DIV - MEIGS SECTIONAL

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: DIV - MEIGS SECTIONAL

Post by 93Bulldog »

Crazy how MIller is 3rd in the TVC-Hocking (just below two DIII teams Fed Hock and Belpre) ... but ended up the 6th seed (behind 3 TVC-Hocking schools that are behind them in the standings.)

They kind of got screwed a little ... even a couple coaches I talked to after the draw agreed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:Crazy how MIller is 3rd in the TVC-Hocking (just below two DIII teams Fed Hock and Belpre) ... but ended up the 6th seed (behind 3 TVC-Hocking schools that are behind them in the standings.)

They kind of got screwed a little ... even a couple coaches I talked to after the draw agreed.
Maybe so....but to start the year and say you get to face an average Trimble team for a shot at the Convo....they jump and do multiple cartwheels

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Maybe - but coach Moore and coach Bremer are pretty good friends ... they were sitting together at the table after the draw and both seemed a little dissapointed in the outcome ... they had to play each other 3 times last year - and now have to do it again. I wish I could link both interviews with both coaches from my recorder to preps because they made great points about Miller being awarded such a low seed.

tell me this makes sense:

#4 Southern (9-11), (7-8)
#5 Eastern (7-13), (7-8)
#6 Miller (9-12), (9-6)

* Eastern and Southern don't even have winning records in the Hocking Division.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Bulldog--i agree to a certain extent, but why does Miller deserve to be higher? They just lost to the 2nd worst team in the TVC last night at home???? Eastern has won 4 out of there last 5, they are on fire. Eastern and Southern both swept Waterford, which Eastern just won by 16 on Wednesday. I know Miller just pounded Southern Tuesday night, but Eastern was up on Miller 54-26 going to the 4th quarter a couple weeks ago. I think Miller deserved to be ahead of Southern, but im not sure if they are that much better than either of those teams. Everyone new it wasnt going to be interesting today, I don't think anyone should be upset or suprised.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Waterford also beat Federal Hocking on the road last week - but it didn't hurt the Lancers draw today.
Miller also beat Eastern 78-42 ... before Eastern returned the favor with a 69-54 win.

A teams 'total body of work' should be weighed heavilly ... of the three teams: Southern, Eastern, Miller ... how can you not say Miller's body of work isn't more impressive ... against the EXACT same opponents the Falcons went (9-6) and Eastern/Southern havn't even broke .500 yet.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Did Eastern playing without Cook and Pullins at the beginning of the year have anything to do with it?

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

I doubt that Southern and Eastern really wanted to play each other. This is a rival game and we all know in a rival game it doesn't matter if one team is twenty points better than the other. One thing about this game it will be a money maker the Meigs gym will be packed. I don't really see how any team could have anything to complain about. Not one team really stepped up this week to take a higher seed. All but Eastern Pike and Symmes Valley have losing records and Symmes Valley tried hard to have a losing record too. I think 2-7 anything can happen in the tournament and wouldn't really consider any of those games an upset.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Anything official yet?

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

93Bulldog wrote:Waterford also beat Federal Hocking on the road last week - but it didn't hurt the Lancers draw today.
Miller also beat Eastern 78-42 ... before Eastern returned the favor with a 69-54 win.

A teams 'total body of work' should be weighed heavilly ... of the three teams: Southern, Eastern, Miller ... how can you not say Miller's body of work isn't more impressive ... against the EXACT same opponents the Falcons went (9-6) and Eastern/Southern havn't even broke .500 yet.

Miller doesn't have Howie Caldwell coaching them and Fed Hock does. I think Coach Caldwell probably commands a little more respect from his peers.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

My post was more of a reflection about Waterford Hopper ... if they can go into Stewart and beat the TVC-Hocking champs, then beating Miller a few days later shouldn't come as such a shock - nor should have it knocked them down the list ... Miller had also won 4-out-of-5 (including beating your Tornadoes by 19 just five days ago ...lol) heading into that Waterford game - so its not like they were playing bad at the end of the season.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I understand where you are coming from bulldog. I am not trying to argue with you, but its always been what have you done for me recently and recently Eastern has been better than both Southern and Miller. Do i agree with what happened? I do not, but Eastern beat Miller most recently and beat Southern without cook and pullins. I think it shoulda went Miller, Trimble, Eastern/Southern. Not Eastern at the #4/#5 but those coaches must of had some friends in that room

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

great thing about it is this:

I get to see (and probably call on the radio) TRIMBLE vs MILLER ... one is my county team, the other I have been kind of pulling for all year ... I'm an 'underdog' kind of guy ... lol

but before that game at 8:00 ... I'll get to see EASTERN vs SOUTHERN in a playoff game, at Meigs high school to boot ...

