Eastern Eagles OH NINE - Ten

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Re: Eastern Eagles OH NINE - Ten

Post by Eagle eye »

Starting lineup is cake: (1) Thornsberry, (2) Lawhorn, (3) McVey, (4) Wheeler, (5) Montgomery. Whom to bring off the bench, and at what time, is the tricky part with this team. I think there are some guards with more experience but less talent, and I think the same about the post players. It's up to the coach to decide if he wants to utilize the talent or the experience.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Is the Edler kid playing this year? Also...How good of a ball handler is Hawks? The Eagles shold go 9 or 10 deep this season.Cant wait til December.

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

I hope no one gets upset with me, but I feel like this will really help the Eagles. I noticed several kids were out of shape and didn't have great endurance last year. If you see this, coach Fitch, I think you should consider incorporating more endurance drills in conditioning/practice. I don't want to tell anyone how to do their job, I'm just a fan sharing my opinion. I think a few other people may have noticed this last year too. Thanks for the consideration.

Good luck, EAGLES!

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

I know the boys have worked extra hard over the summer to get in shape. I agree that at times last year they didn't look like they were in very good shape for basketball season. Several of the boys have worked on their strength, conditioning and endurance while at the school and on their own. I don't see conditioning being a problem this year for the eagles. They should have a great year ahead of them.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Im an Western fan my sons play out here but i think you guys are the favorites in the league this year if the boys play hard for your coach i think the skies the limit for you theres a lot of tallent over there now and for the next few years.

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

i think they will be ok but they will have some truble with symmes valley and clay

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

With my work schedule, I was unable to attend every game last season. The games that I did see, there were some tired players, but the players played the game with great intensity and many players were forced to play the whole game without coming out (probably make you tired).

As for the upcoming year, I am wandering where the points are going to come from for this team? Anyone have any ideas or thoughts???????
With the loss Osborne, someone or several someones are going to have to score consistantly.

If the Eagles are to have a good season, I think the following Questions will need to be answered:
1. Defensively-will they be disciplined and play hard every night?
2. Offensively-where are the points gonna come from? Will the post players show up night in and night out?
3. Will the bench and role players be able to contribute?
4. Are the freshman as good as advertised?

I guess we will see the answers to these questions in a few weeks (Can't wait for hoops!)
Thoughts?

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Eaglesnest wrote:With my work schedule, I was unable to attend every game last season. The games that I did see, there were some tired players, but the players played the game with great intensity and many players were forced to play the whole game without coming out (probably make you tired).

As for the upcoming year, I am wandering where the points are going to come from for this team? Anyone have any ideas or thoughts???????
With the loss Osborne, someone or several someones are going to have to score consistantly.

If the Eagles are to have a good season, I think the following Questions will need to be answered:
2. Offensively-where are the points gonna come from? Will the post players show up night in and night out?

I guess we will see the answers to these questions in a few weeks (Can't wait for hoops!)
Thoughts?

Scoring will come from Thornsberry as the #1 option I would guess, probably Wheeler as the #2 option. But then there is McVey, Lawhorn, and Montgomery. Then you have the 2 freshman, they will be minutes and get theirs.

Look for them to run alot in transition and try to score that way.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

KrAm wrote:
Eaglesnest wrote:With my work schedule, I was unable to attend every game last season. The games that I did see, there were some tired players, but the players played the game with great intensity and many players were forced to play the whole game without coming out (probably make you tired).

Thoughts?

Scoring will come from Thornsberry as the #1 option I would guess, probably Wheeler as the #2 option. But then there is McVey, Lawhorn, and Montgomery. Then you have the 2 freshman, they will be minutes and get theirs.

Look for them to run alot in transition and try to score that way.

Thanks for the info Kram. Has Thornsberry gotten that much better? Has Wheeler improved also? I hope they have greatly over last season if they are to be the #1 and #2 options. Did either one averaged double figures last season?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

5HDboy, simms will cause them trouble but clay wont.

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

lightle04 wrote:5HDboy, simms will cause them trouble but clay wont.

