Eastern Brown vs Peebles

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern Brown vs Peebles

Post by cheer 'em on »

Gotta give props to some players that always contribute, but stepped up BIG in this win. Stephens got rebounds that there is no way he should have gotten! McFarland not only hit a big 3, but he had a huge steal that was pivotal. Andy C. was the MAN at the free throw line, and kept us in the game. Andrew Seaman, to come in and score 10 points in the second half, and one-legged at that, was the kind of heart it takes to win ballgames.

baddog
Riding the Bench

Post by baddog »

Good teams will always find a way to pull it out in the end. I think we may have something here or at least i hope.

GO INDIANS

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Man,

That tourney draw with Portsmouth is nasty.......Peebles will have their hands full.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Main Man wrote:Man,

That tourney draw with Portsmouth is nasty.......Peebles will have their hands full.

You're telling me...it would have been nice to have Piketon's bracket...they can practically coast to the regionals. But we didn't get to 17-0 by backing down, we're 17-0 because We are the Indians.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jchitwood wrote:

You're telling me...it would have been nice to have Piketon's bracket...they can practically coast to the regionals. But we didn't get to 17-0 by backing down, we're 17-0 because We are the Indians.

Eastern Brown also seems to have a fairly easy go at a deep run. Why out of all the top 3 seeds does #1 have the toughest tourny schedule? The tribe will potentially have to face North Adams(For a third time, its tough to beat a team 3 times in a single season, and Dave Young will have them playing above what they have shown so far this season), Portsmouth(Would probably have the 1 seed if a couple of their starters didnt have to sit out a good bit of the season), and Ironton(Is undefeated in the toughest conference in SEO and as a program has had a bunch of fairly recent success in the tourny). This all just to advance out of the districts. If Peebles can make it out of the district tourny alive I would not want to be on the team that has to play them in the regionals.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
jchitwood wrote:

Eastern Brown also seems to have a fairly easy go at a deep run. Why out of all the top 3 seeds does #1 have the toughest tourny schedule? The tribe will potentially have to face North Adams(For a third time, its tough to beat a team 3 times in a single season, and Dave Young will have them playing above what they have shown so far this season), Portsmouth(Would probably have the 1 seed if a couple of their starters didnt have to sit out a good bit of the season), and Ironton(Is undefeated in the toughest conference in SEO and as a program has had a bunch of fairly recent success in the tourny). This all just to advance out of the districts. If Peebles can make it out of the district tourny alive I would not want to be on the team that has to play them in the regionals.

As always Tribe, very well put and I agree completely. It's a very rough draw, but if we play to our potential we can handle it.

Congrats on earning your "E" btw.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Two words Indians Players: hand sanitizer.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

"Congrats on earning your "E" btw."

:lol: Thank you, just noticed I got that letter. lol Only 8 more to go.

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Game of the year. Andrew going down in the second quarter was pretty scary, his return to the game really sparked the Indian offense. We had a tie for leading scorer with 21 for both Andrew Seaman and Blake Justice. The Peebles JV got beat pretty badly(21), the 3 gaurds who also play a ton of minutes for varsity could not miss a shot. The Peebles freshmen walked away with a 34-25 victory.

Current Peebles records:
Varsity 17-0
JV 14-3
Freshmen 13-1?

Career Points:
Blake Justice 1443(only 41 to go for the record!)
Andrew Seaman 1212

Good luck trying to rap up an undefeated regular season/gold ball next week Indians. WE BELIEVE.

It seems the varsity contest was certainly a challenge with your boys displaying tremendous inner strength and desire to overcome the deficit and emerging victorious. I gather that they have received superior instruction from a knowledgeable tutor that has instilled a desire to achieve greatness. It has also come to my attention that your varsity coach is calling it quits after this season. If this is true, I hope that his understudies fair better than they did during this same nights contests. Well wishes throughout the tournament.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I was at the peebles game against brown a good game to watch I think peebles might be a little small to get realy far in d 3 but if they play with the same effort as they did in the second half of that game they could cause some trouble.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Peebles needs to get away from the slow starts. They have been able to overcome the holes they allow themselves to get into, but against stronger competition, this will be an issue.