That makes for a very fun night, IMO!

I'm always looking at the glass half full BigShooter ...

:)

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

I am trying to argue with 93. lol I don't think any of the teams after Eastern Pike have anything to complain about. In Miller's last 4 games they played teams that all had losing records and went 2-2. They got knocked out of the tournament last year by the bottom seed. So thats not a good resume. My Tornadoes haven't played well down the home stretch either so they couldn't complain either. Not sure I wouldn't rather play Trimble right now than a hot Eastern team that has won 4 out of their last five. Miller might have a better match up being the lower seed.I don't really think there is much difference between 2-7. I think these games could go either way. The only difference I see where seeding makes a difference is in the next round. Look forward to seeing you at the Convo 93 it is kind of fun arguing with you. lol

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Are the speedings out yet?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hopper 11 wrote:I am trying to argue with 93. lol I don't think any of the teams after Eastern Pike have anything to complain about. In Miller's last 4 games they played teams that all had losing records and went 2-2. They got knocked out of the tournament last year by the bottom seed. So thats not a good resume. My Tornadoes haven't played well down the home stretch either so they couldn't complain either. Not sure I wouldn't rather play Trimble right now than a hot Eastern team that has won 4 out of their last five. Miller might have a better match up being the lower seed.I don't really think there is much difference between 2-7. I think these games could go either way. The only difference I see where seeding makes a difference is in the next round. Look forward to seeing you at the Convo 93 it is kind of fun arguing with you. lol
Convo?
How about at Meigs on the 26th - you surely are not going to miss those games are ya?

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Hopper 11 wrote:I am trying to argue with 93. lol I don't think any of the teams after Eastern Pike have anything to complain about. In Miller's last 4 games they played teams that all had losing records and went 2-2. They got knocked out of the tournament last year by the bottom seed. So thats not a good resume. My Tornadoes haven't played well down the home stretch either so they couldn't complain either. Not sure I wouldn't rather play Trimble right now than a hot Eastern team that has won 4 out of their last five. Miller might have a better match up being the lower seed.I don't really think there is much difference between 2-7. I think these games could go either way. The only difference I see where seeding makes a difference is in the next round. Look forward to seeing you at the Convo 93 it is kind of fun arguing with you. lol
Convo?
How about at Meigs on the 26th - you surely are not going to miss those games are ya?

No hope to be there. I will see you there. These should both be really competitive games.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

All i know is if you want a seat for the Southern/Eastern game you should prolly go after school lol its going to be a made house....has Eastern/Southern every played for a Sectional Title or a tournament in general? if so when?

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

BigShooter wrote:All i know is if you want a seat for the Southern/Eastern game you should prolly go after school lol its going to be a made house....has Eastern/Southern every played for a Sectional Title or a tournament in general? if so when?

In 2009 they played for the district championship. They have played several times in the sectionals. They use to have to play each other just about every year in the sectional. This was back when only one team came out of a sectional.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

the room was really uncomfortable. pike and st joe coaches didnt help miller at all and tried to apoligize to him and he didnt want to hear it. i tell you there was alot of crying about injuries with coaches talking about their teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

91blue14 wrote:the room was really uncomfortable. pike and st joe coaches didnt help miller at all and tried to apoligize to him and he didnt want to hear it. i tell you there was alot of crying about injuries with coaches talking about their teams.

Still say Fred Sanford could've saved everyone a trip and seeded this sectional himself.

The #2-#6 teams should be happy they are all playing easier teams than they would have if this thing was done fairly in this district.

Return to “Boys Basketball”