Rock Hill @ Peake

bballrh
Waterboy

Post by bballrh »

if he did not score actual goals in overtime. got to ask who was guarding him then beside. the peake team should be just that " a team" .when shoemaker makes those points, someone is giving him assist.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I hate to say it but this rock hill bunch is the biggest under achieving squad I have seen for a long time in the OVC. All we have heard is how this group was supposed to take the OVC by storm when they were soph's, and now they are seniors and they are still not very good. Davenport is a nice player, very athletic and can handle a little for a big man, but other than him, these guys have gotten no better since their sophmore year.

Your team is 1-4 and 0-2 in the conference, I would take a hard look at who is directing this ship and say thanks but no thanks. Marty was a much much better coach than Simpson. The Redmen look very unorganized and are very turnover prone. Not to mention there was animosity beeing shown amongst the players late in the fourth quarter. Very disappointing.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

IMO they are weak at ball handling and don't get after it on the boards.

bballrh
Waterboy

Post by bballrh »

Peake:This is so far from he truth. These boys have had a lot that come their way.Davenport is NOT the only player on the team that has imporved. Other players have improve. They just have not had consistency right now. This is not what this forum is about. We could get on here and talk about every team. Unfortunatly there was something amoung the players last night.So true very bad to see. That will NOT be happen anymore. Better not

bucking red: They have the ball handlers. They have some of the best in the league. Do need work on the rebounds but could take a look on the preps central on the leaders board> Last night was just not their night to win. let's just say congrats to the winner and go on but the bad mouth stuff should stop. We could get on here easy and say things about the peake but would never do that or at least I would not.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

bballrh,

I am just calling it like I see it. The Fairland kids who were talked up have improved and the RH kids have not, just my opinion. It you don't except it as truth, that is fine, but I know a lot of people who think the same way I do outside of RH. Last year they under achieved, and this season they are 1-4 and 0-2 in the conference, what other proof do you need? All I am saying is with all of the RH people that started talking this group up as a soph, they aren't even comming close to living up to it.

bballrh
Waterboy

Post by bballrh »

peake wrote:bballrh,

I am just calling it like I see it. The Fairland kids who were talked up have improved and the RH kids have not, just my opinion. It you don't except it as truth, that is fine, but I know a lot of people who think the same way I do outside of RH. Last year they under achieved, and this season they are 1-4 and 0-2 in the conference, what other proof do you need? All I am saying is with all of the RH people that started talking this group up as a soph, they aren't even comming close to living up to it.

Huge difference is that the Fairland team has had the same system. Consistency Consistency Consistency The hill got a new coach which took on plays to practices changes. Most important a whole new dicispiine system. the boys knew nothing about simpson and the other way around. Mills and Simpson and on the opposite sides of the world in style. That is huge. Loosing their coach who was also thier friend and confidant was hard to adjust to as it would be for anyone. Now simpson is getting to know the boys and things are changing. that is all I am saying. It was like starting over when they wer juniors. They started in grade school and Mills camps and learn everything about Mills wayClear throughjunior high. Major adjustment

Mainly I just don't see the point of ever getting on here and slamming anyone or team.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I am not slamming. I said they haven't improved and that they are under achieving with all of the supposed talent they are supposed to have.

Let me get this straight, you and all of the rest of the Redmen Nation can come on here and talk this team up like you do, but nothing can be said that goes against that? All I have heard since these guys were in 7th grade was how good they were and how they would dominate the OVC by the time they were soph's.

I remember having conversation, or should I say debates, over this group when they were soph's and how they were going to beat a Chesapeake team that was fresh off an elite 8 run.

As a unite, RH looked unorganized and undisciplined, which I would say is a direct reflection of the coach. Yes they do have talent, particularly the Davenport kid, whom I heard spent little time on his game this summer and more time at the beach. Dupriest hasn't gotten any better IMO since his sophmore year, and why in the world was Wes Persin not in for the majority of the game???? Persin is one of their better players and should have been playing the entire game.

I fully expected this group to contend for an OVC title and possibly unseat Fairland, but it looks like the best candidate to do that is either SP or Chesapeake.

All I am saying is if you are going to talk the talk, than you better walk the walk; or be prepaired to hear what you are hearing.

jottings
SEOPS H

Saturday night's score?

