Final: Cleveland Central Catholic 58 Portsmouth 47

LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: Final: Cleveland Central Catholic 58 Portsmouth 47

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Trojandave, you know how I felt about the Trojans joining the SEOAL, Seems like I was way off on that one, without the competition week end and week out, these Trojans may not have been seasoned for the run that they achieved...do you agree?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Let'sGoPSU: I think the SEOAL is good for Portsmouth basketball......the competition is challenging enough to help our kids.......I think going to Florida was a GREAT idea by Eugene.......it gave the kids an opportunity to play 3 consecutive days against D1 schools.

I think losing Marietta will hurt the overall competition of the SEOAL, because the Tigers had a 14-6 team this year, with almost all the losses in the league........Logan has been down, but will be back soon, and Gallia Academy can't stay down much longer I would think.......Jackson has never really had any sustained success in basketball, but occasionally has been known to field a good team.......Right now, Chillicothe, Portsmouth, and Warren are all very strong in basketball, and next year looks to be more of the same with those 3 schools battling for the SEOAL title.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Whats up trojandave....didnt get to rap with you last weekend at the game,but great season....i cant wait for the Chilly/Portsmouth battles for years to come...both teams have talent for days....

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

No doubt I felt the Florida trip was a huge success for the team.Confidence was built threw out those three games. They played very well and represented the community handsomely!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

bvmv4life: Good to hear from you......sorry we didn't meet at the Schott......I was very proud of the Trojans.......going to the Final 4 was something that a lot of people in town could see coming during last summer when these kids were playing some great basketball.......I think the SEOAL will be a 3 team (CHS, PHS, WHS) battle again next season, and just maybe we can get that elusive league title.......but we'll have to go through your Cavaliers to get it.

I think that Chillicothe and Portsmouth have been great additions to the league.......in just 4 years, the SEOAL has had 2 teams at the state tournament........what the Cavaliers and Trojans have done has given the league a big dose of state credibility in boys basketball, which right now looks to be the strongest sport........I thought when CHS and PHS joined the SEOAL that the league would be adding two traditionally strong b-ball programs, and it certainly looks like that's the case now that Portsmouth is definitely on the rise.

See you somewhere, sometime.......take care!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”