Division II Southeastern sectional

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Division II Southeastern sectional

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly takes down D4 South Webster by 14 on the road......Chilly loses to Warren at Chilly by 1

Jackson over Marietta by about 15 at Marietta

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly will not get the chance to beat Oak Hill before the seeding on Sunday. Waverly (Robertson) wanted to play the game tomorrow (Saturday 13th) but National Coach of the Year, Stormin Normin Persin refused to play it then. They will not be playing that game until next Saturday (20th). Waverly and Oak Hill both sitting at home tomorrow night while they have games to make up - makes no sense!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It's the coaches call it seems. Gotta do what you believe is best for your team.

Jackson defeats Gallia Academy to move to 8-9 and lock up the #6 seed I imagine.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I guess I was wrong about Chilly. They could easily slide to the #4 spot now. They are not playing very good basketball right now.

1/2 Waverly/Court House
1/2 Court House/Waverly
3 Hillsboro
4 Chillicothe
5 Greenfield McClain
6 Jackson
7 Unioto
8 Miami Trace
9 Circleville

8 vs 9 with winner vs 1
4 vs 5
1/8/9 vs 4/5 to advance to District

2 vs 7
3 vs 6
2/7 vs 3/6 to advance to District

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

Waverly and Chilli are the best two teams in the sectional. With that said WCH has done what they need to do to deserve a 1 seed even if I believe they would lose to either team. IMO, the seeding SHOULD go WCH, Waverly, Chilli, Hillsboro. Waverly would have a legit argument fo the 1 seed though and would certainly be deserving if they get it.

Even though they deserve a 3 based on S.O.S., as a Cavalier fan who would like to see them make a deep run in the postseason, I would almost like to see the Cavs get a 4 seed because then they would be able to avoid L.E. for another round before playing them in the District Championship instead of the District semi's. Now I know that some will say that I am not giving due respect to WCH but I feel that the Cavs will win or lose because of the Cavs not anyone else. If they play to their ability, there is no one in the sectional(except MAYBE Waverly...MAYBE) who can beat them. They are so inconsistent though that they COULD lose to anyone. IMO a draw of...
1)WCH
2)Waverly
3)Hillsboro
4)Chillicothe
...would be the best possible scenario for Waverly and Chilli but the worst possible scenario for everyone else. IMO the other teams will make sure that Chilli and Waverly face each other whether that means the 1 and the 4 or the 2 and the 3.

Return to “Boys Basketball”