Waterboy

Re: Warren 08-09

Post by WHSBaller27 »

i heard fivecoat hand is back to normal and he should be fine

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

Heard the hand will be ready in about a week, but he's unable to go this week in tryouts.

some fans might enjoy this Warren Bball vid....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fO86syLMq8

i apologize for the lyrical rap content. just turn down the sound if u wish.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

TT, nice video. That was the "dunk of the year" for Craig.

Wolfe is not playing. Fivecoait will be ready to go on the 11th (first day of tryouts).

Someone will have to step-up and fill the gap left by Wolfe. He was strong around the basket and could give you 10 points a game easily. I'd say it will have to be Seth Harris.

So, it looks like (SRs) Hebb, Hoon, Anderson, (JRs) Fivecoait, Ellenwood, Lang, Harris, (SOs) Venham, Cunningham & Hilverding are the players that will carry the Warren banner this year. I don't know if anyone else will break into the varsity rotation.

They ran last night and were in the gym at 6:45a this morning. Here we go . . .

blueonefan
Waterboy

Post by blueonefan »

who will be starting 5?? hebb, venham, hoon, cunningham, fivecoat

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

That sounds about right.

Hebb and Venham, I think have spots locked up, Fivecoait probably does, too.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

Hebb and Venham will still have to earn their spots...but they are great players who will be on the court quite a bit for the warriors this year. All these juniors have put in their time and I wish a great senior year for all of them. However, the success of the team depends largely on underclassmen this year. I know everyone has the games against Washington County teams circled on the calender....I can't wait for some hoops!!! Work hard in conditioning and practice, everyone has bigger roles this year....it's too early to name a starting five.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

TT is correct, I've never seen Maddox give anyone a pass.

I understand Hoon is a little dinged up (a knee?). Hopefully he'll be okay for tryouts next Monday. Only a week and a day from the first scrimmage. One more weekend to relax, then b-ball is officially ON.

llabteksab
Waterboy

Post by llabteksab »

Pfloyd has warren 1 out of the elite 8 but almost at the bottom of the S.E.O.A.L work hard boys.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

llabteksab wrote:Pfloyd has warren 1 out of the elite 8 but almost at the bottom of the S.E.O.A.L work hard boys.

How does that work? there are what 2 or 3 DI schools the SEOAL plus they are probably behind Chilli.
I see them in the middle of the league at worst.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I have the Warren Warriors of Coach Maddox sitting in the "ready to move" slot outside of the Elite 8 ... IF you take the Elite 8 , dump the rest of Southern/Southeastern Ohio which would leave ONLY the SEOAL it would show overall (combined North & South Divisions) :

1. Chillicothe
2. Zanesville
3. Ironton
4. Portsmouth
5. Warren
6. Logan
7. Marietta
8. Jackson
9. Gallia Academy

split out the divisions :

North

Zanesville
Warren
Logan
Marietta

South

Chillicothe
Ironton
Portsmouth
Jackson
Gallia Academy

... based on my old, beat up, 35 year old Ouija Board - it looks about right to start the season or in the preseason ... ALL the teams will have to do it on the court ... Ironton and Portsmouth have as much talent as anyone in the league or maybe even all teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line BUT if the play as a bunch of individuals vs playing as a TEAM especially on the defensive end both will end up .500 ball clubs ... I wouldn't get too bent out of shape with where the Big Bad Blue starts the season - it's where they end the season, after letting their play do the talking, that counts ...

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

I hope I didn't offend you. I was just curious how it would work.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... SE ... no offense taken at all ... when I put anything on seops it's ALWAYS up for disagreement by any and all ... I'm not that thin skinned LOL ... I take nothing personally on my end - I can always blame any mistakes I make on the "committee of one" LOL ...

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

pfloyd wrote:... SE ... no offense taken at all ... when I put anything on seops it's ALWAYS up for disagreement by any and all ... I'm not that thin skinned LOL ... I take nothing personally on my end - I can always blame any mistakes I make on the "committee of one" LOL ...

I'm very impressed with the list. How many hours a week goes into it? Including time spent at games.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... my goal every season is to see play ALL of the teams on the list - Elite 8, Treehuggers and End Table teams - obviously it's impossible for one person to do BUT I do see biggest chunk of all the teams - I especially like the early season "tip off classics" ... I always head for Zane Trace and their 2 day event, with an eye on the Chillicothe get together, the Athens Shriner Preview, as many of the Logan scrimmages I can as they play many of the teams not in the SEOAL but still in the area, the Convo December all day Saturday games ... it's great stuff , lots of talent, great coaching at the top in all leagues ... it's many, many hours of great stuff, I like to think I have a good feel for the hoops in Southern/Southeastern Ohio by the time the show makes it to the Convo in March ... the 3 Weeks of the Convo in March is a never ending high of high school hoops (and Hungry Howies pizza LOL) ...

... it's a great time of the year for me ... besides what else does an old, dude like me have to do ? LOL ...

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Try-outs start tomorrow!

k k ann
Waterboy

Post by k k ann »

Tryouts last all week?

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

pfloyd, great work. you are my idol.
my beef is with your seaol north
zanesville, logan, and warren will battle for a bid to the league championship

seoal order of finish...

1.Warren
2.Chillicothe
3.Zanesville
4.Portsmouth
5.Logan
6.Ironton
7.Marietta
8.Gallia
9.Jackson

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Warren will be right there competing with the same ol' players that have come up through the system (i.e., no strategic move-ins for the Warriors).

They will be in the mix for sure.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Warren will not come close to the competivive team they had last year. They will not have the team speed or strengh, nor will they be as physical. Warren would have won the seoal if it were not for chilli and zanesville having such exceptional athletes returning. just a fluke and bad luck for such good players from warren last year. Warren has no real dominate players now and will have a hard time competing with the upper teams in the seoal. I see warren going maybe 9-11 OR 10-10.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

When has Warren had dominant players? Warren plays team basketball, and they play it well. The varsity players this year are excellent players who have been successful at every level, just like all the players that have preceded them. Warren had 7 SRs last year, which meant there wasn't a lot of room in the rotation for the underclassmen, but that doesn't mean that the cupboard is bare (by a long shot). Have you seen this year's team? I don't think you have, because you wouldn't be making comments about a lack of strength and physical play if you had watched them. I know you are hoping for a downturn, but it ain't happening.

Return to “Boys Basketball”