Burg 57 vs Oak Hil 51..FINAL 2-26-10 3rd meeting this year

therepublican
Varsity

Re: Burg vs Oak Hill 2-26-10 3rd meeting this year

Post by therepublican »

Tiger2010: My point is obvious, the topic your bringing up has been removed multiple times from SEOP. Therefore, you shouldn't bring up the issues again. If you choose to, then go for it.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Pulling for the Pirates in this one... Go Burg!!!.. Need to bring your A game on both sides of the court and anything is possible..

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

therepublican:
This is a Wheelersburg/Oak Hill thread and I started out by saying I wanted Burg to win. :122245 Because of replies to that post and subsequent posts I felt it was necessary to make the post you object to. :122246 It does correlate to what "could" happen Friday night very much because it involves one of the teams playing. :shock: With that being said - GO BURG! :122245

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:therepublican:
This is a Wheelersburg/Oak Hill thread and I started out by saying I wanted Burg to win. :122245 Because of replies to that post and subsequent posts I felt it was necessary to make the post you object to. :122246 It does correlate to what "could" happen Friday night very much because it involves one of the teams playing. :shock: With that being said - GO BURG! :122245

Here's an idea. Start your own thread, continue whining like you have been for a week and you can leave this thread alone.

Republican, I take it there won't be a internet feed for the game tonight then?

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Tiger2010:

I just didn't know if you were aware that one of the OH vs Waverly thread were pulled down for many reasons. just wanted to keep things "clean" on here. I am pulling for the Burg in this one too! I really want to see an upset and see the Burg advance to the Convo!

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Bucknut: I have no idea if the game is online..I wish it was because I can't be at the game. The Burg so needs a momentum push into friday night!

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Stegman had a solid game Monday night vs RH, which he hasn't had in probably 6 or 7 games. Another one tonight (20 point game) is huge, because they need him to get on a hot streak going into Friday..The probelm Burg faces Friday is Stegman gets double and tripled teamed as soon as the ball is fed to him. Stegman goes the whole game seeing that, therefore he gets called for traveling when trying to jumpstop between two and three guys or get the ball held up for a jump ball. I would love to see Diduit or Sloan go in with Stegman to take some of the pressure off...but the coach never does that? I assume it is because if Andy gets in foul trouble they (being the post players) have to go in for Stegman and Burg can't afford to get all their post players in foul trouble??? Not sure, but for two meetings with OH now Burg has struggled in the post.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

This will be a slobber knocker from the get go. I'm going with the Oaks by 3.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I remember a 9-11 Burg team playing 20-0 and No. 1 in the state Chesapeake in the sectionals in 1992 and leaving Rock Hill's gym with the win. It can be done

Can they beat the Oaks, sure they can, but they have to bring it the whole game. Keeping the Oaks off the offensive glass will be huge and knocking down some shots early. If Burg gets a lead I would hold the ball at half court and make the Oaks come out of the zone. Anyone remember the game where Eaton held the ball almost the whole 3rd qtr against Gallipolis. I believe it was in 95. Was it boring, sure it was. Did it work, probably so.

Good luck Pirates. Been a long, long time since Burg has been shut out from the convo in back to back years. I'm guessing 84-85 and 85-86 seasons.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

therepublican,
Yes I am aware of the previous thread getting pulled down. Names were mentioned and I'm not sure what else was said before it got pulled down, I had gone to bed. I don't think anything I have said on this thread has been out of line and I have every intention of dropping the issue.

Bucknut27,
This is a public thread and what I have posted concerns "what could happen" in the Burg/Oak Hill game so I don't need to start another thread. As I just told therepublican, I have every intention of dropping the issue on this thread.

GO BURG!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

WE ARE :aaaaa41 OAK HILL

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

Burg cant get rattled by the oaks physical play or it will be all oaks. Some teams Ive seen them play seem to get intimidated by it. I think Burg will be fired up and pull off the upset. Burg by 2.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

As many people that have picked the Burg, I don't know that it would be an upset anymore.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MOF,
"Picking" a team to win is allot different than wanting a team to win :122249
What we have seen posted on here is the want to :122245

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I picked the oaks in the pick em contest... but i want burg to win

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

The tempo that Oak Hill likes to play keeps most teams in the game. Ive watched them totally dominate teams for the 1st 3 quarters and be up by 10 to 15. So if they dont dominate the other team its normally closer than that. But Norm and his boys seem to be at their best at the end when its close. I just think Burg will end their great run. Burg will have to play great and have a few breaks go their way.

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

I do love an underdog. Not very often is Burg the dog.

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

We believe if you boys just come and play as hard as you can for 32 minutes and you will come out with the win
go pirates!

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

I was curious about something and this is from a neutral standpoint, so I'm hoping I can get some feedback on this. Why doesn't the Massie boy from W-Burg get to start or play quality minutes? I was very impressed with his play in the JV games all season long and was also impressed with how hard and well he played when he got in during the Varsity game against Rock Hill in the sectional game. I know Mcbee isn't healthy or at least isn't back to full form so why not give him a chance? His play isn't a question because he is a heck of a ball player and I'm not taking anything away from Mcbee or any other players just thought he deserved his chance just like every other player.

anyways i think the Oaks will come out with the victory in this game. they just got to play hard and smart and not look past burg just because they have beat them 2 times this year. lock down on D and you will come out with the victory!

GO OAKS!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

ballfan13
Waterboy

Post by ballfan13 »

Why has the Burg suddenly become so popular after being one of the most disliked?

Return to “Boys Basketball”