Post by jottings »

Can someone from Rock Hill post the score of Saturday night's game with St. Joe? Thanks.

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

peake wrote:I am not slamming. I said they haven't improved and that they are under achieving with all of the supposed talent they are supposed to have.

Let me get this straight, you and all of the rest of the Redmen Nation can come on here and talk this team up like you do, but nothing can be said that goes against that? All I have heard since these guys were in 7th grade was how good they were and how they would dominate the OVC by the time they were soph's.

I remember having conversation, or should I say debates, over this group when they were soph's and how they were going to beat a Chesapeake team that was fresh off an elite 8 run.

As a unite, RH looked unorganized and undisciplined, which I would say is a direct reflection of the coach. Yes they do have talent, particularly the Davenport kid, whom I heard spent little time on his game this summer and more time at the beach. Dupriest hasn't gotten any better IMO since his sophmore year, and why in the world was Wes Persin not in for the majority of the game???? Persin is one of their better players and should have been playing the entire game.

I fully expected this group to contend for an OVC title and possibly unseat Fairland, but it looks like the best candidate to do that is either SP or Chesapeake.

All I am saying is if you are going to talk the talk, than you better walk the walk; or be prepaired to hear what you are hearing.

Peake... you should really get your facts straight before you go cutting down any player. As for Davenport's summer... the entire summer was spent playing AAU basketball in Las Vegas, Louisville, and Morgantown, while traveling to weekly practices in Columbus... so as for his summer at the beach, you should find better sources. As for Davenport being the only player on the team with promise, again you demonstrate your complete disreguard for the realities. If you have been around basketball so much you would realize that one players success depends largely on his team mates. Nate would be the first admit that. Rarely does a player guard the entire opposing team single handedly, rarely does a single player set up the offense by himeself, pass the ball to himself, and score... I understand your right to opinions concerning RH or any team, but please do not shoot at individual players in an attempt to support your philosophies... they are trying to pull it together and if you are a fan of the kids, you'll respect that instead of attacking them. I don't know of a single Rock Hill player who has ever gotten on here and talked himself up... so respect them as athletes cheer for your team more than you cheer against other individual players. I wish chesapeake the best... they have great folks up there who are true sports fans!

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Good luck to the Redmen the rest of the season. Would not surprise me to see Rock Hill make considerable noise in the tournament.

Fans, players and coaches from the Hill have been first class ever since I started watching OVC basketball.

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

allsport wrote:
peake wrote:I am not slamming. I said they haven't improved and that they are under achieving with all of the supposed talent they are supposed to have.

Peake... you should really get your facts straight before you go cutting down any player. As for Davenport's summer... the entire summer was spent playing AAU basketball in Las Vegas, Louisville, and Morgantown, while traveling to weekly practices in Columbus... so as for his summer at the beach, you should find better sources. As for Davenport being the only player on the team with promise, again you demonstrate your complete disreguard for the realities. If you have been around basketball so much you would realize that one players success depends largely on his team mates. Nate would be the first admit that. Rarely does a player guard the entire opposing team single handedly, rarely does a single player set up the offense by himeself, pass the ball to himself, and score... and as for DePriest not improving, he knocked down 16 and handled the ball superbly on Saturday night... he has been a consistent starter for 4 years now... that in itself is a rare feat... Listen, I understand your right to opinions concerning RH or any team, but please do not shoot at individual players in an attempt to support your philosophies... they are trying to pull it together and if you are a fan of the kids, you'll respect that instead of attacking them. I don't know of a single Rock Hill player who has ever gotten on here and talked himself up... so respect them as athletes cheer for your team more than you cheer against other individual players. I wish chesapeake the best... they have great folks up there who are true sports fans!

fhsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by fhsfan »

Far be it for me to defend someone from Chesapeake, but do not bring up coaching changes as a reason the Senior group from Rock Hill has struggled. Chesapeake is on number 3 in a year and a half. Now I do not know why things have not gone Rock Hill's way and I do not care to speculate. However, this group was highly touted and for whatever reason they just have not been able to pull out the tough ones.

