Best Big Men in Area

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Best Big Men in Area

Post by trojandave »

6-4 Dion McKinley plays DE in football, 6-4 Tre Underwood plays MLB, 6-5 Casey Sanders is OT/NG and 6-5 Kyle Ratliff plays DL/OL........Portsmouth will have good depth on the frontline as well as kids who will be in shape and much stronger by the time hoops season comes.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

I think we can now have a better assessment of this as we enter just past the midway point of the season. I still maintain Dion Mckinley and Tre Underwood are 2 of the better bigs in Southeast Ohio. And they aint even played that much yet together. Individually I believe Tre's averaged around 13 points close to 10 boards a game. Not sure on the exact numbers. And Dion just joined the Trojans a few games back with a high of 21 the other night against Jackson. He'll only get better. What you guys think?????

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

David Sutton. Skinny and Lanky but he can jump high and hard. when he gets the ball inside its pretty much going in.

MENTALIST
Waterboy

Post by MENTALIST »

NOAH GUTHRIE TRIMBLE

buckey fan
Waterboy

Post by buckey fan »

jgordon0315,
If you want to see another good big man flying under the radar, go watch the transfer to Chesapeake. The Kennedy kid is flat out intimidating on defence. I hear he already has 45 to 50
blocked shots in 13 games. I did get to see him against Stegman. He scored more points and held Stegman to about 10 and blocked a couple of his shots.
I was told Kennedy averages about 14 points, 8 rebounds and 3.5 blks per game, since starting
earlier in year. He can shoot the trey, dribble drive, and is beginning to develop good moves around the basket.
You need to see him pay too!

L.R. Faires
Waterboy

Post by L.R. Faires »

Noah Guthrie from Trimble has the best upside of any I have seen this year. I know the posters are going to bring up his foul problems, but still has good numbers and is a junior. Look for big things the rest of the year and the tourney. Good luck to all the big fellas in the area.

bucksfan23
Waterboy

Post by bucksfan23 »

These are all good big men but it's hard not to include the trio from Waverly of Derek Roback, Harrison Martin and Jake Kretzer. Roback has twice this year shut down Stegman as well as other big men in the SOC. Martin is a force on the inside scoring with his ability to score with either hand and Kretzer has the ability to score from outside or inside utilizing his 6'6'' frame. I'm not knocking these others as they are all very talented but feel these three need to be mentioned as well.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Kennedy and Saunders aint bad for Peake. They keep rebounding well and solid defense. And Evan Salyers for Fairland is solid. He's only a sophomore as well.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

If London keeps progressing as his career moves on he'll be the cream of the crop. He's still raw as a sophomore but you can see him making strides. Again he needs to bulk up but let's not act like the kid is gonna be Shaq. He doesn't have the frame. At worse he's a great defender. We'll see what he can add to his game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

haven't seen him play but what does the big boy from Marietta need?
What grade is he in?

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Mikey Johnson, Titus Pierce Reedsville Eastern

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

In my opinion the big boy from Marietta needs A LOT! Malik London is the best defensive big man in the SE District hands down! Just think though he's only a SOPHMORE!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Well David had something like 15 points last night and a whole bunch of rebounds.

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

Hank Leslie, Northwest.

Return to “Boys Basketball”