Post by hardfowl »

Eaglepapaw,

Do you mean Cameron Bolin?

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Hardfowl wrote:Eaglepapaw,

Do you mean Cameron Bolin?

Yes I didn't hear his last name but I know he was a Freshman named Cameron.I was talking to his Dad after the game and he said there were two of his sons on the team

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

good game i worry about playing someone who has a ref's poster up with the words 6th man but that's just me. i would say it was called down the middle maybe leaning towards meigs. chris goode had a monster game but the so did sims(?). you look like you really miss your man in the middle. not the same 30 point blow out.cameron played well but i do not know if i would play him varsity 4 and jv 1 too much on those tiny shoulders i think. not my call talk to the coach. any agreement?

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

fasteach i was going to say the same thing about the poster...but thats that......both teams played well.....cameron bolin did a very good job for the marauders ...better then many of ppl thought he would do......wat was that T. foul at the start of the game before tip off about??

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Congratulations to the Belpre Eagles......A great win tonight......Alot of guys are stepping up to the plate, playing as a team. Hope Scott Loyland will be ok......Congrats to the players of the game......
Freshman Tyler Watkins for Belpre and Freshman Cameron Bolen for Meigs......

Good Luck to the Eagles at Warren sat night......

GO EAGLES

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i think dominique well hung on the rim during warm ups. i wonder does he think his 2 point T was the winning margin. you have got to play 32 minutes. lots of talent....

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

fasteach wrote:good game i worry about playing someone who has a ref's poster up with the words 6th man but that's just me. i would say it was called down the middle maybe leaning towards meigs. chris goode had a monster game but the so did sims(?). you look like you really miss your man in the middle. not the same 30 point blow out.cameron played well but i do not know if i would play him varsity 4 and jv 1 too much on those tiny shoulders i think. not my call talk to the coach. any agreement?

I agree with you on a couple of points fasteach. We certainly did miss Micah in the middle because # 42 was having his way inside when Meigs pulled away. I also think that Reggie Sims played a heck of a game before fouling out on a couple of questionable calls.He was the key to bringing Belpre back from the 11 point deficit after halftime.I thought he was the player of the game for Belpre although Tyler played very well.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

that is what i thought i said sims had a heck of a game and at least a few of the fouls where ticky/tacky especially for the home court. some i would have simply not called and some that could go either way. i hope i did not imply anything. again if anything meigs got a few calls. this does not however take away from what chris(42) did. he was terrific. do not tell his mom she hates me!

bogo
Riding the Bench

Post by bogo »

It was just a few days ago there was lots of belpre fans talking about coach Plummer and what a bad job he was doing, looks like he has things going his way now, they won't have a great record this year but this could be a start of a good thing. It's amazing how a few wins can shut up the knowitalls

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

To be totally honest I think refs were pretty bad. Again I am not a basketball player but dang. However, I think they were bad both ways. So at least they were consitant....lol..There were alot of ticky tacky fouls both ways. I think both schools knew that.
It was one heck of a game down to the last seconds. Great Job Belpre and Meigs fans like us love to see these games.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Wow, only a 3 point loss and missing some players? Sounds like Meigs could have won this one.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Scott Loyland went down in the 3rd quarter with an injury and Reggie Sims fouled out at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Belpre was playing a senior, a junior a sophomore and 2 freshman the last 6 and a half minutes of the game, when they came back. Sims could of easily had maybe 30 points in this game if he was not in foul trouble. Meigs has improved greatly since the last meeting with belpre. Coach Ewing is doing a great job, i think belpre got caught looking ahead to there big showdown against warren tomorrow also, but meigs played hard and a very talented team. Final was 82-79 i think, Meigs had a 14 point lead at one time, but belpre battled back. GREAT WIN for the Eagles, now lets do the same at warren tomorrow, and scott i hope you are ok.

GO EAGLES!!

BELFAN4EVER
Waterboy

Post by BELFAN4EVER »

I do not think Belpre was looking ahead, they are playing to much
playground ball and not as a team. Things had better change for tonight
or it will be a blow-out. You have to get your best shooter[Lynch] the
ball when he is open and that opens the game for others. Meigs has
improved and coach Ewing is doing a great job, more than I can say
for are coaching staff. Belpre was out coached in these game just like
so many times these year. I think Plumber likes playing head games
with high school kids, grow-up and be a man.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Prodigy wrote:
Final was 82-79 i think,

My bad on the score,it was 82-79. I must have had a "papaw alzheimers moment". Nevertheless it was a good game by both teams,they both played hard and showed they could both come back from deficits and play without key players.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

BELFAN4EVER wrote:I do not think Belpre was looking ahead, they are playing to much
playground ball and not as a team. Things had better change for tonight
or it will be a blow-out. You have to get your best shooter[Lynch] the
ball when he is open and that opens the game for others. Meigs has
improved and coach Ewing is doing a great job, more than I can say
for are coaching staff. Belpre was out coached in these game just like
so many times these year. I think Plumber likes playing head games
with high school kids, grow-up and be a man.

BELFAN4EVER,
your comment and or opinions are so off the wall one has to laugh at it. Your observations of the coaches are disrepectful and in my opinion uncalled for. Have you ever coached? I have and some kids listen and some don't that is just a fact of life.
Not to down Mr. Lynch but to say he is the best shooter maybe true but last night he was not on. I do think there was some bad shots takin by all last night but they did come out with the win and that is what matters. Some of the attitudes on the team from my observation are not the best. Why aren't your comment or opinions not in a positive or constructive type?
There is alot of room for improvement for the team and hopefully that will come with time. Your comment on giving Lynch the ball is the best thing for the team is so incorrect. This is a team sport. IMO there is to much of everyone on the team pushing the ball and trying to score rather than setting things up for a good shot by whomever.

M&M
Waterboy

Post by M&M »

I went out to watch a good friends boy play in Racine last night and I'll tell ya' what Meigs fans, it's a good thing we wont see Fed Hock again this year.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

fed hoc vs. meigs was a blow out just in case you did not see that. i would hope meigs would play them again.

M&M
Waterboy

Post by M&M »

I was at the game back on the 8th. As a Marauder fan, I was a little embarrassed by the "home court advantage" and I also recall a few of their starters going down with injuries.

After watching Fed Hock play again last night, I wouldn't want to play them up there or on neutral floor in the near future. JMO.

Return to “Boys Basketball”