticks for the eagles to see where they are early in the season. Not sure how many players burg will have because of football ending though.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

I have an update on the Scrimmage schedule. I got some wrong info earlier. This is the actual scrimmage schedule. Tues Nov. 18th is meet the teams at 7, Friday 21st at Trimble at 6, Sat. the 22nd at Wellston(no time yet), Tues. Nov 25th at. Wheelersburg at 5:30, Friday Nov. 28th is the Previews vs. Oak Hill, and Tuesday Dec. 2nd vs. South Webster at home at 6.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I ran into Coach Fitch in Muletown....he wouldn't comment on any of the "issues" but said things were being handled within the team. He also said some players were really working hard and playing with great intensity. That is good news!

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

some folks keep trying to stir up stuff with this team---as stated before it all needs to be dropped from here on out and folks need to quit worrying about and talking about "false allegations"

I know from first hand information this team is working hard and all have one common goal---TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL SEASON---so for the rest of us lets get behind them and show the support they need to do that!!!

LETS FOCUS ON BASKETBALL--after all thats what this forum is for.

seetherfan
Waterboy

Post by seetherfan »

BASKETBALL should be about BASKETBALL and nothing else

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

seetherfan wrote:BASKETBALL should be about BASKETBALL and nothing else

There are many things that make up high school players...I would say that entails more than BASKETBALL.

Agreed though, lets support the team and move on...even though I still have no clue what the fuss was about?

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

the previews against oak hill will be tough....

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

The Meet the Teams event is Tuesday. I'm excited to see how that goes.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

Previews against Oak Hill will see a great challenge, but just 2-3 years back we beat South Webster at previews and they went on to win the state---anything can happen with confidence.

tiger_balla
Freshman Team

Post by tiger_balla »

Previews are a waste of time...probably a money maker for someone...coaches do not show anything so no "preview" is really a true preview...sorry for the negativity, but this is reality

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Tiger_balla, I agree previews show nothing of a teams actual game plan, but it is still fun to go out and watch your respective team play for maybe the first time this season. And gives fans the chance to see a few other games to see the talent level of the other teams, just not their stratagies. I know of one coach that use to run his center at point and his point at center, just to throw opposing teams off in previews.

By the way, does anyone know what time the scrimmage is sat at Wellston?

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

It is this saturday at 10 in the morning

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

leave me alone

Return to “Boys Basketball”