Trimble at Vinton County 11/30

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Niner wrote:Nice win By The Vikings.The most exciting moment was at the end of the game between a viking player and a member of the student section.I have never seen anything like that at a ballgame before. What an embarassment!

That was unfortunate.
But here is another embarassing moment for you; after the game, I was listening to 107.7. They have a program for fans to call in and brag up the kids. A DAD from Trimble called in complaining about the officiating at the games (he also mentioned getting "homered" at Nelsonville), he stated "the refs are awful in SEOhio" and he is sick of going to schools that have "GOOD OLE BOY" refs. Newsflash for this DAD from Trimble: VC has no high school level refs living inside VC, and one of the JV refs, on Friday night is from Trimble! The foul situation was pretty close throughout the game, there were bad calls made, but both ways. NO ref will ever satisfy the fans from both teams! And if he was talking about the freshman or JV games, well they were not even close enough to mention the officiating. If things were so much better in Central Ohio, go back up there!
Hawkeye, this is not FrankieG, this is ME!!! :lol:

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

How true Frankie! another ref was from The Plains.
Wow what a cry baby!
That takes away from the great play of the Tomcats.
I thought that Trimble played very well to be so out-matched.
That was kinda childish between a Viking player and another senior student, whom both I know very well.
Yeah, it's probably an embarassment to both of them by now.
GO VIKES

joe hemsley
Waterboy

Post by joe hemsley »

The officiating at Vinton County was very good during the varsity game. Ed Kincaid and crew did a excellent job controlling the game and yet letting the boys determine the outcome. Do not link all the Tomcat faithful to a disgruntled caller, we are extremely proud of our kids effort and look forward to them improving each and every game. I truly appreciate the hospitality of the vinton county administration and wish the vikings the best throughout the remainder of the season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”