Yea Clay is terrible this year arent they? Seeing how they have all 4 starters back plus more people who have improved! Ull be suprised come game day when Clay plays Eastern! I can't wait to hit the court!!!!!!!!! Now i'm not saying there the best team around but there going to be one of the toughest teams and people are going to think that were a nobody and were going to shock em.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Im not trying to underestamate anyone my oppinoin for what little its worth is that simms and eastern are the to top teams. Not that they cant or wont be beat just I think there the to best but this is why they play the games the cream will rise to the top it always does.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

cbaseball33 wrote:

Yea Clay is terrible this year arent they? Seeing how they have all 4 starters back plus more people who have improved! Ull be suprised come game day when Clay plays Eastern! I can't wait to hit the court!!!!!!!!! Now i'm not saying there the best team around but there going to be one of the toughest teams and people are going to think that were a nobody and were going to shock em.

Man u always say clay is gonna win the league in every sport every year. Lets get real. Im not saying there a bad team cause they had some good players last year but win the league??? Ive heard Eastern has been workin hard I expect big things from them this year

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

i think it will be a toss up of clay, eastern, and symmes. Clay is running 9 ppl deep this year all of whom are very capable of starting on any given night. Eastern is a great team, i am waiting to see who will step up this year and lead the team. Symmes has the best player in the league but their style of play makes them very unconsistent. this will be a great year of basketball in the SOC!!!!!!!!!!

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

deweese3 wrote:
cbaseball33 wrote:

Man u always say clay is gonna win the league in every sport every year. Lets get real. Im not saying there a bad team cause they had some good players last year but win the league??? Ive heard Eastern has been workin hard I expect big things from them this year

The reason he is saying that is because Clay is going to be a very talented team for sure and they could stay with any one in the area and yeah eastern has talent no doubt but still i think clay will shock alot of people out side of the CLay locker room and some of the few fans of clay that knows they can be good

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think the league will be very competitive this year there are alot of teams with a chip on there shoulder and they should have one some teams never reached there potential and others faltered down the stretch we will see who wants it the most when the season tips off I know our boys out here at Western played what seemed like 20+ games shootouts and summer league combined just to get better and try to sneak up on some of the league favorites.And I know Clay for one was at alot of the same things we were so this year should be interresting to say the least but hopefully all the work this summer will pay off come tourney time when we all are 0-0 winner takes all!!!!!!!!!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I am hearing good things about this years Eastern team..You have back McVey,Thornsberry,Wheeler,Montgomery,and Lawhorn who all saw alot of playing time last year.You also have a few kids people dont know alot about.I think Sophmore Caleb Watkins will suprise some people this season..He is about 6'1 or 6'2 and can play guard or forward.I believe he will help the Eagles alot and may even start some games.You also have Dakota Hawks that will help give minutes and the 2 talented incoming freshman...Chad Lands and Tavares Pickett which I expect to see minutes on the varsity level.I believe they can be a contender in the league along with Symmes Valley(the favorite imo),Clay,and I am hearing good things about New Boston.Should be interesting.
Last edited by beaverlover on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

This seems to be an exciting year for the boys basketball team.... They haven't had this much talent since around 2005...but you can have all the talent in the world, you have to know how to use it! Good luck Eagles!

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

You will not beat Waterford on the road. I GARRANTEE it.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Farmer Yoder wrote:You will not beat Waterford on the road. I GARRANTEE it.

Farmer,

According to the school website, Eastern Pike does not play Waterford?

12/11 Fri Western 6:00 P.M.
12/15 Tues. @ Minford* 5:00 P.M.
12/18 Fri. @ Notre Dame 6:00 P.M.
12/28 Mon. @ Pike Co. Tournament
12/30 Wed. @ Pike Co. Tournament
1/05 Tues @ New Boston 6:00 P.M.
1/08 Fri. Clay 6:00 P.M.
1/12 Tues. Symmes Valley 6:00 P.M.
1/15 Fri. @ East 6:00 P.M.
1/18 Mon. @ Hoops Classic - Wellston
1/19 Tues. Green 6:00 P.M.
1/22 Fri. @ Western 6:00 P.M