Chillicothe Cavaliers

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

How about Lisath...he still lives in Chilli and coaching at Piketon?

bj439500
Waterboy

Post by bj439500 »

Where did Mesiter did hired at?

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Lisath appears to be leaving Piketon again -- because of job.
I wouldn't say Pat Beard is the choice.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

AD confirms that Meister has submitted his resignation. The school board meets on Monday.

gils
JV Team

Post by gils »

Meister took the job at Hebron Lakewood.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

miggyt wrote:Lisath appears to be leaving Piketon again -- because of job.
I wouldn't say Pat Beard is the choice.
I would think with him living close to CHS would make a big difference. Driving from Dayton to Piketon is tough and he did that last year...Driving from Dayton to his home I would think would be a lot easier.
Taken from another post...look at his last 5 years at Piketon:

Piketon

Record: 95-25
20 win seasons: (3)
League Titles: (4)
Sectional Titles: (5)
District Titles: (2)
Dist. Runner-up: (1)
Regional Titles: (1)
State Final 4: (1)
AP State Rank: (3) #8-'09/#6-'11/#9-'13

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Pat Beard is the new Girls Varsity Head Coach. ..

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Hopefully for CHS fans, the administration will make a hire that will at least be around for a while.......the last thing Chillicothe needs is a revolving door of coaches........stability is very important to getting Cavalier basketball back to winning ways........in most years, there will be talent available for whoever the coach is.

Coach Kellough was at CHS for 7 years, long enough to develop the underclasses, and also to maximize the varsity talent. 5 district titles, a state championship, SEOAL titles, and never had a losing season despite playing a rugged non-league schedule.

Chillicothe has a strong basketball tradition, and the job should generate quite a bit of interest even though CHS most likely will be D1 next season.

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

The d1 thing will be a big issue standing in the way of the success people are looking for. When you have been one of the biggest D2 school for the last 8 years and now you may well be one of the smallest d1 schools you definition of success may change as well.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Hitchbone64 feeling real bad for the kids right now. Mid-Summer changes are horrible. Young kids camp cancelled next week. We will rebound though. Watch for a you g man on the sidelines tomorrow replacing Meister in the Shoot Out. Chilly has up and coming coaches around and we will survive.

Go Cavs!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

This job has Lisath written all over it.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Just watched Coach Lisath coach the Piketon kids in the Chillicothe Shootout against my Cavs! Man they beat us by 10...He can coach! I hope he considers it!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Whoever the new coach is, I hope it will be his desire to always have Portsmouth on the schedule. The Trojans and Cavaliers have played 86 times in their long, intense rivalry, and both teams have 43 wins apiece. Even with CHS going D1 and Portsmouth being D3, with Chillicothe having almost 200 more boys than PHS (381-187), the game should be played every year. I know at Portsmouth that having Chillicothe on the schedule is a must.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Chillicothe better turn thir attention now to the central district in their non league games if they want any respect come tourney draw

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

I don't see Lisath wanting the job and if he does; I suspect the "cog in the wheel" will be an Administrator whom Lisath coached at Unioto. This person bashed Lisath on jjhuddle a few years back. And according to my sources was instrumental in going after Miester over Lisath last year.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Lisath wouldnt get the job. Why would we want someone that cant make up his mind and could possibly be a one and done. No offense to him because work is obviously his #1 priority. I think we are in trouble here becasue who are we going to get around the area? We will have to go outside again I hope and bring in someone from out of town.

Go Cavs

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Rabeanos12 wrote:Lisath wouldnt get the job. Why would we want someone that cant make up his mind and could possibly be a one and done. No offense to him because work is obviously his #1 priority. I think we are in trouble here becasue who are we going to get around the area? We will have to go outside again I hope and bring in someone from out of town.

Go Cavs
Don't think it was about making up his mind...I believe working in Chillicothe, living in Chillicothe and coaching at Piketon for 9 years shows his loyality, even with last season driving from Dayton to Piketon. He thought he was getting transferred back to the area; however found out at the last minute he was staying in Dayton. Besides that, I believe he already was offered a coaching job in Dayton. I'm sure Chilli will find a good candidate (even this late). But I sure wouldn't slam the door in his face if he wants it. JMO

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:09 am They can all play in the post Been B & B ...

Athens line-up

G -Ibi Watson 6'3 - Fr.
G -Joe Burrow 6'3 - So.
F - Ryan Leuhrman 6'4 - So.
F - Adam Leuhrman 6'4 - So.
C - Jared Elmore 6'5 - Sr.
Solid lineup

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
E High
All State

Post by E High »

Didn’t Watson leave before his JR year. Athens May have been a State team with him ?

Return to “Boys Basketball”