Hunnington vs Vinton Co @ Covo (Sat)

Viking_Pride
Waterboy

Post by Viking_Pride »

Sweet Pea wrote:vikingpride

did peebles play tonight at 9:15? that is 4 1/2 hrs later than vc was supposed to play and what - 50 miles further away from athens - stop the excuses!

late
sweetpea

No excuses here buddy boy or girl. But, 4 1/2 hours later sure helps them get the roads clean. No excuses, just facts!!

I'm done with this!!

Peace Out!!!!!!

Viking_Pride
Waterboy

Post by Viking_Pride »

Judge Smales wrote:The way I understand it is that Coach Combs wants to make this game up. However, he would like to do it on a neutral floor. He has offered to play the game at Alexander but it appears that Huntington does not want to travel that far again. I also hear that OU Chillicothe is being kicked around for a possible make up location. The people at Alexander were indeed disappointed that Vinton County did not play because it would have been the best game of the day. But in no way is anyone angry and the word I get is that when the weather is bad they feel that the decision is best left to those who have to travel. No hard feelings! When this game is finally played Alexander will still recieve the proceeds. To suggest that there were other motives, whether true or not, is unfair to the kids! :!:

Very good points made here and great info.........I also agree, it IS unfair to the kids!!

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

I have been reading these posts all day, and anyone suggesting this game was cancelled for any other reason than the safety of the students should be ashamed. Vinton Co schools have always been quick to cancel school due to weather because of all the back roads within the county . To say Sotheastern and Peebles made it is not the point. Both of those schools drove major roads the entire way to the game. They dont have these back roads to contend with. I know its nice to point fingers at the team you wish you had and complain, but face it this was a call for the safety of highschool kids.

And Dshanton, Do you ride a short bus? Vc has not been crushed in districts. As I recall VC was up most of the 1st half last year (and at the half) The game was close until the 2nd half of the 4th quarter.

Viking_Pride
Waterboy

Post by Viking_Pride »

BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:I have been reading these posts all day, and anyone suggesting this game was cancelled for any other reason than the safety of the students should be ashamed. Vinton Co schools have always been quick to cancel school due to weather because of all the back roads within the county . To say Sotheastern and Peebles made it is not the point. Both of those schools drove major roads the entire way to the game. They dont have these back roads to contend with. I know its nice to point fingers at the team you wish you had and complain, but face it this was a call for the safety of highschool kids.

And Dshanton, Do you ride a short bus? Vc has not been crushed in districts. As I recall VC was up most of the 1st half last year (and at the half) The game was close until the 2nd half of the 4th quarter.

The smack about the short bus, just made me spit my Mt.Dew all over the place..............Good one!! LMAO!!!!!!!

Viking Pride!!GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Miracle City Academy is the team picked up last season. They are actually in Piketon near the Trade School on Rt 32. I was listening to this game on the radio last year and was trying to figure out who the announcers on 93.7 were talking about the Flames. Then I recognized a name on Miracle City and laughed out loud. These kids will probably never have their names announced on the radio again! :lol:

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Captain Jack wrote:Just heard. Huntington has decided they do not want to make up the game with the Vikings. However, the Flames of Miracle City have stepped up to the challenge. I believe VC will be playing Miracle City sometime over the break, at VC of course.

Not that you've ever been known to "stir the pot".....please tell me you're joking!

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

Believe it or not, the Transportation Director really does call the shots when it comes the calling off trans to a game or even school for that matter....don't know how other districts handle situations such as this but here in good old McArthur, the buck stops, starts and restarts at the Transportation Directors desk when weather is involved.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Captain Jack wrote::lol:

Yes, just messing with people. :lol: :lol:

Story of your life :lol: :lol:

I would be curious to know if/when this game(VC/Huntington) gets rescheduled. Regardless of location, etc., I really want to see this thing happen. A game like this will only help both teams come tourney time.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

vikefan wrote:Believe it or not, the Transportation Director really does call the shots when it comes the calling off trans to a game or even school for that matter....don't know how other districts handle situations such as this but here in good old McArthur, the buck stops, starts and restarts at the Transportation Directors desk when weather is involved.

This is so very true, unless things changed since, uh- uh when senior girls were in 8th grade, i coached 7th grade and he let me go to Chilli's mith middle school, but would not let 8th grade girls go to Paint Valley do to storm predictions and game times.
Yes he informed me that he, transportation director, has finAl word; which i think should be. Whose butt on the line if bus would happen to wreck due to bad road conditions from weather?
GO VIKES

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Coach Combs was actually in my office earlier this afternoon and reassured me of two very important points:

1.) VC is doing ALL that they can possibly do to get this game rescheduled on a neutral floor.

2.) Captain Jack is in serious need of an enema. :roll: :roll: :lol:

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

The enema is no problem....finding someone to administer it might be a bit of a problem.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Hawkeye Pierce maybe :?: :roll:

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

vikefan wrote:The enema is no problem....finding someone to administer it might be a bit of a problem.

Good Point!

Smales....Hawkeye could never do that.

Hawkeye is a serious guy committed to stats, stories, worldly issues....not enema stuff.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

I understand your position Ty but would'nt Captain Jack's enema be considered a worldly issue or is that a matter that is a County issue only? :?

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Judge Smales wrote:I understand your position Ty but would'nt Captain Jack's enema be considered a worldly issue or is that a matter that is a County issue only? :?

Ok, first off Smales....Referring to me, my POSITION, and the administration of an enema in the same sentence is just foul. In terms of worldly/county issue, I'm not qualified to answer that one.

I've known Pierce since he was tiny little guy in HS and I don't think he's the person for the job....Hawk is dialed in to handling the numbers stuff.

Its my life-long dream to meet CJ(maybe even get an autograph), but it hasn't happened yet. Everyone that knows him says he's a maniac, absolute party animal. Some of the basketball junkies says he walks around the gym in flowing robes and that he rarely wears underwear, but when he does its usually something kinky. :shock:

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Seriously Ty, has Pierce ever been tiny? :shock:

Please accept my sincere apologies over the POSITION comment! :oops:

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Why does it have to be played on a nuetral floor.

Good teams go anywhere to play. Your schedule is already a joke. Go play someone at their place then the game will go on for sure.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ty, normally you would be right, but to administer the enema to CJ meant saving Vinton County from future unforeseen or seen embarrassment that has spew from his arse like on so many different occasions. If the enema meant that CJ grows logic, becomes intelligent or we can all hope that he will, just maybe shut his pie hole. Well, then I will take one for the team. Who else to wade through the crap than a numbers guy. However, the enema has to be the cure all or you will not get me anywhere near that arse. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”