OVC STANDINGS

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Re: OVC STANDINGS

Post by ole_Bobcat »

ovc fan wrote:Peake over South Point tonight by around 12 i think. Was a good game. They shoul beat River Valley at home Wednesday to go unbeaten in conference play. Congrats to the young men and Coach Davis.

They lost to Southpoint the first time they played if i am correct? How could they be undefeated in league play?

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

3musketeers wrote:please--how in the world you can base a kid's level of play on how he is playing as a 5th or 6th grader is beyond me. I have seen many "stars" in the 5-8th grade sit the bench in high school and have seen many "average" players become the "star" on varsity. That is why it is important to develop all your players coming through the youth ranks and not just focus on a few kids at that level. You never know what your missing!

Very good post! How many kids have you seen who are 5' 6" in 8th grade and never grow a bit more or get any better?
How many have you seen that are 5' 4" in 9th grade and end up being 6' plus and being very good varsity players, I agree many coaches lose the importance of developing any kid who works hard and has desire,you never know??

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

ole_Bobcat wrote:
ovc fan wrote:Peake over South Point tonight by around 12 i think. Was a good game. They shoul beat River Valley at home Wednesday to go unbeaten in conference play. Congrats to the young men and Coach Davis.

They lost to Southpoint the first time they played if i am correct? How could they be undefeated in league play?

chesapeake has won both games against South Point

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

hey bobkitty, did rv play tonight?
i know ga @ rv tomorrow night but what about other makeup games? peake? meigs? fairland?

supertrooper
Waterboy

Post by supertrooper »

Chesapeake and River Valley play their makeup game Wednesday.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Ole bobcat, if you watched the news they had it wrong. Peake won the first game as well. By 7 i think. They will more than likely meet again Saturday for the sectional final in Jackson.

Return to “Boys Basketball”