Logan coach steps down

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan coach steps down

Post by pfloyd »

ChieftainGrad135 wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... I'd like to see Ryan Montgomery - the Freshmen coach from last season get an opportunity to direct the Logan Program - young, will stay in Logan for the foreseeable future, TEACHES at the high school , see's the players daily, worked under Coach Kellough's system - learned a great deal about coaching this past season, and he does/would do a great job imo ... if he had Coach Walsh as the centerpiece for his coaching staff - good things would happen and continue to happen for Logan hoops ...

... just my 2 cents worth looking down the road ...

My point exactly pfloyd! He has the obvious passion for the game and a passion for the youth of the game/our community. He is invested in the community. His wife is an elementary school teacher in the district I believe as well. He is exactly the type of person we need. Hopefully he gets an opportunity to interview and a shot.
... I'm with you on this one ChieftainGrad135 ... as always we will have to sit back and wait for the next episode of "How the World Turns" LOL ... BUT they (whoever THEY are) need to get this done "yesterday", take the talk off the street, get a teacher/coach onboard so that the summer is planned out, individual practices/open gyms, shootouts, scrimmages, OU camp or other camp scheduled ... April/May/June outlined on a calendar for players, parents to be informed about ...

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

pfloyd wrote:
ChieftainGrad135 wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... I'd like to see Ryan Montgomery - the Freshmen coach from last season get an opportunity to direct the Logan Program - young, will stay in Logan for the foreseeable future, TEACHES at the high school , see's the players daily, worked under Coach Kellough's system - learned a great deal about coaching this past season, and he does/would do a great job imo ... if he had Coach Walsh as the centerpiece for his coaching staff - good things would happen and continue to happen for Logan hoops ...

My point exactly pfloyd! He has the obvious passion for the game and a passion for the youth of the game/our community. He is invested in the community. His wife is an elementary school teacher in the district I believe as well. He is exactly the type of person we need. Hopefully he gets an opportunity to interview and a shot.
... I'm with you on this one ChieftainGrad135 ... as always we will have to sit back and wait for the next episode of "How the World Turns" LOL ... BUT they (whoever THEY are) need to get this done "yesterday", take the talk off the street, get a teacher/coach onboard so that the summer is planned out, individual practices/open gyms, shootouts, scrimmages, OU camp or other camp scheduled ... April/May/June outlined on a calendar for players, parents to be informed about ...

POINT ON get someone young bold and has the guts to stand up for his program and do it his way!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i forgot about ryan montgomery. i wouldnt mind him either.

AT THE RESERVATION
duck42
Waterboy

Post by duck42 »

I guess if we are going to put forth a name I might suggest Bobby Cassady. Has coached the 7th grade boys, the freshman boys, the last several years the Logan JV boys , has a Masters degree in coaching, has a definite passion for the game and I personally like his coaching style. He has not been interviewed for the position I believe in any previous year.

Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

I would like to see Eric Mitchell apply and get the position. Has a passion for the game and I know the kids loved playing for him. My son says he was the best coach he had at NY.
Go Chiefs !!!
Last edited by Corso on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

anyone hear anything new on this one?

AT THE RESERVATION
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Maybe waiting on the new Supt to be named!

ChieftainGrad135
Riding the Bench

Post by ChieftainGrad135 »

Nothing new....seems to be all quiet on The Reservation.

LHS72, the new Supt was already announced.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

LHS 72 wrote:Maybe waiting on the new Supt to be named!

Uhhhh superintendent was named 3 weeks ago........ :o

They have over 40 applications and I am certain of the front runner. But my guess is they are going to take their time and get it right. They have a few weeks before the summer schedule starts and they have capable assistants to run open gyms now.

Live Like A Champion!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

ChieftainGrad135 wrote:Nothing new....seems to be all quiet on The Reservation.

LHS72, the new Supt was already announced.
Man must not have made headline in the Local rag, I don't get the rag all the time

Eastern EaglePapaw
Waterboy

Post by Eastern EaglePapaw »

Koondogger wrote:I still think me and Reuben kittle take the Chiefs deep in the tourney on a yearly basis.
Just leave Howie out of this conversation. We hope he takes the girls job at eaatern

Don't worry.....I hate Belpre.
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Howie is old school and he would need a lot of leeway and history has proven parents have a low tolerance level for old school coaching.

Live Like A Champion!
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

LogangradKD wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:Maybe waiting on the new Supt to be named!

Uhhhh superintendent was named 3 weeks ago........ :o

They have over 40 applications and I am certain of the front runner. But my guess is they are going to take their time and get it right. They have a few weeks before the summer schedule starts and they have capable assistants to run open gyms now.
I've heard the something.

AT THE RESERVATION
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... last years freshmen coach Ryan Montgomery is running the open gyms at this time ... who are some of the potential interviewees for the Logan head coach position ? teasing with the frontrunner is ????? ...

... I have not heard anything and I'm IN the building ! LOL ... I guess that means I have more pressing things to be thinking about than who gets the HS coaching position ... 40 people ??????????? I doubt that number ...

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

My boy would be a great choice but he hasn't stepped down at his current job yet. It's almost time though and then he will be testing free agency.

ChieftainGrad135
Riding the Bench

Post by ChieftainGrad135 »

Yeah....I doubt the 40 number as well. I think anything at this point is speculation. However, they need to get this figured out sooner rather than later. This isn't Dublin. Get a young coach, invest in them, and develop the program.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Doubt it or not; that number came right from the person getting the applications. Take out about half for guys who apply for everything that is open on OHSAA and that sounds about right.

Live Like A Champion!
Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Must have been a nice number of applications . It appears it was removed from the OHSAA site. Logan will be a premier position for someone . Great facilities ,fans and great kids!!!!!!!!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logan is a great opportunity for someone. What happened the past 2 seasons is a black mark but nothing that cant be moved on from. If they have removed the openings from OHSAA my guess is interviews are ready to be had. I wouldnt be surprised to see someone named next week if they are in this phase now but who knows....
Lots of names being thrown around I hear with alot of past varsity coaching experience. Logan needs to allow the next coach to coach; worry free, no parental input on how things need to be handled, no input on who should be playing where. Let the man coach and you be a parent and a fan. If not then the last 2 years will never go away in my opinion. It will just be a cycle that keeps repeating.

Live Like A Champion!
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wonder if the youth leagues will go back to the way they were before Kellough took over ?

Return to “Boys Basketball”