Good luck the rest of the season unless you are playing my guys.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Rock Hill has talent and things are not coming together at the begining of the season but they have time to get it together. Rock Hill also had a talented football team this year that as the year went on had trouble putting it together for 4 quarters in most of their games. They almost made the playoffs anyway. Maybe it is a mindset or something else going on but Rock Hill does have the talent to win most of their remaining games. They need to keep working as a team to achieve wins and improve everytime they get on the floor.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I stand corrected about Davenport, just what a source said. I am not cutting the kid down, I said he has gotten better, just my spurce was wrong and I apologise. I am only saying what I have observed for the last 6 years since these guys were in 7th grade. Their skill level hasn't improved much as a unite. Don't agree with me, that's ok, but that is my opinion and after a subpar year last season, and now starting 1-4, the proof is in the pudding.

I ma not saying these kids aren't great kids, I am sure they are, but from a basketball standpoint I think they are under achieving, my opinion.

So let me get this straight, we can talk this group of kids up like they are going to dominate the world, but if that doesn't happen than I am not able to state the obvious? I stand by what I said, I don't see much improvement from an entire team stand point, and they look unorganized and undisciplined.

Now onto Chesapeake having 3 coaches in a year and a half. The Ron Reed Era was a mistake from the get go, and anyone whom supported I think IMHO will admit that now. You had kids devided, a community devided, parents devided,not a goode situation. Plus it happend last in the school year, so Reed was behind, didn't work them in the summer, the conditioning program was a joke, the cioaching staff became devided, kids were not happy, and than Reed quite 7 games into the season. THis left Coach CBall to pick up all of the peaces, try and rebuild from scratch, and it was darn near impoosible to do considering the circumstances. Now Ryan Davis is here, and all is well.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

I will say this... 2 years ago all we heard from RH fans were the "Super Sophs". Last year it was the "Jammin Juniors". It did get old after awhile. Reading all those posts I was expecting alot more from them.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

farmer wrote:Rock Hill has talent and things are not coming together at the begining of the season but they have time to get it together. Rock Hill also had a talented football team this year that as the year went on had trouble putting it together for 4 quarters in most of their games. They almost made the playoffs anyway. Maybe it is a mindset or something else going on but Rock Hill does have the talent to win most of their remaining games. They need to keep working as a team to achieve wins and improve everytime they get on the floor.

Didn't they make the playoffs and lose to St. Clairsville?

bballrh
Waterboy

Post by bballrh »

So let me get this straight, we can talk this group of kids up like they are going to dominate the world, but if that doesn't happen than I am not able to state the obvious? I stand by what I said, I don't see much improvement from an entire team stand point, and they look unorganized and undisciplined.

1.The question is why would you think you have to state anything like that at all
2. Yes they did go to the playoffs
3.as far as having coach changes.it does make a diiference if they have different style

Good luck to all the OVC teams.The hill will be just fine

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Yes you are right they did make the playoffs in football. That was after all the talk all summer and during the season of the OVC Championship would be going thur Rock Hill. They ended up losing more than one conference game to make the playoffs but with no momentum. The team did not live up to the hype as the basketball team is playing now not up to the hype. It is early in the basketball season and you want to be peaking as the playoffs come around. This team will need to step up soon and produce or it will just be a team that people talk about what if's instead of what they accomplished.
That is not putting down those players as others have said it is putting it on the players to step up and change it. It is a challenge to the coaches and players to come together before the season is over. To keep saying they will be alright is good to support your team in the politically correct way even though their play has not been good.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

My answere to that is because I can. This is an open forum where you can state your own opinion.

repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

[quote="peake"]I hate to say it but this rock hill bunch is the biggest under achieving squad I have seen for a long time in the OVC. All we have heard is how this group was supposed to take the OVC by storm when they were soph's, and now they are seniors and they are still not very good. Davenport is a nice player, very athletic and can handle a little for a big man, but other than him, these guys have gotten no better since their sophmore year.

Your team is 1-4 and 0-2 in the conference, I would take a hard look at who is directing this ship and say thanks but no thanks. Marty was a much much better coach than Simpson. The Redmen look very unorganized and are very turnover prone. Not to mention there was animosity beeing shown amongst the players late in the fourth quarter. Very disappointing.[/quote AMEN PEAKE,, i agree 100% with what you are saying,i said the same thing in a earlier post.

Return to “Boys Basketball”