Oak hill defeats Minford DEC. 14

in_sane
Riding the Bench

Post by in_sane »

see what i mean, you just cant let it go! Quit trying to bash people.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I am not bashing anyone. The facts are the facts. They don't change because you don't like the facts.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

So Falconflyer, has Minford ever used an open enrollment student on any of their athletic teams? Of course they have. That's why you sound so petty with your whining.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Sure, I agree Minford has, and I don't blame players for wanting to play for your coach but why are you so emotional? I am not whining. I am stating facts.

in_sane
Riding the Bench

Post by in_sane »

but you are being a smart *** while doing it

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO OAKS

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

well oakhills boys program has learned from the best........the girls program........if you are wondering i totally agree with falconflyer!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Minford is to lose well those above will yell about the Jackson County All-Stars......but yet Minford lost to Jackson by double digits....what's that about?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

We actually learned from Minford's baseball teams of the past. I remember playing them and all but a few were from previous schools.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Go Allstars beat Minford! :-D I don't really care who transfers where anymore. Just look at who wins State Championships year in and year out! It is normally St. Someone or an academy school. So why not level the playing field?

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

MOF,
give us names,i think you might be blowin a little smoke,matter of fact I know you are,on the other hand on your end we all know it is factual!

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Big train----you are either totally out of the loop on the use of open enrollment athletes at your school and all other schools in the area, or you are being deliberately dishonest. Either way, your posts lack credibility because of it.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

dean,
i have made it clear on past topics how i feel about open enrollment,it was designed for scholastics not a way to improve individual statis in sports,yes i am old school when it comes to this,you didn't hear of this years ago,if you wasn't happy where you were you dealt with it or you gave it up,thats the problem in todays world everything is to easy for the kids,.....if I am not happy i will go take my ball and play elsewhere.
as far as credibility goes what you say means nothing to me,as far as being in the loop I make it my job not to be.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Big train--you are the one who said MOF was "blowing smoke" when he commented on Minford's open enrollment in baseball. To deny that and then give Oak Hill a hard time about athletes wanting to play for their 500+ win coach, when it is totally within the rules, is disingenuous. I agree that open enrollment is a joke, but I don't make the rules.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

GO OAKS!

tiger_4_ever
Waterboy

Post by tiger_4_ever »

Entire situation of transfers, open enrollment, private schools and recruiting is very frustrating. If the teams benefiting from it feel good, it must be good I guess!! I'm sure in all these situations home grown players, who may have put heart and soul into a sport, may be left out.

Win at any cost is part of the times!!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!
JHStradition
Waterboy

Post by JHStradition »

The one Jackson transfer has more relatives in Oak Hill than Jackson, including two on the Oak Hill team. The other one is not from Jackson, he moved in from Cincinnati. Somebody mentioned earlier that open enrollment was for academic reasons, which is main reason for one of the transfers. If you don't even know these people or the kids it is pretty weak commenting on their motives and reasons.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

To be honest I don't factually know eithers' reason for transferring.

Both are basketball only athletes and knew that much of what Jackson had last year was all gone and that 11 miles down the road the basketball program is well on the rise with a big time coach....and a bunch of players who will all return next year.

I have trouble believing that academics is the main reason for either. I know Oak Hill is 3 or 4 points higher on the report card....I'm just not sure how that transponds into a main reason to leave a school district. Now if it's a known fact straight from the family and it is believed....then I'll go with it...but what I think doesn't matter one bit to anything.

One program had a coach with endless basketball/college contacts...the other program was unsure of who the coach was even going to be.

I'm totally against transferring.....but I understand why those two kids did.

Best of luck to them.

jottings
SEOPS H

Any updates

Post by jottings »

Any updates on this game?

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

The score they gave on the breeze was Oak Hill 50 Minford 48

BLUTO

Return to “Boys Basketball”