SOC2 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who will win the SOC 2 in the 2009-2010 season?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Total votes: 0

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2 09-10 Thoughts and Predictions

Post by bulkmove »

should be a fun year for the kids and coaches! Like Ace said, anyone could win on any given night. Looking forward to watching some games this winter.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

1. Wheelersburg
2. Oak Hill
3. Waverly
4. Valley
5. Minford
6. South Webster
7. Northwest
8. West

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Saturday December 5th. Mark your schedule and gas up your car. The Burg travels to Chesapeake. This will be one of the best games of the year for both teams even though it doesnt count for much. The Peake won last year. Burg has all starters returning but the Peake is by far stronger and much more talented than last year as well. They will have three kids on the floor at the same time dunking it. And all three are excellent 3 point shooters as well as playing strong in the paint. Its gonna be a GOOD one. My prediction is the Peake by 5.

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

I am saying this will be the return of Burg after taking it hard from the Oaks... They have a better older team, and they will be ready for revenge against the oaks.. but dont under estimate Oak Hill.. they will still be good.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Burg plays Chesapeake on the 5th.
Waverly plays Chesapeake on December 12 at the Convo (12:30p.m.).
Then Waverly hosts the Burg on the 18th.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Burg makes a long run in the football playoffs, this game will probably not be played or moved to later in the season.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I like what I'm hearing about Coach Ater and the Jeeps. I'm not saying they'll finish in the top half of the league, but I think they'll be able to compete with every team in the league this year, unlike the last couple of years. I could see them anywhere from 5-8 in the final SOC II standings, but still capable of reaching the District Championship in D4 tourney.*

Mohawk
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk »

1. Wheelersburg/Northwest
2. Oak Hill
3. Waverly
4. Valley
5. Minford
6. South Webster
7. West

This should be an interesting year in the SOC II

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Does Northwest have everyone returning or a lot of good players coming up? Just heard a lot of talk about how good they were going to be this year and people picking them first in the league. Just curious......I know Leslie is returning.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

iwearblacknikes wrote:Does Northwest have everyone returning or a lot of good players coming up? Just heard a lot of talk about how good they were going to be this year and people picking them first in the league. Just curious......I know Leslie is returning.

They get everybody back except thompson and tolle....they return 4 starters in Leslie, Kreig Crabtree, Kenny crabtree, and Chaise Hall. They get a big transfer in Dylan Brown and they go deep on the bench with Eric Frantz a key role player who is very fundamentally sound, jeremy Blankenship who has one of the better shots around and can untouchable on some nights he has improved his D also, Collin Lajoye who is a very quick scrappy player who has a good touch on the ball. Luke Brown will also get some time as a sophomore with his incredible athleticism and strength, mark moore is also a key bench player.
The biggest improvment I have seen in them this year is they are playing a team so the scoring should be much more balanced that way hank will not have to take the load every night. They are also all much stronger so they should be able to muscle some teams around and hold their own against the larger teams such as Oak Hill and Burg. They remind me alot of my 08 team as far as talent is concerned I just hope they are able to win a few more with the talent they have, but we shall see

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

i really think wheelersburg and oak hill is at the top, but dont sleep on waverly,valley and northwest

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Dont sleep on valley the Yates kid next to Evan Legg of piketon might be the best guard in southern ohio.

BigDogg88
Waterboy

Post by BigDogg88 »

I hear that a new boy is coming out for the Minford Squad this year. Cody Justice from the football field will be hitting the court. He brings a new meaning to the word "fast". He's a dandy from beyond the arc. Cannot wait to watch!

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

lightle04 wrote:Dont sleep on valley the Yates kid next to Evan Legg of piketon might be the best guard in southern ohio.

I'm pretty positive that Kyle Ondera is still in Southern Ohio, soo Evan Legg is NOT the best guard in SEO. :mrgreen: Ondera was MVP of the State Tournament.. and he has a ring.

:122249 :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

I've seen all 3 play. Cant say one is better than the other. Yates is a better scorer than the other two but Ondera and Legg are fantastic leaders/guards. Before anyone goes on and on about Legg didn't need to score, I realize that. He can score more than he needed to last year but I still say Yates, then Legg, then Ondera as far as just scoring.

EVEN as far at point guards.

soccer11
Waterboy

Post by soccer11 »

burg, valley, waverly, oak hill some combination of them will be 1-4 if valley can win all the games at home... again... i think they have a very good chance to win it... new players same old story
minford 5
nortwest 6
southwebster 7
west 8

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Look for the jeeps this year. Good athletes coming off strong soccer season. Confidence will carry over to the hardwood. They are going to bite some teams this year. They should be a pest in soc 2.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

1. Burg
2. Oak Hill
3. Waverly
4. Northwest
5. Valley
6. Minford
7. Southwebster
8. West