Huntington @ VC 12-28

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

OK, here is the truth as to how the game to be a Vinton County. Once the game was postponed many people including the Jerry Crowe of the Hoops Committee, VC's head coach Matt Combs, Huntington's head coach Rick Uhrig, VC's AD Larry Arthur worked very hard to get the game scheduled.

The date that was agreed upon by both schools was the 28th.

When discussing a neutral floor the most logical venue was OU-C. However, OU-C gave the schools an alternate date, it was unacceptable date for HHS for they had a girls schedule that date. So other venues were look at. I spoke with Larry Jordan personally and he wanted the game to be played at SE, just cover expenses and let SE keep concessions, reasonable. That information was passed on.

And then on Friday, I believe, Jerry Crowe called Larry Arthur and said the game would be at Vinton County. Mr. Arthur asked why and he was told that "Coach Uhrig wants to play at Vinton County." Why Coach Uhrig wants to play at VC he is the only who can answer that.

It was officially announced on Wednesday after everything was ironed out.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Kudos to Coach Uhrig! If you are good and confident in your team, then who cares where you play! Lace'em up and play some ball! :shock:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks for the info hawkeye (not that I needed to know anything - I figured both schools had to approve it ... both schools must be ok with the arrangements) ... glad things were worked out so both programs/schools are happy ... the fans will get their money worth ... may have to forego the trip to Marietta to see my Purple boyz take on the Tigers so I can make the short trip to VC to see this match-up ...

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

CoyDuke wrote:
However, it could get interesting if the VC guards dont step up and play better D. The last 2 games (Alex & Southeastern), good guard play has torched VC.

I was at both games over the weekend, and I was just wondering.....Who exactly torched VC? Was it Alexander scoring 38 pts, or Southeastern scoring 44? Did a guard from either of those two teams even score 15 points? I'm not saying that the Kellough boys won't "torch" the Vikings (obvioulsy they have done so to many of the teams they've played this year) but Alexander and Southeastern did not. As for the game on Friday, it should be a great one. These are two really good teams.
[/quote]

Not that I agree alot with hateraid, but last I checked guards can torch teams by more ways than scoring points (assists, rebounds etc...). VC's guards have not played to thier potential on the defensive side of the court the last few games. Opposing guards have been getting a lot of backdoors, getting into the paint opening up easy shots for others. I dont care how many points the oposition has is should have been less. And in both of these games VC pulled away in the 2nd half, not that the games were in doubt at any time, but closer in the 1st half than they shouldve been against these teams. If VC's guards do not step up and play better "D" Kellough will make them pay. I think the boys @ VC will step up and pull out the "w".
VC 66
Huntington 58

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

You know what I don't understand? This is being billed as a clash of titans and I can not find on radio station that is web-casting this game. I have tried all the stations previously mentioned and NO ONE IS caring this game not even Huntington.

If anyone out there has any infomation on someone else who may be broadcasting please let me know ASAP

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

pfloyd, I hope that you make the trip, I am looking forward to meeting you. I will be in Logan tomorrow for the Lady Vikings match-up against Fairfield Union in the Logan Holiday Classic. Then I will race down 93 to get this triple-header and take my seat at the scorers' table (I keep the clock) and watch what I hope is three Viking victories.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... hawk if the "pfloyd ho" (tahoe that is) stays straight on 93 I'll make sure I stop by the scorers table to introduce myself ... if not tomorrow night (due to the 'ho heading for Marietta instead LOL) - I plan on coming down on Saturday night for the Jackson game ...

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I will be there, same BAT seat, same BAT channel.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

PFloyd...how can you pass up #3 vs #4?...and so close with your poor gas mileage!

Sounds to me like he's avoiding you hawkeye! (He is probably a closet Huntington fan)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I bleed Purple I92 ... may ruffle feathers in the hood if I don't go to Marietta LOL ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vinton County is close to purple.

He's clearly avoiding you hawkeye.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

akwhitewater- WKKJ out of Chillicothe does SVC league games and tournament games, but no non-league games until the tournament.

I thought that there was a station that covered Vinton County, but I must have been mistaken.

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Post by Senator Tressel »

vc is usually on 98.7 or 97.7. hawkeye should of informed all of u of that but he has a busy sch. an tends 2 forget, he spends alot of time in the gym, an hes not working out while hes in the gym lol. I think VC wins with size all around. inside opens up the outside game. Would someone tell combs that ?? GO VIKINGS!!!!!

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

Senator Tressel wrote: Would someone tell combs that ?? !!!

OH NO YOU DID NOT! How can you say the coach needs pointers? VC is on a 38 or so winning streak, I think Combs is doing fine! :)
Hawkeye, I thought Alexander was taking this event over? They should bring the gate workers and clock workers.

Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Post by Senator Tressel »

LOL that got a few fired up. Got everyone off of the topic of the game bein at VC an so on. I like Matt and think he has done a super job. I just like to razz him alittle bit. No harm intended.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Does anyone have the call signs for 98.7 or 97.7? such as WATH......etc...

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

The call letters for 98.7 F.M. is WYRO and 97.7 F.M. is WCJO. Unfortunately, their schedule is made before the season begins and they will not deviate from it so unfortunately this game will not be broadcast on either of those two stations! Go figure! :cry:

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Thanks for the infor Judge, I will quit banging my head against the wall.... please if anyone is at the game please send updates often....... this includes the JV game if someone would please get me updates I would really appreciate it !

Return to “Boys Basketball”