Will we ever have a state champ

Regionalchamps2011
Waterboy

Re: Will we ever have a state champ

Post by Regionalchamps2011 »

art_vandelay wrote:peake hit nail on the head...this thread is nothing but a passive-agressive swipe at Oak Hill and South Webster to somehow discredit their trophys. What a joke.

As for the '96 North Adams team, that was an absolute blown call (everyone in St. John arena knew the buzzer had sounded before the shot went up). Was a shame for North Adams b/c that still one of the best seOhio teams I ever seen. Copas was a baller.*

he sure was..........
Last edited by Regionalchamps2011 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Gasisontheright wrote:I think even the Waterloo Wonders in 33 & 34 had a "move-in" from Cadmus.
Love it!

Regionalchamps2011
Waterboy

if i remember right.....someone watched the video, and timed the shot....i think he said the shot was around 1.5 seconds AFTER the buzzer.....that is a lifetime in basketball

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

And no rioting, burning and looting occurred?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I watched the game tape of the North Adams game and it was 100% no doubt a blown call but around 1/2 second after the buzzer....which is also how long it took the refs to get off the floor.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Swanker Pine wrote:And no rioting, burning and looting occurred?
No, the Northern Adams county folk are good Christian people, but 15 years later they still are bitter (do not blame them)about it as it is most definitely basketball world in that area.

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Post by classof79_whs »

Warren Warriors. This Year. This is the Time. THE TIME. LET"S DO IT

Regionalchamps2011
Waterboy

all shl fans are respectful.....we had pretty much the whole town up in columbus last yr for regionals....and the horrible-horrible non call of the harvest prep player standing out of bounds with the ball in his hands was a crucial possession in the game....and as a whole we "kept it together" but someone said even the c-103 guys seen it and they were pretty far from the court.....was a great picture ( all things considering ) of half his foot out of bounds and holding the ball....could of changed the game, they ended up scoring a few seconds later ( was about a minute to go in regulation ) travis "ice cold " combs hit 2 3's ( only 1 counted lol ) to send it to overtime...... given the economy of adams county and the distances we have to travel to the convo, i think the SHL has some of the best fans around...peebles and manchester were pretty much playing "home" games in athens last yr even though it was 95 miles away

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Southern made it to the state final four in 1980 and the state championship in 1982 with all home grown players that played together from grade school up but lost to private schools both times.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I forgot Webster had to bring a guy in from Serbia to win the title. Mr. Ivan Nunijc

Return to “Boys Basketball”