DIV - MEIGS SECTIONAL

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: DIV - MEIGS SECTIONAL

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Buy your Tickets at the Schools to support your local schools!!!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

91blue14 wrote:the room was really uncomfortable. pike and st joe coaches didnt help miller at all and tried to apoligize to him and he didnt want to hear it. i tell you there was alot of crying about injuries with coaches talking about their teams.
Is there a reason the coaches at Eastern Pike and ISJ should have helped Miller? SV, Eastern Pike and ISJ are outnumbered in this sectional and go wherever the TVC teams decide they should go. When 2 TVC teams want the same spot, someone is going to walk away feeling they are going to get screwed. I guess if Miller got the number 5 those same schools would be accused of screwing Eastern Meigs.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't think anyone would have complained if a (7-13) Eastern team ended up 6th.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And EM doing this can avoid South Webster and Eastern Pike, though should not beat Notre Dame.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

EM lucked out...ND is a better choice then Pike or SW. Even the bottom part of that bracket both teams are beatable with East and and SV. Dont get me wrong I dont think Southern nor Eastern can beat ND but its the lesser of two evils with Pike SW and Faorfield all in one bracket

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern will be a tough out for anyone the first few games

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Haha Super what r u guys drinking? Eastern will be a tough out??? There 7-13 there coach must of pulled some strings to get the 5...they are the same team that was 3-12. So what they won some games.what u giys think u have howie at the helm again?? Just a couple weeks ago all u eagles were ready to run the new guy outb of town now hes won a few games and you guys are a tough out? Smh

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I'm saying other than Pike just about every other game will be a toss up. Agree?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Heck we could get beat first game. But we're also capable of winning a couple and I think you would agree with that

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Does terrible Waterford have a shot vs Symmes Valley?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Waterford just won @ Federal Hocking last week so I think they do

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

if Miller would have gotten the 5 seed then they would be playing Southern, so which is the better matchup Trimble or Southern. Aren't they 1-1 against both? Or even if they would have gotten Eastern? 1-1 there too. So I say (as it has been said before) 3-6 is doesnt matter where you are cause it is a coin toss game. Also how does the coaches that are in the drawing look you in the eye and say "i'm sorry for your draw" after being the ones who put them there.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Super I agree with you that any of these teams can win a sectional game. I just think that all tvc teams will be one and done. I see it almost impossible for a TVC team to make it to the district finals. I just dont think they are strong enough or have any good match ups.

The more I think about the MIller situation the more silly I Think it is...If Millers coach thought he was better then Trimble, Southern and Eastern he shoulda tried to get his team there. Someone told me he voted Trimble 3 and Southern 4 who they just beat by 20 on Tuesday. Also if you think your better then those 3 teams prove it. I was at the game vs Eastern and they were down 30 going to the 4th. If you think you deserve a higher seed do not get beat by a team like Waterford who played without their best player at home, I know you will say that Fed. lost to them too, but Federal Hocking is overrated I wouldnt be suprised if they got beat by Meigs in the first game. Trimble Southern and Eastern all swept Waterford handily, so I am starting to side with everyone else 3-6 could have gone anyway. When it comes to tournament draw its always been "what have you done lately"

Southern-Has the tournament history will always benefit from that
Trimble-beat waterford and have been playing better
Eastern-Beat Miller, SG, Waterford
Miller-beat southern and wahama, but got spanked by Eastern and lost to Waterford???

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Guys when you look at the strength of the Valley sectional its possible every team in this sectional could be one and done !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BigShooter wrote:When it comes to tournament draw its always been "what have you done lately"
Miller was 4-2 in its last 6 games.
Eastern was 4-2 in its last 6 games.

Miller just beat Southern by 19 six days ago?
Miller had a far better league record than both Eastern and Southern.
Miller swept the 2nd place team in the Hocking (Belpre) - who swept both Eastern and Southern.

The St. Joe and Pike coach may have apologized to the Miller coach because quite frankly, they probably didn't know anything about them ... past perception of MILLER could have came into play, a team that usually wins 2 or 3 games a year ... which is exactly what coach Bremer eluded too in the interview I did with him after the draw ... he was dissapointed becuase he felt his team didn't earn the respect he thought they deserved.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

right I understand that, but I know a couple of coaches from the sectional draw were there in attendance at the Eastern/Miller game bc I sat behind SG/SV coaches that night. I know what you are going to say when I say this, but what respect should Miller get? they lost at home to Waterford???? I know I know so did fed. If they win that game saturday everything is clear cut yesterday they get the 4 southern the 5 eastern the 6....Eastern got the 5 bc they won 4 out of 5 and they have had alot of tournament success. Same with southern they got the 4 with southern they got that bc they have had more tournament success. Bremer can cry and complain all he wants but if you want respect for a program that has struggled you cant lose to bottom feeders like Waterford without there best player

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

This is where Miller earns their respect. Go win a tourney game, then get a win at the Convo. That's how they will earn respect. Nobody respects anyone in the TVC right now. As they shouldn't. But our post season play as a conference needs to have a good showing

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BigShooter ... you've make the comment 'what have you done for me lately' is important ... then recite how PAST tournament success factors in?

Losing to Waterford ... is that as bad as Eastern losing to River Valley (3-17)?
Eastern was also beat by a Trimble team that is under .500 twice.
They lost to Belpre twice (who Miller swept this year).
They were beaten by Wahama (7-11).
and the 75-39 loss to Gallia (7-13) kind of stands out as well.

Eastern winning 4-out-of-5 ... yea, you can look at it that way ... but they are 4-2 in their last 6 games - just like Miller.
The "4-out-of-5" ... wins over Wahama (7-11), Miller (9-12), Waterford (6-11), South Gallia (5-14) ... the one team over .500 in that stretch was Belpre (10-9) and the Eagles lost that game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BigShooter wrote:Bremer can cry and complain all he wants but if you want respect for a program that has struggled you cant lose to bottom feeders like Waterford without there best player
He was far from crying or complaining ... the guy was very respectful to the other teams and very gracious after the draw ... the ONLY thing he said was he thought HIS TEAM had earned a little more respect than what they received.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I have to agree with ya bulldog

Return to “Boys Basketball”