How is Seaman's (sp) injury?

dragon88
Riding the Bench

Post by dragon88 »

tobiasunderwood wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:Game of the year. Andrew going down in the second quarter was pretty scary, his return to the game really sparked the Indian offense. We had a tie for leading scorer with 21 for both Andrew Seaman and Blake Justice. The Peebles JV got beat pretty badly(21), the 3 gaurds who also play a ton of minutes for varsity could not miss a shot. The Peebles freshmen walked away with a 34-25 victory.

Current Peebles records:
Varsity 17-0
JV 14-3
Freshmen 13-1?

Career Points:
Blake Justice 1443(only 41 to go for the record!)
Andrew Seaman 1212

Good luck trying to rap up an undefeated regular season/gold ball next week Indians. WE BELIEVE.

It seems the varsity contest was certainly a challenge with your boys displaying tremendous inner strength and desire to overcome the deficit and emerging victorious. I gather that they have received superior instruction from a knowledgeable tutor that has instilled a desire to achieve greatness. It has also come to my attention that your varsity coach is calling it quits after this season. If this is true, I hope that his understudies fair better than they did during this same nights contests. Well wishes throughout the tournament.

Not really understanding what it is that you are trying to say here. Our varsity is 17-0, the JV is [color=#408080]14-3 [/color]and the freshman are 12-1. Over all that makes us 43 wins and 4 losses. We do appreciate the well wishes though!

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

tobiasunderwood must know something we at Peebles don't know

indianmaniac
Riding the Bench

Post by indianmaniac »

tobiasunderwood wrote:

dragon88 wrote:
Not really understanding what it is that you are trying to say here. Our varsity is 17-0, the JV is [color=#408080]14-3 [/color]and the freshman are 12-1. Over all that makes us 43 wins and 4 losses. We do appreciate the well wishes though!

If I am reading right, tobiasunderwood is paying a compliment to Coach Lawhorn for coaching a good game and also to the boys for not giving up.

I'll have to agree that if the rumor is true....Coach Lawhorn will be missed.

We don't really need to get into that all right now. Let's just concentrate on a long tourney run!

Goodluck Indians!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

indianmaniac wrote:
tobiasunderwood wrote:
We don't really need to get into that all right now. Let's just concentrate on a long tourney run!

Goodluck Indians!

Agreed, now is not the time to focus on coach gossip.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

chitwood,
my point is that peebles being in the small division helps their chances for a good record. would they be undefeated if they had to play each of the big schools twice? we will never know but in essence they are two separate leagues with one crossover game each. a gold ball would be more impressive with wins over all of the bigger schools twice instead of once. they probably should put west union in the small division to better balance the competition, but we both know that isn't going to happen. the mvc in cincinnati has 10 teams and they realign their teams every two years based on their league records. if you win the bottom division two years in a row you get moved up to the top division. their league has mostly d3 and d4 teams with one d2 team and they have the same set up as the shl with one game against other division and two games with own division.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

if peebles does get out of the district who would be their most probable regional opponent? will they play one of the other se teams or would they get the team coming from the east?

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

sparky wrote:chitwood,
my point is that peebles being in the small division helps their chances for a good record. would they be undefeated if they had to play each of the big schools twice? we will never know but in essence they are two separate leagues with one crossover game each. a gold ball would be more impressive with wins over all of the bigger schools twice instead of once. they probably should put west union in the small division to better balance the competition, but we both know that isn't going to happen. the mvc in cincinnati has 10 teams and they realign their teams every two years based on their league records. if you win the bottom division two years in a row you get moved up to the top division. their league has mostly d3 and d4 teams with one d2 team and they have the same set up as the shl with one game against other division and two games with own division.

Ah, I understand now. I like that realignment system, similar to what the Brits do in soccer. I've never been a fan of the big/school small school system...playing Fayetteville twice doesn't help Peebles any, for example. I do think Peebles could have beaten Ripley, Lynchburg and Eastern twice...though it's pointless to debate, cause it ain't happenin'.

I also don't think being in the "big school" div automatically makes a team better, so by the logic you're using North Adams would have needed two league games against Peebles last year to win the gold ball. The league system is imperfect, and winning the league pales in comparison to multiple trips to the convo.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Likely regional opponents for our bracket:

Oak Hill, Eastern brown, Albany Alexander, Belpre.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

and Fairland

Return to “Boys Basketball”