Final: Portsmouth 73 @ Marietta 59

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Re: Portsmouth @ Marietta, 2/4/11

Post by oldtrojan »

bigcline81 wrote:wow wayne evens had 39 points in this win almost 40 that crazy.....
Pretty sure the school record is 42 set by Larry Hisle in 1964-65. Trojandave can verify this for me I am sure.
great effort by Wayne. After his blistering first 3 quarters really thought this might be the game in which the record fell!
Last edited by oldtrojan on Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Re: Final: Portsmouth 73 @ Marietta 59

Post by 14U »

Tobias I might have to get in touch with you and do old time and go to games with you. Let me know buddy

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Trojan7 or MHS...Do you have a final reserve score? Someone said Marietta won. Thanks.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Jottings wrote:Trojan7 or MHS...Do you have a final reserve score? Someone said Marietta won. Thanks.
57-37, Marietta

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojan7.

I went and checked out the updates you did on here,,thats the coolest thing ever man,,Im sure the ones that couldnt make tha game loved it......

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

biggdowgg wrote:trojan7.

I went and checked out the updates you did on here,,thats the coolest thing ever man,,Im sure the ones that couldnt make tha game loved it......
Yes I did. It was better than listening to the Marietta radio announcers!

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

oldtrojan wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:trojan7.

Yes I did. It was better than listening to the Marietta radio announcers!

Wow!!! I might miss a game on purpose....cause that is pretty sweet, lol!! just kidding!! But that is a nice little touch to keeping up to date with the Trojans if you just so happen to not be able to make a game!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

"This wasn't the way our seniors wanted to go out," the Marietta coach said. "But if Portsmouth plays like it did tonight, they're going to be tough to beat. They shot the ball extremely well."

Especially deadeye Evans.

:mrgreen:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

oldtrojan: The individual high point game at Portsmouth is held by Larry Hisle, who tallied 41 vs. Wilmington in 1965........Wayne had a fantastic game, and it's the second time this year he has scored at least 35........Wayne should be a slam dunk for all-district, and I think he deserves mention for all-state honors.

Good game by the Trojans after that HUGE win over Chillicothe on Tuesday.......I was worried about an emotional letdown, but we took care of business against a good Marietta team that I think is underrated.

Return to “Boys Basketball”