Brown and Harris and Roberts will play great
down inside big John will dominate
southern is the mower eastern is the grass
tornadoes will kick some eagle @$$

I smell bad
Varsity

Re: Eastern @ Southern

Post by I smell bad »

I bet you people are happy that it is basketball season for you. Guess you have never felt what it is like to have extra football games at the end of the season. :mrgreen:

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Eastern actually did make the playoffs in 2001

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Post by Cobra »

Binary wrote:Yes, they are still talking about themselves from what I have seen. I could see if they actually won a state championship. Maybe wear the championship rings and have an annual reunion. But to harp about it and re-live an almost championship from 26 years ago is a little much IMO. I mean what effect could the almost championship team have on this seasons game?

I am sure the 3 point line would have made a difference for a lot of teams back then. Unless they only awarded the extra point per made shot to Southern, I don't see how you can say that would have resulted in an actual championship.

Maybe I am wrong, but you must not have ever been a part of a team that made it to state.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Yes you are wrong, and instead of being satisfied with "almost winning it" and bragging about it every chance I get, I realize those days are long passed. I opt to live in the present day.

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Post by Cobra »

One more post then I will stay out, someone posted that there is no progress at Southern. My arguement is this:
1. Until this past season Southern never had a real coach. Yes a few vey basetball smart guys, but not a real coaach.
2. With Coach Jeff Caldwell Southern showed signs of major improvement last year. IF Caldwell keeps things in this pattern Southern could be respected once agian.

Thats my major arguements from the outside looking in, but I do wish good luck to Jeff Caldwell and his team.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Binary wrote:Yes you are wrong, and instead of being satisfied with "almost winning it" and bragging about it every chance I get, I realize those days are long passed. I opt to live in the present day.

What state team did you play on? When someone tries to punk your team and you give facts that is not bragging. Southern had a winning season last year. The first one in about four years. That is progress,I look for them to continue to win.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Archbold.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Koondogger-How is 13-9 one game over .500? What point are you making running a team down that beat you 3 times last year?

Binary- What year did you play for Archbold? Is that how it is spelled? I go to alot of state games I might have seen you play. I guess living in the present is good. Coming from Archbold? and posting on a Southern-Eastern site.

Good luck to the 2008-09 Southern Tornadoes this season. I am done talking on here. What people say on here does'nt mean anything. What you do on the floor is all that really matters. Nobody can change that . Records and facts are what they are. Go Tornadoes

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Hopper, it is clowns like you who make me chuckle. You have one good season in school history, and that is all you talk about for the rest of your life. While the rest of us move on, and try to experience other things. As for me, the only explanation I will give you is the same I posted on an earlier thread. Due to employment, I was relocated to this area. Also, I really don't understand why all of you guys who are stuck in your glory days are continually trying to figure out who people are on here. Especially since it is against the rules. Yes, Archbold is spelled correctly. If you have seen them, you well know I could get on here and talk at length about the history of success at my school. But I have chosen to move on. As for you saying you won't be back, I agree with the previous poster in saying, "you'll be back."

fluffykitten
Waterboy

Post by fluffykitten »

koondogger wrote:
Hopper 11 wrote:Koondogger-How is 13-9 one game over .500? What point are you making running a team down that beat you 3 times last year?

Binary- What year did you play for Archbold? Is that how it is spelled? I go to alot of state games I might have seen you play. I guess living in the present is good. Coming from Archbold? and posting on a Southern-Eastern site.

Good luck to the 2008-09 Southern Tornadoes this season. I am done talking on here. What people say on here does'nt mean anything. What you do on the floor is all that really matters. Nobody can change that . Records and facts are what they are. Go Tornadoes

Youll be back..... :mrgreen:

..after we spank you to apologize to Trimble for not seeing our greatness

Just my thoughst guys

trimble isnt gods gift to every high school sport
just thought you might want to know..JUST MY THOUGHTS YOU GUYS!!!!

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

We know, we know, Southern is. :122245

GREEN EAGLE
Waterboy

Post by GREEN EAGLE »

Oh yea, well all you people wait till Howie brings his troops to play you. FEAR THE STOMP! Oh yea, and nobody better call him Gilligan either. I have an unpleasant surprise for those who do not heed my warning.

Eagles only ones who will DUNK1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Michelangelo
Waterboy

Post by Michelangelo »

Who lives in the past??? Every team that has ever one in a sport re-lives their past greatness. Eastern, Southern, alomost every team lives in the past and the season before.

Calvin1
Waterboy

Post by Calvin1 »

[color=#FF80FF]Hey Trimble, i saw some of your football players, they were big and sweaty, and i wonder if your basketball shorts are and short???

After the game, their is a party at Calvin's!!!

Its going to be Super!!!!

GO [color=#408040]Eastern!!!!!
[/color][/color]

DGK
Waterboy

Post by DGK »

Binary wrote:Hopper, it is clowns like you who make me chuckle. You have one good season in school history, and that is all you talk about for the rest of your life. While the rest of us move on, and try to experience other things. As for me, the only explanation I will give you is the same I posted on an earlier thread. Due to employment, I was relocated to this area. Also, I really don't understand why all of you guys who are stuck in your glory days are continually trying to figure out who people are on here. Especially since it is against the rules. Yes, Archbold is spelled correctly. If you have seen them, you well know I could get on here and talk at length about the history of success at my school. But I have chosen to move on. As for you saying you won't be back, I agree with the previous poster in saying, "you'll be back."

Thats funny you say Southern has had only one good season. Thats why they're in the top ten in victories in the state of ohio all time. I didn't realize meigs county had such a high employment rate. Did you really play for Archbold? Why won't you say what year you played?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Cause he is full of it!!! :lol:

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

DGK, first of all I didn't say I relocated to Racine. You need to get out some. The Southeastern part of Ohio has some civilized areas outside those city limits you have confined yourself to. Secondly, where I am from the season is not a success unless you at least reach the state tournament. Also, where I am from we have 4 years of high school, so which year are you asking about? Not that I will answer you as I am enjoying your efforts too much. Finally, I understand that you people stay in high school for, well I will just say several years, but the rest of us move on. So enjoy yourself by trying to figure out who I am, or what years I played. Those days are long in the past for me. But I am proud of you if you were on that one good team your school had 30 years ago. Can we please read about it again? Enjoy your day reliving the past. :122245

Calvin1
Waterboy

Post by Calvin1 »

I Love Eastern. Their Super Duper, they are so graceful in their eagle uniforms, they make me want to soar away and become an Eagle!!!

Go Eastern
You guys are my hero's, not like Southern their a bunch of Zero's.

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

TEAM
Wins, All-Time (minimum 1100)
1 1,732 Canton McKinley
2 1,436 Archbold
3 1,418 Newark
4 1,372 Mansfield Senior
5 1,365 Middletown
6 1,363 Canal Winchester