South Webster @ Northwest 1/26 JEEPS WIN 60-58 buzzer beater

dimedrop4
All State

Re: South Webster @ Northwest 1/26

Post by dimedrop4 »

murmur wrote:Sphomore David Sutton @ buzzer for game winning basket.

Great to see the young guys steppin up for their team. Congrats David, and most importantly congrats to the Jeeps on a great comeback and "TEAM" win!!!

And Jeep80, i know that was a loooonnng 21 secs. I was gettin my updates through text and when a game is that crazy I guess I could understand why it was so long :122245

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I've noticed Mr. Sutton has been making some noise lately! Keep up the good work young man!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

dimedrop4 wrote:

Great to see the young guys steppin up for their team. Congrats David, and most importantly congrats to the Jeeps on a great comeback and "TEAM" win!!!

And Jeep80, i know that was a loooonnng 21 secs. I was gettin my updates through text and when a game is that crazy I guess I could understand why it was so long :122245

I was going nuts over here!! :lol:

WELL worth the wait though!!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

jeep80 wrote:
dimedrop4 wrote:

I was going nuts over here!! :lol:

WELL worth the wait though!!

I apologize for the long wait. :lol: But I was going crazy too, and I agree. WELL WORTH THE WAIT! :122245

JEEP
Waterboy

Post by JEEP »

thanks for updates shoud have made the trip :aaaaa17

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Sounds like you missed a good one Jeep! Gotta get out and see those games! :-D

JEEP
Waterboy

Post by JEEP »

did not think it would be that close!
Northwest, way better than I gave them HATS OFF to the Mohawks, and I now think they can beat anyone.
Just glad we are done with them.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Great game. Congrats to South Webster. That final shot was Gerry McNamara vs Cincinnati a few years back.

The Mohawks need to learn to close out games. Thats 3 games lost when they had a 10 point lead in the 4th, (17 points @ Burg, 10 Points vs Valley and now 13 points to Webster) If we closed out those games were looking at a completely different year.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

i had a stroke after that shot dropped. :lol:

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Knew this would be a tough one for the Jeeps, but glad to see them gut one out on the road. Northwest is a pretty solid team (better than their record anyways) and Leslie is a beast. Sounds like the Jeeps never stopped playing even when down by 13pts going into the 4th. Can't say I saw that same toughness the last 2 years.

But the Jeeps are halfway home at 9-1, and a HUGE game coming up Friday night at home against Oak Hill. It will be a PACKED house for that one.*

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: South Webster @ Northwest 1/26 JEEPS WIN 60-58 buzzer beater

Post by ManitouDan »

did the SW-east thread get yanked ?

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Great game, the legend of northwest is right NW has to start closing...and they also need a true leader on the team, not saying they're not good ball players...but you need a captain to step up and say don't take the shot until there is absolutely no chance the other team has a chance to score, which didn't happen!....and not taking anything away from the kid that hit the shot but like my friend said to me after the game it was like something out of nba live when you hit the wrong button instead of shoot and you throw up some crazy shot...but it went in :?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

yes
ManitouDan wrote:did the SW-east thread get yanked ?

all-time athlete wrote:Great game, the legend of northwest is right NW has to start closing...and they also need a true leader on the team, not saying they're not good ball players...but you need a captain to step up and say don't take the shot until there is absolutely no chance the other team has a chance to score, which didn't happen!....and not taking anything away from the kid that hit the shot but like my friend said to me after the game it was like something out of nba live when you hit the wrong button instead of shoot and you throw up some crazy shot...but it went in :?

More like space jam. if it didn't go in, it shouldv'e been a foul any way and David is cash from the line. he jumped from about the 3 line and it hit the front of the rim, hit the block, off the backboard and hung on the front of the rim for a second. David gets some good playing time, but not enough :-D I can see him dropping 20- 30 points a game his senoir year.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

now for my serious analysis. Jeeps came out hot but NW countered with the 3 ball. Leslie got inside and pounded it. NW ran away with in the 3rd. the Jeeps were down 16 at one point but some big shots dropped and Ater got them rallied up. You could see the change in them in the huddle. 21 seconds and webster inbounds it.... straight into NW hands.the take time to about 10 seconds and drive inside and miss a 10 footer, scott gets it heaves it to sutton at about half and he made it.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

LUCKY

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I'd rather be lucky then good any time. :-D

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Luck is just preperation meeting opportunity.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Thats why EVERYTHING IN TX is " BIGGER " : ) Had to rib on u alittle bit Jeep80!! When u headed back to Jeep Country?

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I would LOVE to be forced to make a return in March for a certain tounament in Columbus. Girls or Boys. Doesn't matter!
Outside of that, it won't be until next season.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can spend the entire Basketball season in South Webster. It will happen!!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

We will WELCOME U back with OPEN arms!!! Hopefully we will see u in MARCH!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”