TVC-Hocking P.O.Y.??

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: TVC-Hocking P.O.Y.??

Post by Steely Dan »

Who9Dey wrote:I dont agree how the all league is done in the TVC..Last year in the meeting since Waterford won they got 4 players...southern 3...fed and trimble 2 and eastern and miller 1. If I am off here please let me know... sometimes the number 1 team has 2 dominant players and 3 ave some teams have 3 pretty good players but the dominance of say a Cunningham will make it that the 4th best player on waterord make the all tvc team and say easterns 2nd best player doesnt get on and prob the 2nd best player on eastern is better than the 4th best on the champions team.
I had a hard time with this last year... I think coaches should nominate 3 players from each team and let the coaches vote...noone is going to tell me that method is correct...I mean no harm to wateford.. the people there were very nice and the ones I met were great but the starting "4" was all league...cmon

Tyler Thompson is the the POY ...he started coming on last year and was Feds go to guy last year at the end of the season and this year has put this team on his back and I feel he deserves the POY...thats just my opinion

Who9dey - I agree with you 100%, my friend.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

you were actually the one that brought everything back up.....i was just stating my view on the post...as everyone can see and it was you that starting acting like a child

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Edited by SD to stay on topic. :)
Last edited by Steely Dan on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

lets just talk about the topic

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Yepper. I agree with you on that. Let's keep on subject from this point on.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Please keep on topic ... I know most of you guys, but I am asked to read a lot of the TVC threads and warn/ban anyoone who is off topic/being negative/making harsh statements/etc....etc....

Its TVC-Hocking Player of the year .... and remember their all just kids that we're talking about.

thx

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Heavy D wrote:
classof86 wrote:Guthrie didn't even affect the game against Eastern

Thats why they lost. So I guess that is a vote for him from 86. ;-)

I dont think Guthrie accounts for 40 points a game... Great team defense by the Eagles is that reason trimble lost.

I'll take Winebrenner as my POY, but I agree that it is hard to pick an Eagle because they are such a team-first team. They pass up open layups to feed the guy that runs with them--i love it. True--TEAM Basketball. But Winebrenner has been as consistent as they come this season. He shoots a high percentage, passes the ball well, and ALWAYS hustles on defense. If i couldnt vote for kelly, I'll take Thomson as my other. He's a great shooter but from the 3 games I've seen him play he just doesnt have that hustle on D. IDK, may have just been what I saw.
Last edited by gh123 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Tyler gets his chance this Friday at Eastern. If Fed goes to Eastern and wins he should be considered if not he's out of the running.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I have only seen Thompson play once this year so I don't know anything about his defense. He is definatly the best offensive player. This will be a tough decision for whoever votes.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

athens78 wrote:Tyler gets his chance this Friday at Eastern. If Fed goes to Eastern and wins he should be considered if not he's out of the running.

Thats if we dont get all this snow I keep hearing about! :roll:

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Who gives a half rats behind about all this Poy talk? Just win and get to the state thats all we cared about. Thats half the problem today most of these kids only care about themselfs and not the team. I say do way with Poy.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Get off this topic Dog

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

athens78 wrote:Tyler gets his chance this Friday at Eastern. If Fed goes to Eastern and wins he should be considered if not he's out of the running.

Thats dumb. His chance at POY shouldn't be based on that game. Makes no sense. Eastern is a better team than fed hock, that i agree with. But its PLAYER OF THE YEAR, not team of the year. You shouldnt take the tvc winning team and choose someone from that team to be poy. I'm sure ppl will disagree with me.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

RedBaron wrote:

Thats dumb. His chance at POY shouldn't be based on that game. Makes no sense. Eastern is a better team than fed hock, that i agree with. But its PLAYER OF THE YEAR, not team of the year. You shouldnt take the tvc winning team and choose someone from that team to be poy. I'm sure ppl will disagree with me.

I agree with you 100%. POY is the best player in the league not the best player on the team that wins the league.

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

I still say Weinbrenner

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

1) Thompson of Federal Hocking
2) Winebrenner/Lynch of Eastern
3) Guthrie of Trimble

the Kool-Aid Man
Freshman Team

Post by the Kool-Aid Man »

My player of the Year vote if I had one would go to. Jake Lynch of Eastern. The kid does a Great job of running the offense for the Eagles and getting the his teamatesgood looks to score. Thompson also is in the discussion the kid can flat out score. Guthrie still needs alot of work. Needs to be more consistant with scoring. IMO

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Sean Coppick - Southern

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

Noah Guthrie - Trimble

chosen1
Waterboy

Post by chosen1 »

nobody ever gives credit to the people who make the posts look good(point guards)

Return to “Boys Basketball”