Waterford @ Eastern(Meigs) 2/5

BUNYAN banner
Waterboy

Post by BUNYAN banner »

Yea great prediction, I definently don't see Waterford going to far in the tourney. Cunningham is supposed to be some great player, but it sounds like he struggled with a six footer(Rawson). Rawson is a tough hardnosed player, but what happens to Cunningham when he faces a player like Rawson that is 6'5"? And Lynch must have played a great game as well. It sound like Waterfords point guard had a tough time containing him.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Cunningham missed a dunk on the first possesion of the game...and had (not positive) 2 points in the first half. He was shut down...and Didn't even get into foul trouble. He played basically the entire game. Rawson didn't back down from him and scored on him very frequently. Eastern also did a good job of making FREE THROWS tonight.

BUNYAN banner
Waterboy

Post by BUNYAN banner »

Eastern played very Mature for a young team.

WCatFan
Waterboy

Post by WCatFan »

Eastern played a very good game. Congrats to Coach Caldwell and his team. Its a shame the students from Eastern have no class and it showed by their behavior tonight. Good luck to Eastern on the tourney trail.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

WCatFan wrote:Eastern played a very good game. Congrats to Coach Caldwell and his team. Its a shame the students from Eastern have no class and it showed by their behavior tonight. Good luck to Eastern on the tourney trail.

Whoa, thats a pretty bold statement with the, 'no class' remark. I heard some yelling going on back and forth between EHS students and Waterford PARENTS...so lets not go saying one or the other have no class...thats a little harsh--and anyway, whats basketball without arguing in the stands??? :lol:

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

What kind of defense did each team play?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Big win for the eagles, nice job! After the Fed Hock victory over H2OFord last Friday, RANDOMGUY was threatening suicide. After this upset last night, I hope that he's not in the Washington County morgue on a slab :shock: :shock: :shock:

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

crabbycrabs wrote:Couldn't make it to this game, was really excited (surprised) to read that the boys got the big W. great time to start pulling together..

Eagle82 - let me in on the winning secrets... Did coach C not do any YELLING? Change his coaching style after 30 some years? this is what you said had to be done in order for the boys to play like they want.
If he changed anything hope he keeps it going for Friday's game , will be a BIG one in the eagle nest.
I have to work again, kinda feeling a little sick, might have to use some sick time to see this one......

The coach did allright last nite. Any more questions?

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

futurebkstar wrote:What kind of defense did each team play?

They both played man to man to man, zone, one three one, and box and one.

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

Steely Dan wrote:Big win for the eagles, nice job! After the Fed Hock victory over H2OFord last Friday, RANDOMGUY was threatening suicide. After this upset last night, I hope that he's not in the Washington County morgue on a slab :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hey Steely, I'm not dead yet!!! I must have been misunderstood, I was sick as in the flu, not due to Waterford's egg. I do appreciate your concern, but lets think about it.

If I die who will be incharge of inserting witty, rational, yet sometimes retarted banter. Also Trimble's alum may be able to propagandize more of our young people to believe that they are a powerhouse in every sport every year.

Whoever said, "It's not wether you win or lose, it's how you play the game," was a
LOSER!!
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

You're killing me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

I can safely say that is the first time I have ever heard or seen the word "propagandize" in a sentence. Good one...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

G W McLintock wrote:I can safely say that is the first time I have ever heard or seen the word "propagandize" in a sentence. Good one...

You know, the more I look at it, the more I think it is missing a sylable...

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I've seen the Eastern students section this year and I think they do a great job. Just because waterford doesn't have any student support or if the school doesn't let them get involved is no reason to take it out on Easterns kids. Look at Jackson, Logan, Belpre and 3 or or 4 years ago Federal Hocking had one of the biggest and best student section around. All those places lined the floor, they taunted and teased and cheered just as a student section should. It's all about the kids. Isn't that part of High School?

Sounds like sour grapes picking on the student section just because your team didn't step up. Blame your players and Coach not the other teams student section.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

In most cases a good student section can change the outcome of the game if they can get under the other teams skin. That is a sign of a good one.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Uhhhhhooooooo :!: ;-)

Return to “Boys Basketball”